Busy Busy summer

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Busy Busy summer

Postby Scrap Bug » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Whew!  I've had several busy months, but I think things will now start to wind down a little for me.  You would think that decreasing my hours at work and going to a 4 day work week would give me more time, but it just seemed that I got even busier.  Ha. I haven't been on here much for the past few months and didn't post the Disney challenge for July or August, but I should have it back in September.  

On May 1st I started my last college course for work, and boy did I regret that.  I was just so busy and couldn't get into it, but I'm not a quitter and wanted to finish up the course series.  It's totally voluntary, but work pays for it.  My boss and I have been doing it together from the start so we've been pushing each other along - so much easier when there's someone else, but boy we both were kind of kicking ourselves.  I am happy to say that on July 23rd - the start of my vacation, I was officially done.  I submitted my last final assignment the day before.  I got 100 on my final paper - woo-hoo! and ended the class with I believe a 98.  I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and overachiever when I start something, so that's why it can become a heavier burden - I put too much pressure on myself.  Ugh.  

Also in May, dh and I decided to start looking at RV's, so we spent a few weekends running all over the state to find a trailer that fit all our requirements.  We definitely do NOT live in an RV mecca, so had to go all over to find one.  We stuck to our guns and brought home a travel trailer that fit all our requirements - came from a town about 4 hours from us.  So, we've been busy making the trailer ours and of course taking it out on short weekend trips, etc.  It's gently used, and of course I had to go and decide to redecorate, and I really bit off more than I should have.  

In the midst of all that I was going out of town for work a lot, especially in June/July - I had to make several trips to Corpus and Victoria, but that is done for now.  

On July 23rd my vacation started and I'm happy to say that I had 17 days off!  Wa-hoo!  The sad part is that I am back now.  Waah.  LOL  We had already planned a road trip to Tennessee, and since we purchased the RV, we decided why not take that? so we did.  We left Monday the 24th and came back Sunday evening the 6th.  We had two 19 year olds with us - my daughter and her bff.  Let's just say I have spent a lot of time out of town these past few months.  We had a great time in Tennessee, I definitely want to go back - there is just so much that I wanted to see but didn't have the time to do it all.  I've already started to organize and sort things so that when I scrap this it will be easier.  I still have several years of other vacations to do though - ugh.  

Melissa

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 194

Re: Busy Busy summer

Postby CarrieG » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:42 pm

im tired just reading your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!  summer flew by for us.........ugh 
enjoy your new trailer and future adventures!

CarrieG
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 766

Postby average_kim » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:54 pm

Welcome back! I didn't do nearly as much as you, but feel like the summer flew by and I stayed busier than I wanted to most days! Have fun with your travel trailer!
Kim

average_kim
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 811

Postby lissahope26 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Goodness!  I'm tired just from reading your post.  
Congrats on your travel trailer and passing your course.
Melissa H.

lissahope26
Cherry Berry

Layouts: 329

Postby Monroe1218 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:39 am

Congrats on passing your course!  I'm sure the travel trailer will provide lots of fun trips!

What part of Tennessee did you visit?  I'm in northeast Tennessee near the Virginia border, about 90 minutes from Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.
Rebecca
Visit my blog at: www.reallifemoments.wordpress.com

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 18

Postby Shutterbug » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Wow Melissa, You have been biusy.  I am glad you finally found the RV that met your requirements.  And you have been able to do some traveling. You have been missed. Look forward to seeing your vacation Layouts.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 433

Postby blbabe1234 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Dang girl, you just wore me out! Summer has flown by for us. I've been busy with work, so has DH. He was in Cali for a week while I was home with the pups. That was a crazy week. And now I'm dealing with some medical issues. Fun, fun!

Congrats on passing your final with flying colors. You go girl!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2473

Postby Scrap Bug » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Monroe1218 wrote:Congrats on passing your course!  I'm sure the travel trailer will provide lots of fun trips!

What part of Tennessee did you visit?  I'm in northeast Tennessee near the Virginia border, about 90 minutes from Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

We spent time in Memphis, Nashville and Seveirville/Pigeon Forge.  I definitely want to go back.  
Melissa

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 194

Postby sdwhru » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:36 am

The trips sounds like lots of fun but exhausting, too!  Congrats on passing your class.
Becca

sdwhru
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 324

Return to General Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat