Save 15% off the REGULAR price of all products + HALF OFF Shipping. Click here to find out more

Jackson's vet visit from Friday

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jackson's vet visit from Friday

Postby blbabe1234 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:44 pm

Things have changed since his first vet visit a year ago. It took me 20 minutes to get him into his carrier. He was NOT a happy kitty and he screamed the entire time on the way to the vet on top of peeing in his carrier (I think he was scared ). He also didn't want to leave his carrier when it was time for his exam. But he did great, despite not wanting to be there. His fecal/heartworm tests came back negative, and his temp was normal. He got his rabies shot and his exam went well too. Just look at this little guy:

He was definitely mad at momma! To make matters worse, the vet got called into emergency surgery and there were complications, so his "exam" got put on hold by 3 hrs. So I had to leave them there.  But he checked out fine and he's very healthy at 10 lbs and 8 oz!

He didn't want nothin' to do with me for several hours, but fell asleep next to me like this Friday night:
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2517

Re: Jackson's vet visit from Friday

Postby emmapaige » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:48 pm

I think he'll do anything for a photo shoot!! LOL!!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 707

Postby sherelm » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 pm

Mine yells in the crate, remember, I have to catch two of them. And if I don't grab them together the jig is up. But they are usually so glad to be home they don't hold grudges at me. 

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 478

Postby blbabe1234 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:40 pm

sherelm wrote:Mine yells in the crate, remember, I have to catch two of them. And if I don't grab them together the jig is up. But they are usually so glad to be home they don't hold grudges at me. 

He's young, so I'm sure he'll get better with age.
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Postby sdwhru » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:41 pm

That first picture tho - cracks me up!
Becca

sdwhru
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 324

Postby Scrap Bug » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:52 am

Poor guy.

Axel has only been once with me, a couple of days after I got him to make sure everything was healthy.  He did great, he's a chill guy - but he did not want to come out of his cage.  I will be taking him in the next week or so to get neutered, so he is NOT going to be happy about that I'm sure.  Jazzy my Persian is a dream when it comes to going to the vet.  I can just leave her on the table and she'll stay there and purr and purr and is just as sweet as can be with everyone.
Melissa

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 201

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:22 pm

ScrappyBug wrote:Poor guy.

Axel has only been once with me, a couple of days after I got him to make sure everything was healthy.  He did great, he's a chill guy - but he did not want to come out of his cage.  I will be taking him in the next week or so to get neutered, so he is NOT going to be happy about that I'm sure.  Jazzy my Persian is a dream when it comes to going to the vet.  I can just leave her on the table and she'll stay there and purr and purr and is just as sweet as can be with everyone.

Jackson was like Axel his first time and he did pretty good when we got him neutered a month after that. But he hasn't been to the vet since.

Your Jazzy reminds me of a kitty I had growing up. You can basically do anything with her and she was like "okay..whatever". Vet, baths, car rides. Whatever it was, she didn't mind. She passed away 7 yrs ago at the age of 18 1/2 yrs old. She was my favorite! 
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Return to General Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat