Posted by Lillpop
A bulletin board - what a fun project to create for your house, family, friends, or even a gift. Learn how to make one in several easy instructions.
1. Buy a bulletin board at an office store or Walmart. The one used is by RoseArt and is approximately 11 x 14.
2. Take your bulletin board and begin painting the outside edges. This may take a few coats of paint. Let the paint dry between each coat.
2. Next, use sandpaper to make the paint look distressed. There will be quite a bit of paint that will flake off.
3. Add ink around the edges to distress the board even more.
4. Pick three to four different pattern papers or cardstock.
5. Cut the first piece approximately 12" x 7". You may want to ink around the edges.
6. Adhere your first piece of paper to your bulletin board. Adhesive (tombo) or glue dots work great.
7. Cut your second piece of paper approximately 5" x 9". Adhere to your board.
8. Cut your third piece of paper to approximately 12" x 3". Again, adhere to your board.
9. Finally, cut your fourth piece of paper to approximately 5" x 4". You may choose to use another pattern or use your first paper that you adhered to the board.
10. Your background is complete.
11. Next, it is time to embellish your board.
12. The first embellishment to add is a name. You may want to ink around the edges of the letters. You need to make the name fairly big so it is dominant on the board.
13. Add a picture to the board of friends, family, or a pet.
14. Next, you may want to cover up any seams with various embellishments such as ribbon or flowers.
15. Add various embellishments to complete your board. This would include die-cuts, stickers, ribbons, and flowers.
16. Your board is complete!
Products used on the bulletin board can be purchased at ACOT and are the Daisy D's Girlfriend Line:
Posted by Lillpop
Reader Comments ...
butterfly843 . Long Island, NY
10/16/06 10:04 pm
10/16/06 9:31 pm
10/15/06 6:48 am
10/15/06 1:18 am
10/14/06 1:12 am
10/13/06 3:11 pm
10/12/06 10:44 pm
10/10/06 8:06 pm
10/10/06 3:24 pm
MindySue . Sitka, Alaska
10/10/06 11:25 am
10/10/06 7:22 am
10/9/06 10:07 pm
10/9/06 2:52 pm
10/9/06 12:21 pm
10/9/06 11:47 am