I got one!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

I got one!

Postby Flasher » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:24 am

Cedar Point has a history of holding "First Rider" benefits when the open a new or revamp an older roller coaster. I always attend them.  It's generally $75 to spend an evening riding the coaster as many times as you can, get free food, and souvenirs. What's even better is the tickets are limited to 750.  It's not like a traditional crowded amusement park at all.  And, that coaster is the only ride open.   Plus the money goes to charity.  There are also tickets for $250 to be on the first train open to the pubic.  I have never been on any of the First Trains for openings.  Depending on the coaster, there are between 24 and 36 of these tickets.  Over a year ago when CP announced Steel Vengeance, I put a little envelope in my desk drawer and started putting extra dollar bills in it to save for myself.  I was determined to treat myself. 

I sat at my computer for nearly 14 hours hitting the refresh button waiting for the tickets to go on sale yesterday.  When they did I clicked, paid, and GOT ONE OF THE FIRST TRAIN SEATS!!!!!  I was, and still am, beyond giddy!  By The time I have check my email for confirmation from CP and PayPal, which couldn't have been more than 90 seconds, the First Train Tickets were sold out!  I must have had my lucky pants on yesterday!  I also got a regular ticket.  Mike can have that one.   I'll keep the Grand Daddy of all tickets for myself!!!

I am so excited.  I've got a little more than a month to wait and have to really concentrate on rustling up some "no rain" vibes.  The end of April here along the lake can still be pretty cold, but I don't care about cold.  I can handle that.  But, if there's too much rain, the coaster will not run and I miss out.  Like I mentioned before, the money goes to charity, so the loss of that is a non issue for me.  I just need to be on that coaster!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/ ... er-benefit

Anyone want to make the trip?  There are still some general tickets available!

When you get angry take a breath and count to ten.  Throw a punch when you get to eight.  Nobody expects that. 

Flasher
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 241

Re: I got one!

Postby karensay » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:28 am

I love old roller coasters!  Congrats on the ticket!!!!!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 198

Postby beachlover » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:30 am

OMG, that is so exciting!  I loved Cedar Point as a kid!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!

view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Layouts: 1026

Postby 1scrappymom » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:37 am

That is AWESOME!!!  I would love to go, but April is super busy for us as my daughter is graduating the first weekend in May. I'd love to catch up with you later in the season though!  We're about 3 hours from Cedar Point!
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 406

Postby Flasher » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:54 am

1scrappymom wrote:That is AWESOME!!!  I would love to go, but April is super busy for us as my daughter is graduating the first weekend in May. I'd love to catch up with you later in the season though!  We're about 3 hours from Cedar Point!

Just let me know if you ever wander over here.  I'm there all summer.   
When you get angry take a breath and count to ten.  Throw a punch when you get to eight.  Nobody expects that. 

Flasher
Cherry Addict

Postby Monroe1218 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:01 am

How fun!  I am definitely not a ride person, but love going to see the sights and all the other fun that amusement parks can offer!  Can't wait to see the scrapbook pages you make for this awesome opportunity!!
Rebecca
Visit my blog at: www.reallifemoments.wordpress.com

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 18

Postby Deanna13 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:05 am

WOW! That's awesome, Laura!! Congrats!!

Haven't been to Cedar Point for many years, but we used to go each Summer. I LOVE coasters!!

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2359

Postby emarie803 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:20 am

Congrats!! That's awesome! I went to CP years ago (as in about 20...damn I feel old...) and LOVED it! Enjoy this extra special treat! I will try to do some no rain dances for you

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 689

Postby 1scrappymom » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:23 am

Laura wrote:
1scrappymom wrote:That is AWESOME!!!  I would love to go, but April is super busy for us as my daughter is graduating the first weekend in May. I'd love to catch up with you later in the season though!  We're about 3 hours from Cedar Point!

Just let me know if you ever wander over here.  I'm there all summer.   

Will do. We have season passes to Six Flags, so we typically go the other way, but I also have discount tickets to Cedar Point so I really want to use those some time during the season. 
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 406

Postby oceanbreezes423 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:27 am

I LOVE Cedar Point!!!!!! Have been there many times! That is so cool for you, can not wait to hear all about it! And I will hope for a sunny day!
Susan

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 1394

Postby DN in MN » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:54 am

Congrats and you deserve the fun!

2018 Goal ~ 16/50 layouts

DN in MN
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 77

Postby sdwhru » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:24 pm

That is too cool!  I love roller coaster; I would totally come but Ohio is a little ways away from Oklahoma.  Enjoy it so much!!
Becca

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 325

Postby scrappinmom99 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:05 pm

OMG how fun! ENJOY IT!!! And oh the scrappy possibilities LOL! I am not a roller-coaster type of gal --- I feel very brave getting on a Ferris wheel lol. DS talked me into a roller coaster at Coney Island and we were in a car with a 5yo girl who was all very "meh" and "what's the big deal" meanwhile we were clutching each other so tight that he had one leg braced on the side and broke his phone ROFL!!! So I will totally live vicariously through you on this one! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 618

Postby MTCanuk » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Way to go!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

MTCanuk
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 514

Postby pawprints » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Yay for you!!! I am so happy that you got it!!

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 602

Postby elainehall » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:49 pm

I used to go there when I was a little girl.
Elaine

elainehall
Cherry Tart

Layouts: 3

Postby blbabe1234 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm

That's awesome!!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2617

Postby Shutterbug » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:09 pm

A

I am so excited for you!  I know how much you have been wanting this!  Cannot wait to hear all about it.  Don't for get to take photos!
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 461

Postby mgehrke » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Oh how fun!!! I'm so happy for you. I hope you have a wonderful time.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 53, 31 and 25) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn.

mgehrke
Wild Cherry

Layouts: 1239

Postby Flasher » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks, everyone!  I am all ready to scrap this.  The area of the park where this coaster is located is called Frontier Town.  So, I have already loaded up on the Authentique Frontier line.  The last one I attended they actually took our photos not only on the ride, but individually on the red carpet.  I hope they do that again!

Flasher
Cherry Addict

Return to General Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat