Snow...in Corpus Christi, TX...??

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Snow...in Corpus Christi, TX...??

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:58 am

Yes..its true. Snow reached this far south. It happend 13 yrs ago on Dec 24/25, but I was in California with DH's family for Christmas. And the time before that? Feb.....1957

Funny how it wasn't forecasted on Monday...and it was possible but not confident by Wednesday. But it was REAL when the weatherman was reporting it LIVE last night! LOL. That's how much HE believed! Hahaha!

Anyways...it actually started at 3am, but we were all snug in our beds. But by 7am, it was blanketed all over the place.

The babies sure did love it! Shelby spent a few minutes trying to find her tennis ball!

Penny...not so much.

It will definetly make some fun scrappy layouts and its all over Facebook! But you've gotta remember ya'll....down here...we are accustomed to being in shorts and flip flops with sunny skies and 85 degree temps right now, with the occasional front/wind shift bringing the temps down to the upper 60s. So this sight right here...is a Freak of Nature.  We've managed to have Summer and Winter in the same week! LOL
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2651

Re: Snow...in Corpus Christi, TX...??

Postby sdwhru » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:58 am

I love it!  We get snow so rarely here anymore I want some so I can just stay home where it's warm   Glad your babies enjoyed - most of mine like it - except for the weiner dog LOL

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 332

Postby shoorn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:06 pm

We got some snow last night here in Stonewall, TX - outside of Fredericksburg in the Hill Country. Our temps went down below freezing - this morning it was 26 degrees!!! It has since warmed up to 33. LOL Took a few pics but haven't gotten them off the phone yet. 
Hi everyone!       My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

shoorn
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 1104

Postby pawprints » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:22 pm

What an awesome sight to see Brandy. So cute how your babies were playing in it. What a treat for them! My girls love snow and we are expecting 3 to 5 tomorrow!

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 621

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:42 pm

sdwhru wrote:I love it!  We get snow so rarely here anymore I want some so I can just stay home where it's warm   Glad your babies enjoyed - most of mine like it - except for the weiner dog LOL

LOL....I was thinking about Jeffrey this morning. He was my "low rider". NOt sure how he would have reacted.
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:43 pm

shoorn wrote:We got some snow last night here in Stonewall, TX - outside of Fredericksburg in the Hill Country. Our temps went down below freezing - this morning it was 26 degrees!!! It has since warmed up to 33. LOL Took a few pics but haven't gotten them off the phone yet. 

Ya'll got the snow before we did!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:45 pm

pawprints wrote:What an awesome sight to see Brandy. So cute how your babies were playing in it. What a treat for them! My girls love snow and we are expecting 3 to 5 tomorrow!

I LOVED seeing the babies play in it! Its the most exciting part!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Postby emmapaige » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:48 pm

WOW - how cool that you have all those sweet photos to scrap!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 875

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:59 pm

emmapaige wrote:WOW - how cool that you have all those sweet photos to scrap!

We were very skeptical, until we went outside. LOL! Now I need to check my stash for snow scrappy stuff!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Postby Charleneanne » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Yep that is the way it is when it snows around here too.   I am 72 and I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times it has snowed in this area in my lifetime.  lol
But of course just up the highway about 40-50 miles, you are in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas and they get yearly snow.  So if we want it, just an hour or so drive away.  
Enjoy and drive carefully.  Tricky stuff top drive in. 
Charleneanne

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 1220

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Charleneanne wrote:Yep that is the way it is when it snows around here too.   I am 72 and I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times it has snowed in this area in my lifetime.  lol
But of course just up the highway about 40-50 miles, you are in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas and they get yearly snow.  So if we want it, just an hour or so drive away.  
Enjoy and drive carefully.  Tricky stuff top drive in. 

My in laws are about 50 miles away from Big Bear.
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Postby Deanna13 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:31 pm

How FUN! You've had more than we've had this Winter! Only a very few flurries yesterday.

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2448

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Deanna13 wrote:How FUN! You've had more than we've had this Winter! Only a very few flurries yesterday.

LOL! That's funny!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Postby lissahope26 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:32 pm

I cannot believe how much is snowed this morning non stop!  My kids went out for a bit but came back in soaking wet.  Our little dog is having none of that.  He’s from New Orleans originally .  
Melissa H.

lissahope26
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 565

Postby emarie803 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:42 pm

I was hoping we'd get some up here, but only cold temps (it was 23 this morning when I left for work). Monkey wants to make snowballs so bad and mommy wants all the snowy fun pictures to scrap lol

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 689

Postby sherelm » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:05 pm

You just keep your snow down there - we'll have too much soon enough!!  Can't wait to see what Dolly thinks of snow the first time!!  Actually Philadelphia is to get 3-4 inches tomorrow (watch the Army/Navy game they said)  but we aren't to get more than a dusting (I'm northwest to Philly).  And that's more than fine for me!!

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 517

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:41 pm

lissahope26 wrote:I cannot believe how much is snowed this morning non stop!  My kids went out for a bit but came back in soaking wet.  Our little dog is having none of that.  He’s from New Orleans originally .  

That's funny about your doggie!

Yeah...I'm surprised to see how much snow was blanketing the south. Its a first for alot of us
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:43 pm

emarie803 wrote:I was hoping we'd get some up here, but only cold temps (it was 23 this morning when I left for work). Monkey wants to make snowballs so bad and mommy wants all the snowy fun pictures to scrap lol

Where in WEST Texas do you live again? I thought El Paso got some and that's as far west as you can get!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:02 pm

sherelm wrote:You just keep your snow down there - we'll have too much soon enough!!  Can't wait to see what Dolly thinks of snow the first time!!  Actually Philadelphia is to get 3-4 inches tomorrow (watch the Army/Navy game they said)  but we aren't to get more than a dusting (I'm northwest to Philly).  And that's more than fine for me!!

Haha! This far south...this is it for the next decade and a half at least!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Postby scrappinmom99 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:01 pm

That is crazy! Have fun scrapping those pictures! I know you will! The babies look adorable discovering the snow!! We are supposed to get snow tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Layouts: 651

Next

Return to General Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat