Give the perfect gift! Gift Cards and instant e-Gift cards From ACherryOnTop.com. Click for details

Been missing for a bit - but I have been thinking of you

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Been missing for a bit - but I have been thinking of you

Postby shoorn » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:48 pm

I have been MIA for as while - I've checked in once in a while and dropped a few things off but haven't really spent a lot of time on the boards...or scraping for that matter. I don't know - October was just too busy with volunteering at the CARE center for the month. I did manage to get a few pages done and some Halloween cards. This month is shaping up about the same.

We left Livingston on the 6th - after getting a new awning installed on the RV due to the tearing of the old one from the wind storm. We were able to stay in a volunteer site until then (this was after we had to move from the previous one because the owners were coming back early). It all worked out okay but I had to pack up all my scrapping stuff up on the 28th and didn't feel like getting it all out again for a few days. After getting to the next stop I promptly came down with a terrible cold. I laid around for 4 days and thought I was getting over it so we spent 2 days running around getting things done. I also had to get some Thanksgiving cards done. I am happy I have some that I made last year that I could use too.  Unfortunately I had a relapse and after another a day of rest we had to be on the road again. DH drives the truck and 5th wheel while I follow behind with the car and my scrapping supplies. It wasn't a long drive yesterday (little under 200 miles) but due to traffic and construction it was stressful and took us longer than we anticipated. 

Went to bed early last night and feel somewhat better today - at least I felt like cooking. Took a walk around the park to check it out. We are in Stonewall Texas - not far from Fredericksburg - on Hwy 290 where there are many wineries. We have tickets for a wine tour at the beginning of December. There is a great rec hall where I will be able to bring my scrapbooking stuff and work.  I met a quilter there today and she says that I can even leave some of my stuff there and not cart it back and forth- though this next week it has to be removed before Thursday because they are having a potluck Thanksgiving. The park supplies the turkey and ham and everyone brings something. I think we will go - I'll pick up some pies to bring as I don't know how I will feel about making something. 

Anyway just catching everyone up. I haven't had time to leave love - though I have seen great work. I will be back more often sometime this month.
Hi everyone!       My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

shoorn
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 972

Re: Been missing for a bit - but I have been thinking of you

Postby Deanna13 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:50 pm

It's good hearing from you, Susan but I'm so sorry you've been sick!! Sounds like you're living the RV life and you've found a place to do your scrapping. Just take care of yourself. Hugs!

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2150

Postby average_kim » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:13 am

Hi Susan! Hope your 100% soon! And wow, it would be great to have a big space to spread your scrappy stuff out! Have fun with that!
Kim

average_kim
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 815

Postby karensay » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Hi Susan, glad you dropped in to let us know how you are doing.  Sounds like RV life has it's ups and downs.

Take care of your health!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 178

Postby blbabe1234 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:09 pm

So sorry you've been sick Susan. Get to feeling better!

BTW, you guys will LOVE Fredericksburg! Those wineries are amazing. Make sure Chisolm Trail Winery is on your list!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2524

Postby Shutterbug » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:06 am

Great to hear from you. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 450

Postby pawprints » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:19 am

So good to hear from you! Sorry you've been sick but hope you get to feeling better very soon! Glad you will have place to scrap!

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 579

Postby shoorn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Still under the weather - maybe at 70%. We have to do some shopping today as we are down on food. We will be going to the Thanksgiving dinner offered at the park - they supply the turkey and ham and people bring side dishes. I am not up to cooking but am going to bring some coleslaw and an apple pie from from the store. 

After Thanksgiving I will bring some of my stuff up to the rec hall. I will have an 8 foot table to use - actually there are a bunch of tables there to use. First I will have to sort some of my stash and get pictures and papers ready. 

Thanks for checking in with me! 

shoorn
Sweet Cherry Pie

Postby shoorn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:15 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:So sorry you've been sick Susan. Get to feeling better!

BTW, you guys will LOVE Fredericksburg! Those wineries are amazing. Make sure Chisolm Trail Winery is on your list!

Brandy - we are looking forward to going to wine tastings. There is a Dec wine tasting special that we bought tickets for - Dec 1 -17th we can go to the wineries on their line (think there are 42 listed) for tastings with our ticket and not have to pay any other fees. Will check out Chisolm Trail and see if it is on the list. 

shoorn
Sweet Cherry Pie

Postby Retiree3 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 am

Good to hear from you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

Retiree3
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 2969

Return to General Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat