What are your favorite rides/attractions at Disney?

chat about Disneyland/World [Public]

Moderator: twinsmommie

What are your favorite rides/attractions at Disney?

Postby stateless » Wed May 01, 2013 12:27 pm

Seems like there are a few Disney fans posting on the boards these days so I'd love to get this forum hopping! So here's an easy question - what are your favorites attractions at Disney parks?

My two absolute favorites are both nostalgic picks as I've loved them since I was a child: the monorail and the Main Street Electrical Parade.
- Valerie/stateless

stateless
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 221

Re: What are your favorite rides/attractions at Disney?

Postby christinec68 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 pm

I'll do one from each park:

MK: Big Thunder Mountain RR
EP: Turtle talk with Crush
DS: Rock n Roller Coaster
AK: Kilimanjaro Safari

christinec68
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 235

Postby stateless » Thu May 02, 2013 9:29 am

I've actually never done Turtle Talk with Crush! It's one of those things I keep meaning to do but I don't ever get around to it for one reason or another. One day I'll get to that and the few other things I've never done.

If I were picking for each park, it would go something like this:

MK: This is tough. I guess Space Mountain with the Haunted Mansion a close second.
EP: Test Track - but I haven't been on it since the refurb. (Wait - does the Food and Wine Festival count? Heh heh.)
DS (I still want to call it MGM): Tower of Terror
AK: Expedition Everest but all of the animal attractions are a close second since I am a giant animal nerd.
- Valerie/stateless

stateless
Cherry Bomb

Postby karensay » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:15 pm

I am amazed that 12yo DD favorites are The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House and the Tiki Birds. Those have been there since my first visit in 1973. We are going in Nov 13 to see the Christmas Lights.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 171

Postby Deanna13 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:39 pm

I'd say my fav from everything is Big Thunder Mountain. Also, enjoyed the rides with the grandkids at Magic Kingdom.......Dumbo and the Tea Cups.

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2039

Postby stateless » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:49 pm

karensay wrote:I am amazed that 12yo DD favorites are The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House and the Tiki Birds. Those have been there since my first visit in 1973. We are going in Nov 13 to see the Christmas Lights.

The Tiki Birds are a sentimental favorite. I was so excited when I visited Disneyland for the first time because they still had the original show rather than the updated one that's at WDW.
- Valerie/stateless

stateless
Cherry Bomb

Postby karensay » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:20 am

For me, I love 'It's a Small World' I remember seeing that at the New York World's Fair in ?1964? I like the attractions I enjoyed the first time I went to WDW in 1973.

I can't wait to go in November. We are trying to figure out where to spend our days.
MK one day for sure, the main reason for the trip is to see the Christmas lights/decorations there.
Last time we had one day at AK and we did not have nearly enough time, so, one day there, at least.
DD wants to see Harry Potter at Universal Islands, that leaves one more day.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 171

Postby stateless » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Great choices - MK is beautiful at Christmas, especially the lights on the castle. And AK is my second favorite park so I am biased. They do cute Christmas trees that are decorated for different characters - adorable. For the last day, I'd probably go with Epcot but that's because Hollywood Studios is kind of needing a makeover... Although if you're really gung ho about Christmas decorations, the Osbourne Family lights are stunning! And the rumor is that this might be the last year they do them because HS might just get that makeover.

I haven't been to Universal for Harry Potter but I've heard great things! Make sure you're there early to avoid the long lines!
- Valerie/stateless

stateless
Cherry Bomb

Postby disneygram » Tue May 23, 2017 11:24 pm

No one has posted on this in 4 years!!  I love Disney and would love to work there. 
At MK... Splash Mountain
    AK    The Rapids
    Epcot  Test Track (the new one) and Soaring

disneygram
Cherry Tart

Postby Donna_Coughlin » Wed May 24, 2017 7:56 am

AK ExpeditionEverest
HS Love the Tower of Terror
EP Soarin
MK Haunted Mansion

The Tiki birds were my first attraction I saw as well but at the Magic Kingdom, I make my family watch they every time we go, my boys get so bored but it's a must do
​​​​​​

Donna_Coughlin
Cherry Blossom

Layouts: 87

Postby Deanna13 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:10 am

We were last there in 2015 and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was one of the newest and it was fun! 

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2039

Postby Donna_Coughlin » Wed May 24, 2017 10:38 am

Deanna13 wrote:We were last there in 2015 and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was one of the newest and it was fun! 

yeah it is fun, 

Donna_Coughlin
Cherry Blossom

Layouts: 87

Postby ratgirl » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Such a hard question to answer, and a lot has changed since this thread was started!

MK: Haunted Mansion and...wow, so hard to pic...maybe Philharmagic or The Enchanted Tiki Room (I hated that they messed with it, but it think they returned it to its regular show again.) But then there's the Pirates of the Caribbean...the Carousel...so many great rides and shows! I always have a special place in my heart for the "Wedway People Movers", too. So goofy!

Epcot: The ride inside Mexico is always fun, and Captain E.O. was hilarious.

Hollywood Studios: Easy: the Muppet Theater, followed by Phantasmic!

AK: Haven't been. I don't like to see animals in zoos. Makes me sad and why be sad on vacation, right? :)

ratgirl
Cherry Berry

Layouts: 46

Return to The Magic Kingdom

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat