Posted by MamaK321
When the ACOT returned from CHA Summer, they shared some fantastic projects that were seen adorning the manufacturer's booths. This is one project that you, the ACOT community, begged to know more about so we contacted Making Memories and they graciously shared the instructions for this brilliant paper craft. Enjoy!
Halloween Wreath Instructions by Making Memories
You will need the following Tools and Supplies:
Making Memories patterned paper, diecut paper
Making Memories embellishments, ribbon
Hot glue gun, hot glue sticks
1. Tie ribbon (for hanging) to the wreath.
2. Cut 1/4" strips of different MM patterned papers and wrap each strip tightly around a pencil to curl. Create about 80 curled strips to start the project then cut and curl more as needed to complete the wreath.
3. Using a hot glue gun, hot glue curled strips of paper, one at a time, to the Styrofoam wreath. Hot glue each curl up-close to the one prior. The curls should be at different angles to each other, not aligned.
4. Keep adding curls until the wreath is covered (front, inner side, and outer side of wreath – but not the back).
5. Cut lollipop sticks in half, then hot glue the sticks to the backs of MM die-cut labels, felt embellishments, and stickers. Insert sticks randomly into the wreath. Add hot glue if needed to keep sticks in place. Tie ribbon to some sticks if you like.
6. Cut large circle out of scalloped die-cut paper, sized larger than the base of the wreath, then glue paper to the back side of the wreath.
7. Hot glue additional curls to the wreath if needed so that none of the Styrofoam can be seen from the sides or front.
Another wreath variation by SarahA:
About the author...
Posted by MamaK321
Reader Comments ...
9/28/09 4:58 am
9/7/09 1:03 pm
cat1393 . Long Island, NY
9/4/09 2:24 pm
baltoscrapper . Baltimore Md
9/3/09 1:00 pm
9/3/09 12:44 pm
9/3/09 10:56 am
9/3/09 9:39 am
emarie803 . West Texas
9/3/09 9:26 am
9/3/09 8:27 am
9/3/09 7:37 am
Sus79 . Denmark
9/3/09 5:46 am
9/2/09 10:45 pm
writerlady . Southeast Connecticut
9/2/09 8:14 pm
9/2/09 7:58 pm