I'm back, busy week - and for Scully! - UPDATE

Moderator: ACOT Employee

I'm back, busy week - and for Scully! - UPDATE

Postby sherelm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:56 pm

She had a little "issue" this week. . . I took her to get her teeth cleaned last Wednesday, and they found a heart murmur.  Her kidney values were slightly high, and her liver enzymes were high.  So she's on a bitter pill for her heart, and hates it! but she's being good about it.  My sister is leaving for California to see the rest of my family for a few days and I'll have her dog, too, and we had things we had to get together for her to take with her.  And I baby sat another dog (my son's) on Saturday/Sunday while they were at a wedding.  All in all, I just couldn't pop on, but I'd like you all to wish Scully the best.  Everything else is small stuff.  (She's small, too, but she's got my heart!) 

Last edited by sherelm on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 468

Re: I'm back, busy week - and for Scully!

Postby 1scrappymom » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:03 pm

Oh I hope poor Scully feels better soon!!  It's been a rough few weeks for furbabies around here.  I think Brandy's baby was sick and this weekend we got home from vacation and my beagle was a terribly sick little girl.  We ended up at the Vet on Saturday and they gave her IV fluids, 2 shots and anti-biotics.  She's 11 so I really wasn't sure if we would be bring her home when we went in.  Luckily we did and she is enjoying her diet of chicken and rice.  Honestly, I think the spoiled brat just enjoys being catered to.  LOL  She has a pill to take as well.  Sometimes she does well taking it and other times, well...we have to do things my way.  But she's getting better and that is the important part!  Here's hoping Scully is on the mend.  It sounds like you've had a lot of furry visitors lately!  Welcome back!!  
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 338

Postby sherelm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:16 pm

1scrappymom wrote:Oh I hope poor Scully feels better soon!!  It's been a rough few weeks for furbabies around here.  I think Brandy's baby was sick and this weekend we got home from vacation and my beagle was a terribly sick little girl.  We ended up at the Vet on Saturday and they gave her IV fluids, 2 shots and anti-biotics.  She's 11 so I really wasn't sure if we would be bring her home when we went in.  Luckily we did and she is enjoying her diet of chicken and rice.  Honestly, I think the spoiled brat just enjoys being catered to.  LOL  She has a pill to take as well.  Sometimes she does well taking it and other times, well...we have to do things my way.  But she's getting better and that is the important part!  Here's hoping Scully is on the mend.  It sounds like you've had a lot of furry visitors lately!  Welcome back!!  

Oh no!!  The visitor this weekend was a beagle, too, for me!! I'm so glad that she's on the mend.  And yes, Scully is chasing cats, and attacking the "visitors" to mind their manners, and so she's fine.   

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Postby blbabe1234 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:25 pm

Awe..poor Scully! I hope she feels better soon. And good luck "baby sitting".

Where in California is your sister headed? My DH left Saturday afternoon for California. Drove from Corpus and made it to the hotel at 8:45pm Cali time (10:45pm here). He's in Ontario, San Bernadino County (southern). He's there for a week to help his dad move things out of storage and with small tasks around the house. My father in law is the type of person who wants to hire a professional to fix something as he has rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes and just cannot get around like he used to to do these things. He micro manages them and then because he spends all his time complaining about how stupid they are and how wrong they are at doing things....they just up and quit. So he has several unfinished projects that he wants his son to take care of. Oy! Good luck to him!

Safe travels to your sister and give li'l Scully hugs and kisses from her Auntie Brandy!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2491

Postby sherelm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:32 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:Awe..poor Scully! I hope she feels better soon. And good luck "baby sitting".

Where in California is your sister headed? My DH left Saturday afternoon for California. Drove from Corpus and made it to the hotel at 8:45pm Cali time (10:45pm here). He's in Ontario, San Bernadino County (southern). He's there for a week to help his dad move things out of storage and with small tasks around the house. My father in law is the type of person who wants to hire a professional to fix something as he has rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes and just cannot get around like he used to to do these things. He micro manages them and then because he spends all his time complaining about how stupid they are and how wrong they are at doing things....they just up and quit. So he has several unfinished projects that he wants his son to take care of. Oy! Good luck to him!

Safe travels to your sister and give li'l Scully hugs and kisses from her Auntie Brandy!

Scully is doing wonderful for a dog that is NOT having issues, let alone one that is!! She's good, just scaring me.  . . .
My sister is headed to Torrance (one of the beach towns up by Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach. . . )  my brother works across the street from LAX at Boeing Aerospace.  She's only going for 7 days, but she wants to come back to enjoy her pool.  I'm more than happy to stay home and baby sit the furbabies, and she needs a break after taking care of me for all those months!  Sue (my sister) will of course be flying from PA, but she found out she had enough points to go for free 1st class!  She is excited!!

Your husband must be a gem!!  And my dad was like that too, only he only told them how to do things, and then they did it their way.  My dad was one for showing the "MacGyver" way we would call it, making do with what was on hand.  He was good at that.  But the workers would ignore him and he'd give up.  He was really soft spoken.  And he didn't want to end up doing it.  Safe travels for your DH, too!

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Postby pawprints » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:13 pm

I hope Scully feels better and everything is ok! Many ((hugs)) Sher. They do scare us. My Twinkie was into the vet over the weekend. She just kept sneezing over and over and over. And she looked like she just didn't feel well. I brought her in and her temp was normal and everything sounded good. Blood tests were ok too. Right now she is on an antibiotic and Claritin to see if that helps clear it up. If not, or if it does and then it comes back when the meds stop, then she'll have to go in and be sedated for X-rays to see if something is lodged in her nose or behind her larynx. So far she is definitely feeling better and sneezing a lot less, but still there is a sneeze episode going on here and there. But definitely better than it was.

pawprints
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 569

Postby scrappinmom99 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:14 pm

(((SCULLY))))  Hope she'll be okay very soon!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 542

Postby suewho372 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:23 pm

Poor little thing. She is so tiny ! I hate her feeling badly. I'm glad she is taking her medicine !!! 
And hopefully that does the trick. Isn't it something how fast they can get sick and (sometimes) how fast they bounce back!  What do they say about the kidney and liver stuff?? 
So do you actually get to stay home and take care of your sisters dog and your babies??  Or do you still have to pop in to work? 
I hope all goes well! You are having lots of furry company !
Susan

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 598

Postby average_kim » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:34 pm

Well wishes for Svully, and for you! Safe travels for your sister as well!
Kim

average_kim
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 813

Postby JillinIN » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:25 pm

Awww. That's so sweet, "She's small too, but she's got my heart." I love that!
Wishing the best for sweet Scully and for you.
Jill

JillinIN
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 257

Postby emmapaige » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:13 am

Awww...I hope Sully is feeling better very soon. What a good sister and mom you are for taking such good care of their furry loved ones.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 671

Postby clintb » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:48 am

sherelm wrote:She had a little "issue" this week. . . I took her to get her teeth cleaned last Wednesday, and they found a heart murmur.  Her kidney values were slightly high, and her liver enzymes were high.  So she's on a bitter pill for her heart, and hates it! but she's being good about it.  My sister is leaving for California to see the rest of my family for a few days and I'll have her dog, too, and we had things we had to get together for her to take with her.  And I baby sat another dog (my son's) on Saturday/Sunday while they were at a wedding.  All in all, I just couldn't pop on, but I'd like you all to wish Scully the best.  Everything else is small stuff.  (She's small, too, but she's got my heart!) 

Awe!  I know she'll be ok!  She has a really wonderful mom taking great care of her!
Clint Bremer - Warehouse Manager

clintb
ACOT Employee

Layouts: 108

Postby sherelm » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:55 am

suewho372 wrote:Poor little thing. She is so tiny ! I hate her feeling badly. I'm glad she is taking her medicine !!! 
And hopefully that does the trick. Isn't it something how fast they can get sick and (sometimes) how fast they bounce back!  What do they say about the kidney and liver stuff?? 
So do you actually get to stay home and take care of your sisters dog and your babies??  Or do you still have to pop in to work? 
I hope all goes well! You are having lots of furry company !

I still have to go to work Wed, Thurs, and Mon, Tues.  I have Friday off at least!!  

As for the kidney/liver stuff, they said they are hoping the meds for the heart ease the strain on the kidneys and liver.  I hope so too!! 

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Postby sherelm » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:58 am

cbremer80 wrote:
sherelm wrote:She had a little "issue" this week. . . I took her to get her teeth cleaned last Wednesday, and they found a heart murmur.  Her kidney values were slightly high, and her liver enzymes were high.  So she's on a bitter pill for her heart, and hates it! but she's being good about it.  My sister is leaving for California to see the rest of my family for a few days and I'll have her dog, too, and we had things we had to get together for her to take with her.  And I baby sat another dog (my son's) on Saturday/Sunday while they were at a wedding.  All in all, I just couldn't pop on, but I'd like you all to wish Scully the best.  Everything else is small stuff.  (She's small, too, but she's got my heart!) 

Awe!  I know she'll be ok!  She has a really wonderful mom taking great care of her!

Thanks Clint!  I was standing there ready to cry, but when they said they could still do the dental, I knew we weren't in real trouble yet.  And as for giving her the medicine?  I cram it down her throat, she doesn't get a choice to swallow it or not.  I told the vet's wife that if I put it into something, she never will touch it again, like a ball of cheese, a piece of pizza dough (her favorite).  So it's simpler for me to put it on the back of her tongue, and tell her she's a good girl. 

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Postby Shutterbug » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:28 am

Sending hugs to you and Scully.  Praying she is doing well.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 436

Postby sherelm » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:08 pm

Yesterday - A DOPE (or a team of idiots) came to my house for maintenance.  I have NO idea what they did to her, but I was fuming, she was so upset last night when I got home, her jaw was quivering and she had too huge accidents in my living room where she absolutely NEVER goes!!!!!  And they left me a note - "Checked both sinks in the bathroom, no leaks".  HOLY CRAP!!! I was on that phone faster than a speeding bullet.  I told them MY CEILING WAS LEAKING AND THE WOMAN UPSTAIRS TOLD ME SHE HAD A LAUNDRY ROOM FULL OF WATER!!!  It has nothing to do with MY sinks, I was getting drips on my face if I stood at the one sink!  Stupid and evil.  I told the manager that they are on notice.  Next time I go to Triple Crown Corporation (the owner of the building) and bypass all the supervisors.  And if any of my cats/dog gets out - GOD HELP THEM.  You will all read about me in the paper!!

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Re: I'm back, busy week - and for Scully! - UPDATE

Postby sdwhru » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Hope lil Scully feels better.  My doxie takes things easy but the dagle (dach/beagle mix) not so much.  When they feel bad, you feel bad.  Give Scully lots of cuddles
Becca

sdwhru
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 324

Postby karensay » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:13 pm

I hope Scully has calmed down.  Strangers in the house is not fun.

Hope the meds are working too!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 171

Postby suewho372 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:48 pm

Oh my goodness!!! I would be mad too- at the stupidity and for upsetting Scully !!! Grrrr 
I hope she is better today and that the idiots stay out
Susan

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 598

Postby 1scrappymom » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Oh gosh Sher...that's awful!  good for you for putting them on notice.  What idiots!
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 338

Next

Return to General Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat