Oh Cherries!!!!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Oh Cherries!!!!

Postby mgehrke » Mon May 21, 2018 10:29 pm

First let me start by saying I've missed everyone a lot and I've not scrapped for almost a month. It's been a very long and trying 3 weeks. 
The night of April 30th we got the worst call ever. At 10pm our niece's boyfriend called to say DHs brother Chris had passed away. He was only 47 and it hit DH very hard. First he didn't believe it, and actually neither did I. As a matter of fact, I got up for work in the morning as I had forgotten about it until I got to work and my phone wouldn't stop. The next 2 days were a blur and my manager told me to take some time off.  No one actually knew what happened for a couple of days. All we were told was that he was found in his living room between a chair and table and that he hit his head. Finally we were told by the deputy that Chris had been treated in the ER the week before for kidney and liver failure. He was dying and they believe when he stood up his body gave up and he died. Then he fell and hit his head. When his girl friend found him, he had been gone for several hours. He didn't tell anyone about his ER visit, not even his 2 girls who are 26 and 16. You see he was an alcoholic and would not stop drinking. Everyone tried to get him to stop but he didn't and the drinking just got worse. Over the years, he has been divorced twice, his girls had hard time talking to him and DH hasn't talked to him in 2 years because he would only call when he was drunk. His drinking made him loose a lot and made us all sad. I had become very worried about DH. He wouldn't read the obituary, but he was able to talk about it. He never cried, and at first were worried about that, but then he said that he was just angry. The funeral was almost 2 weeks later and that is when it all became real. DH did very well. When he took a look at Chris's picture by his urn, be was finally able to accept his brother's passing. To DH, the look on his brother's face in the picture said that he knew he messed up. DH no longer is angry and has forgiven him.
Now that this is behind us, things at home can get back to normal. We have been so busy and on top of it, I've been working over time to get caught up at work. Wednesday is DD#2 bday and DD#1 is coming home from CO for a week. I'm feeling very blessed that a bad starting month is going to end on a good note. We really need this time for our family and I can't wait to get off work on Wednesday.
I do have to apologize to all of my Cherry friends for not picking a winner for my April challenge, and also for not being able to do the Washi Challenge for this month. I'm not going to have time to put together the June Washi challenge so if someone would like to take it for June that word be great. Otherwise the Washi Challenge will be back in July. Thank you all for understanding. 
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 53, 31 and 25) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn.

mgehrke
Wild Cherry

Layouts: 1250

Re: Oh Cherries!!!!

Postby LoreenC » Mon May 21, 2018 11:27 pm

Oh, I am SO sorry for your DH, You and your. Whole family. How tragic. I am sure we all completely understand. Please take time to breathe and support each other ! Hugs!! I am sure you will get the challenges taken over gladly, I would love to do it but am not and haven’t been a hostess.

LoreenC
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 178

Postby Deanna13 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:50 am

I'm so sorry for your loss and all your family has been going through, Mildred. Just be with your family and I'll keep you all in my prayers. Sending big hugs!

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2433

Postby beachlover » Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 am

Mildred, I am so very sorry for the loss of your BIL.  Losing a family member is the most horrible feeling  I continue to pray for your family through this terrible time!  It is very difficult to move forward from there and get back to "normal" knowing a piece of your heart can never be repaired.  Do not even worry about challenges and things here!  The awesome part of the Cherries and this board is we are ALWAYS HERE!  We are your friends, extended family and will always be a sounding board if you need us!  One favor; spend a little time her even if  it is just to chat, or you manage to get a LO of your own done!  I have found that sometimes when I do not know where to turn, I like to just go in my scrap room.  Sometimes I just move things around.  Sometimes I start organizing.  And sometimes I do some of my best work!  You need to take a few minutes for YOU!  It makes everything a little more bearable sometimes!!  Many ((((HUGS)))) to you!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!

view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Layouts: 1038

Postby Monroe1218 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:22 am

Mildred -  I am so very sorry to hear of your brother in law's passing.  I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.  Don't worry about the challenges here - take time for yourself and your family!  We will all still be here!!
Rebecca

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 18

Postby Flasher » Tue May 22, 2018 8:30 am

Sorry to hear of your family's loss, Mildred.  I'm glad your DH was finally able to grieve.  Enjoy your visit with your girls!
Right before I die, I'm going to swallow a bag of popcorn kernels.  My cremation is going to be EPIC!

Flasher
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 234

Postby JillinIN » Tue May 22, 2018 8:33 am

Mildred, I'm so sorry for all you've been through. I'm glad your DH was finally able to forgive and finally move toward healing.
I'm glad you are going to get some much needed family time.
(((Hugs)))
Jill

JillinIN
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 302

Postby average_kim » Tue May 22, 2018 8:39 am

So very sorry for your family's loss. And it's a loss of several years ago, it sounds. Prayii6for comfort for you all.

And do not apologize about your challenge. That would come after family ...
Kim

average_kim
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 828

Postby traveler » Tue May 22, 2018 9:11 am

that is so sad. Sorry for your family's loss.
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 182

Postby joannie » Tue May 22, 2018 10:00 am

So sorry to hear this news Mildred. hugs and prayers to you all.  Enjoy your time with the girls!

joannie
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 1201

Postby sdwhru » Tue May 22, 2018 10:58 am

So sorry for everything you & your dh has been going through.  Sounds like your DH is finally starting to process and deal with it; prayers and hugs for you both

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 332

Postby Retiree3 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:17 am

Mildred, 
I a so sorry for all that your family has been through. It sounds like you have been a very supportive wife and that your husband is very lucky to have you to help him through this. On a happier note, enjoy and have fun with your two daughters. God bless all of you.

My husband's parents were alcoholics so I do understand what damage and grief it can cause the entire family. I will pray for all of your healing.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

Retiree3
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 3280

Postby emmapaige » Tue May 22, 2018 11:56 am

I was so sad to read this - such a tragedy. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 856

Postby mgehrke » Tue May 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Thank you so much for all the support, prayers and conversation. I knew once I could manage to get back here, I would receive wonderful posts. This is my happy place and I am so blessed to have all of you 
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 53, 31 and 25) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn.

mgehrke
Wild Cherry

Layouts: 1250

Postby Shutterbug » Tue May 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Mildred, I am so sorry for all you have been going through. Sending prayer to you and you family. 
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 462

Postby karensay » Tue May 22, 2018 1:35 pm

Best Wishes to you and your DH.  Hugs!
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 201

Postby 1scrapdiva (Robin) » Tue May 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Hugs and prayers 

1scrapdiva (Robin)
Cherry Blossom

Layouts: 104

Postby pawprints » Tue May 22, 2018 3:49 pm

Oh Mildred I am so very sorry. Such a sad thing to have happened. Hugs to you for all you and your dh and your family have been going through. And of course you never have to worry about your challenges here! Family is most important and always comes first.

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 613

Postby Linda S. » Tue May 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Mildred I am so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts and prayers are with your DH, you and your entire family. 

Enjoy having your DD's home. Sounds like it will be a great time for you all and you need that...

Big hugs!!

Linda S.
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 395

Postby blbabe1234 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Mildred, I am so truly sorry to hear about the tragic loss you guys have endured. That is just so horrible. Many hugs to you all!

You take your time with the challenges. We are in no rush.
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2643

Next

Return to General Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat