Do you remember me?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Do you remember me?

Postby sherelm » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:02 am

2017 went and I kissed it goodbye.  While I didn't have as awful a year as some of you cherries, mine was more like one thing after another that never stopped. 

In fact, I'm sitting here typing with my butt hurting like "H".  Dolly was on leash on my one arm, my sister's dog Abby was on the other.  They both turned to see a really little Yorkie walking and as they did pulled me backwards into a clump of snow packed with ice.  I hurt my tailbone (coccyx) really bad, and it's not getting better yet.  I'm impatient.  This, after I face planted on Christmas night, as Dolly yanked off my wrist dragging her leash and running away from me.  She rounded the corner to the front of my house, but I couldn't keep up when my foot hit an uneven sidewalk and it took me down.  I was so worried over the puppy that I scrambled up and ran, bleeding thru my jeans, and all over my coat (which of course! was white) When I got to the front porch, there sat Dolly looking at me with her big eyes, and she pawed at my door - I guess she was cold.  When I got inside - after retrieving my bag and presents from the sidewalk - I had skinned both palms, my chin, but my right knee was bruised, bleeding and ended up black and blue and purple and all other shades of green and yellow - festive, huh? - from mid shin up to my thigh.  REALLY banged up.  Now is any of this stuff fractured?  I chose not to find out.  I just knew nothing would be done for my coccyx, and as for the knee, it seems to get better daily.  So I'm back.

Off to check off the challenges, but I'll be participating in everything minimally for a bit - I'm packing up my house - my new extension to my sister's house is now completed - so I an move over the next few weeks.  I have about ten weeks to be totally out.  After I'm moved?  I will also be retired!!!!!!!  No more work!!!!  Loving that thought! So I'm shooting for the week after Easter for everything to be done, work - move - back to my life!!   So I'll pop on and off as I can, but I'm fine, just rolling towards the finale!  Unless Dolly puts me in traction. 

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 517

Re: Do you remember me?

Postby keatonsgtgram » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:12 am

Of course I remember you, Sharon. Welcome back! I also had a year like yours with one catastrophe after the other. I'm glad we are into 2018 and hoping we both have a more productive and less stressful New Year. It's so nice to see you again. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your projects and spending some time together just relaxing.

keatonsgtgram
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 583

Postby joannie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:20 am

Oh Sher! Hope your derriere feels better very soon!  I can't imagine trying to pack up and move when you're in so much pain. I hope you have lots of help with the packing and moving! Does your sister live near you? 

joannie
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 1211

Postby mgehrke » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:22 am

Oh Sher!!!! I have missed you so much. I'm so sorry to hear of all your injuries. I'm hoping that you heal quickly. Moving??? Retiring??? How awesome for you. I can't wait to "see" you more on the boards. I too was gone all of 2017 and it so feels good to be back.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 53, 31 and 25) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn.

mgehrke
Wild Cherry

Layouts: 1251

Postby blbabe1234 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:02 pm

OMGoodness Sher! That's alot of pain to be in. Hope you can take some time to heal while you pack up. Take care of yourself.
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2651

Postby SherrieLynne » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:24 pm

Oh No Sher!!! Doesn't sound like you had a Good Christmas and New Year with all those injuries. Praying that 2018 will be so much better. Thinking of You!!! (((((HUGS)))))

SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia

Layouts: 552

Postby average_kim » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:34 pm

OH Sher!  Hope you heal up soon, and that little Dolly takes it easy on you!  Good luck with the move!  That does sound exciting!
Kim

average_kim
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 835

Postby Monroe1218 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Of course I remember you Sher!  I hate to hear that you've had so many troubles lately!  Hopefully, 2018 will usher in better things for you!  Little Dolly sounds like she is a handful!! 
Rebecca

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 18

Postby Berta R. » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Oh Sher, I've had a broken tailbone and can totally relate...so sorry!    But it sounds like you are just hurting all over.  Hope you heal quickly and that your move goes smoothly.  Retirement...YAY!  I sure am enjoying mine.  Hope you will too.  Take care of yourself and hope to see you around a lot when all the moving is done.
***Berta***

Berta R.
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 443

Postby traveler » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:15 pm

Congrats on the retirement! sounds like everything is getting better
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 187

Postby emmapaige » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:19 pm

You have definitely been missed!  You sound like you are trying to follow in my footsteps (good and bad).  I had a major fall in January 2015 and then retired in December 2016.   Now it is 2018 and I'm as happy as can be.......I wish you equal happiness, my friend!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 875

Postby sherelm » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:41 pm

joannie wrote:Oh Sher! Hope your derriere feels better very soon!  I can't imagine trying to pack up and move when you're in so much pain. I hope you have lots of help with the packing and moving! Does your sister live near you? 

Yep, she's only about ten/fifteen minutes up the highway. So it's not a distant move, but a move all the same.  I hire movers.  It's so worth the money they charge!! 

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Postby sherelm » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Thanks for all the well wishes, I'm not really injured badly, just hurting a lot!  Ya know???  Anyway, I'm going to try and be more involved again.

And for all those of you who think Dolly is a handful - she REALLY is, and she's just what I needed to get over Scully.  She is so cuddly, but busy at the same time!  Love her to death. And she loves my sister's dog, as well as the two kitties.  In fact my one cat "Clarkie" who never moves or goes anywhere - has to hunt Dolly down and stay near by - he really likes this dog, and no other dog before Dolly.  He tolerated them, but really does like Dolly.  So all things are looking up - I just have to get 12 weeks in, and I'll be fine. 

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Postby shoorn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:23 pm

So sorry to hear about all your injuries. Praying for a quick and complete healing from all your bumps and bruises. Not much you can do for the tailbone. You might want to get a 'doughnut' pillow to sit on for comfort while it heals. Great to have a deadline to shoot for and then RETIREMENT!  Yippee!!!
Hi everyone!       My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

shoorn
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 1107

Postby Scrap Bug » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm sorry about all the pain and health stuff you've had to go through - also your tough year.  I had a shi**y year myself, but there is always someone else having a much worse one and I remind myself of that.

Congrats on your new move and your retirement!
Melissa

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 231

Postby Yankeegirl » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Glad to see you pop back in, Sharon!  I think many of us do that from time to time when life gets in the way of crafting!  Sorry to hear that your 2017 was not so hot, but retirement will bring you the time you need to care for yourself, relax, and do some fun things just for you!  Hope you can get back here when you are able!
"Some days I amaze myself.
Other days, I look for my phone while I'm holding it."

Kathy

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 867

Postby killarney_rose » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:23 am

Oh.....Sher.....As I was reading I was thinking about your knee 3-4 years ago. 

What happened to DFW  or Austin area move?  Hehe our county has already pre-treated for ice this afternoon along the State Highways.  And I'm wondering how I get to town on Tuesday night for Storm Spotter Training which is mandatory. for our county spotters.  Care to get on your magic carpet and take me my friend.

Here is to your healing up quickly and ya'll quit having such an ugly winter. 

CONGRATS on your retirement!!!!

One last thing.....thank you again for introducing me to PA Farm Fair!  Larry happened to say, "What's Farm Fair?  I cannot find the National Western.'  He got kind of put out with me.  Sweetie, Farm Fair is the first show of the 2018 show season in Pennsylvania.  It's a major regional show like the American Royal in Kansas City."  'Oh......he says.'  Sweetheart look up NWSS.  I'm so thankful he is off the BOD and we get to watch the NWSS from a very long distance.  And I don't have to be at HLSR for the first time in 12 years!!!!  YAY!

OK!!!!!  I was really scatter brain all over the place!!!  I am ready to come north this summer!
http://texassantagertrudis.blogspot.com

Alum Design Team

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 356

Postby 1scrappymom » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 am

Sher we are going to have to wrap you in bubblewrap...or put breaks on Dolly!!  I'm so sorry you are so banged up.  I hope the healing continues.  I fractured my tailbone once...it makes sitting and well...many things...an adventure.  Good luck with your move and retirement!!!  Here's to a much better 2018!!
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 415

Postby pawprints » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Omg Sher of course I remember you!!! I've missed you!  I am so sorry you had those falls and are hurting. Hope you heal up soon, although I know from experience the tail bone takes quite some time to feel better. How cool that you will be moving in at your sister's, and omg yay for retirement for you! Hope to see you back here a lot after all of that!

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 621

Postby JillinIN » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Oh Sher, I'm glad you're recovering. I hope your tailbone feels better soon.
Jill

JillinIN
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 302

Next

Return to General Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat