FREE SHIPPING* on orders over $69!
FREE SHIPPING* on orders over $69!
Hi there!
Login | Create an Account

school starting??

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Re: school starting??

Postby 1scrappymom » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:29 am

Sandi0805 wrote:My grandkids went back the 26th of July.   But, they get two weeks off for fall, Christmas and Spring breaks.   I love their schedule since it makes planning vacations easier with the extended times. 

Some of the schools around us do that.  They technically call them "all year" schools, but they still get 2 months off in the summer.  I wish we would go to that, but as my baby is a 10th grader this year...I doubt we will see it while it affects us.  
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 425

Postby Scrap Bug » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:37 pm

I have to say I think it's ridiculous starting so early right in the midst of summer.  Starting in August was hard for us to get used to when we moved here - had always been the day after labor day in OR.  Here in S. TX, the kids can't start before the last full week in August, so I believe they'll start on the 21st - a little earlier than usual the way the weeks line up.  

My kids are in college and I believe they start classes Aug. 22nd, depending on what day their first class starts.
Melissa

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 231

Postby CarrieG » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:41 pm

ScrappyBug wrote:I have to say I think it's ridiculous starting so early right in the midst of summer.  Starting in August was hard for us to get used to when we moved here - had always been the day after labor day in OR.  Here in S. TX, the kids can't start before the last full week in August, so I believe they'll start on the 21st - a little earlier than usual the way the weeks line up.  

My kids are in college and I believe they start classes Aug. 22nd, depending on what day their first class starts.

I always thought they should get out end of june and start end of sept in Oregon...that way they actually get some summer...haha

CarrieG
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 907

Postby KrazSparkle » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:05 pm

My son starts on the 24th and my step-daughter is cyber schooled and she starts on the 9th of Sept. I feel like it comes quicker each year
(Kristi) When life gives you scraps, make something with them.  ~Author Unknown

KrazSparkle
Cherry Picker

Layouts: 217

Postby Monroe1218 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:42 am

My nephew started school this past Monday (August 7) - they get out the middle of May, provided that they don't use more than the allotted inclement weather days that are built in.
Rebecca

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 18

Postby Deanna13 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Some of our grandkids are starting the 16th and some on the 17th. It's been such a crazy, busy Summer and lots of fun with the grandkids. But, I'm ready to get back to my normal daily routine.

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2492

Postby Art_Teacher » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:27 pm

I start Monday and kids come Wednesday.  It is the middle of August and too stinkin' early!  I swear we keep inching it sooner and sooner, and we get out the end of the third week of May.  It is stupid because it isn't hot in May in Ohio and the end of August is boiling, usually!
Laura

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 1575

Postby clintb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:41 am

Wow, in St. Charles, MI they don't start till Tuesday Sept 5th.  The last day of school is June 14, however.
Clint Bremer - Warehouse Manager

clintb
ACOT Employee

Layouts: 108

Postby sherelm » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:47 pm

The 28th.   I say two more weeks of litter all over the lawns and the return of school buses to drive behind.  AND, speaking of school buses, when I saw the bus, I'd run to get to it, these kids today act like they are entitled to take their time, hold up traffic longer, etc..... I could go out and smash them and their phones. 

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 531

Postby MacSarah » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 pm

suewho372 wrote:
MacSarah wrote: Officially, my 7th grader starts on August 23rd.  Because her Middle School is new, the kids *can* go on the 21st. She is playing hooky from that though, we are going to chase the solar eclipse that day!

we are pretty close in the path of the eclipse- I'm in the "boot heel" of Missouri. our work is shutting down and bought the special glasses so we can all watch as it goes past. That is pretty cool!  Where are you guys going???

After weighing all our options we are going to the KC Zoo.  I will have 5 kids ranging in age from 2 to 6, so I wanted to avoid crowds for the most part.  The zoo expects some interesting behavior from the animals during the eclipse.  I actually live in Peculiar, about 30 miles south of KC.

~Sarah~

MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 271

Previous

Return to General Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat