FREE SHIPPING* on orders over $69!
FREE SHIPPING* on orders over $69!
Hi there!
Login | Create an Account

july 18 Qotd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

july 18 Qotd

Postby CarrieG » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:19 am

do you go to the movies often?

I don't....ugh  I prefer to eventually watch them at home.....I can never get comfy in the chairs and good grief...everything is so spendy......popcorn should NOT cost that much..LOL

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
 
Posts: 7070
Layouts: 910
Location: Texas

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby Flasher » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 am

Nope.  The last movie I saw was Madagascar 3 in 2012, before that Wall-E in 2008, and before that it was 1997 . . . Bean.

The reason(s) is simple.  When the kids were little, we just didn't bother because, well, you know, kids.  They can't really sit still that long, bathroom breaks, etc.  When it was date night, the last thing I wanted to do was sit in silence in a movie theater where you don't even acknowledge each other.  We tried going more often as the kids grew, but "people" got in the way.  They are on their freaking phones, they don't stay in their seat, they kick the back of your freakin' seats, and they TALK -- all the freakin' time!  Ugh.  I'm not paying that kind of money to be aggravated.  We watch from home!
Right before I die, I'm going to swallow a bag of popcorn kernels.  My cremation is going to be EPIC!


Flasher
Cherry Addict
 
Posts: 27487
Layouts: 230
Location: The Shores of Lake Erie

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby scrappinmom99 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:44 am

CarrieG wrote:do you go to the movies often?

I don't....ugh  I prefer to eventually watch them at home.....I can never get comfy in the chairs and good grief...everything is so spendy......popcorn should NOT cost that much..LOL

We go whenever there is a new Star Wars or Harry Potter / Fantastic Beasts movie out, for sure. That's a given LOL!  Other than that, it's a case by case basis. The kids went yesterday to see The Incredibles 2 because I needed a quiet afternoon at home and was willing to pay for it ROFL!!! 

Oh I should add that we NEVER buy munchies at the theater. That's what giant mom purses are for! We go to Rite Aid and stock up on the dollar candy and smuggle it in like Han Solo 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie



scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
 
Posts: 4257
Layouts: 665
Location: NYC

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:34 am

Nope. Last movie I saw was with my BFF - 50 Shades of Grey. Like Carrie, I can't get comfortable and I DESPISE the kids who are on their darn phones and won't quit talking. SSSSSHHHHHHHHHH....

 
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 61532
Layouts: 2711
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby CarrieG » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:54 am

scrappinmom99 wrote:
CarrieG wrote:do you go to the movies often?

I don't....ugh  I prefer to eventually watch them at home.....I can never get comfy in the chairs and good grief...everything is so spendy......popcorn should NOT cost that much..LOL

We go whenever there is a new Star Wars or Harry Potter / Fantastic Beasts movie out, for sure. That's a given LOL!  Other than that, it's a case by case basis. The kids went yesterday to see The Incredibles 2 because I needed a quiet afternoon at home and was willing to pay for it ROFL!!! 

Oh I should add that we NEVER buy munchies at the theater. That's what giant mom purses are for! We go to Rite Aid and stock up on the dollar candy and smuggle it in like Han Solo 

we did that for years with the kids...but the theatre where we used to live started a no bags policy....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
 
Posts: 7070
Layouts: 910
Location: Texas

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby CarrieG » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:55 am

blbabe1234 wrote:Nope. Last movie I saw was with my BFF - 50 Shades of Grey. Like Carrie, I can't get comfortable and I DESPISE the kids who are on their darn phones and won't quit talking. SSSSSHHHHHHHHHH....

reg seats are awkward...and the recliner ones are too recliny....I will fall asleep.....ha


 

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
 
Posts: 7070
Layouts: 910
Location: Texas

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby karensay » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:56 am

During the summer, I can take advantage of the discount movies that are often offered.  

Yesterday, we saw Skyscraper for $5.00 with $5.00 for a popcorn/soda.  

On vacation, in Myrtle Beach, we saw Ocean's 8 and The Book Club for $5.25 each.  My friend bought a large popcorn/drink, and it was $17.00!!!!!!!

DD (17yo) has been enjoying the $1.00 kids movies.  She saw a Charlie Brown movie and Ferdinand so far this summer.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola
 
Posts: 6140
Layouts: 208
Location: Elgin, South Carolina

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby Monroe1218 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:05 am

Nope - too expensive here and I just seem to fall asleep when the lights dim and it's cold......  I think the last movie we saw in the theater was Angels and Demons in 2009....
We like to wait on them to come out on Redbox, Netflix or Amazon Prime. 
Rebecca
 

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
 
Posts: 8763
Layouts: 18
Location: Mount Carmel, TN

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby MTCanuk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:57 am

We don’t go that often either!
But we just took the grandkids to see Incredibles 2, also.  Thanks to the points on out Disney card we got in for free.  It’s all so darn expensive.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

MTCanuk
Sweet Cherry Pie
 
Posts: 1877
Layouts: 593
Location: MT

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby sdwhru » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Depends on what it is - Star Wars/Bond/Star Trek/Avengers we usually go, but I haven't even seen Han Solo yet :)  Last thing I went to see was Book Club with some girlfriends - I laughed all through the movie but one of the other ladies got kicked in the back of the seat the whole time - UGH!  So yeah I'm getting to where I can just wait.  We may have to come up with something else to do; the four of us usually have dinner and movies but we may be having to drop the movie part.  I think we are going to try to see Christopher Robin so we will see how that goes.  Very rarely do I buy anything at the movie theater; not a fan of pop, love popcorn but it has to be well doused in butter and now I get heartburn from that LOL.

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
 
Posts: 10663
Layouts: 332

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby lissahope26 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:39 pm

I took the kids to see Incredibles 2 but DH and I rarely go on dates.   Babysitter is $10/hr.  The kids stayed with my mom a few weeks ago.  DH and I went to see a double feature then of Solo and Deadpool 2.  We like all the action/Star Wars/comic book flicks. 
Melissa H.

lissahope26
Sweet Cherry Pie
 
Posts: 1668
Layouts: 604
Location: South Louisiana

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby emmapaige » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:57 pm

We sometimes go to weekday movies and get a senior discount.  Then we'll go out to an early dinner. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 
 

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
 
Posts: 12576
Layouts: 912
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby Charleneanne » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Not so much. Maybe once a year.    Actually went to see A Wrinkle In Time couple months ago.   Very disappointing    Does not honor the book at all.    And do have plans to go see Christopher Robin next month so a very busy movie year for me.   
Best thing about watching movies at home, the pause button, bathroom very close by, and you can multitask while watching!
Charleneanne

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
 
Posts: 29721
Layouts: 1226
Location: Central Valley California

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby scrappinmom99 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:03 pm


we did that for years with the kids...but the theatre where we used to live started a no bags policy....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 


Oh hell no!!!! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie



scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
 
Posts: 4257
Layouts: 665
Location: NYC

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby scrappinmom99 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:05 pm

sdwhru wrote:Depends on what it is - Star Wars/Bond/Star Trek/Avengers we usually go, but I haven't even seen Han Solo yet :)  Last thing I went to see was Book Club with some girlfriends - I laughed all through the movie but one of the other ladies got kicked in the back of the seat the whole time - UGH!  So yeah I'm getting to where I can just wait.  We may have to come up with something else to do; the four of us usually have dinner and movies but we may be having to drop the movie part.  I think we are going to try to see Christopher Robin so we will see how that goes.  Very rarely do I buy anything at the movie theater; not a fan of pop, love popcorn but it has to be well doused in butter and now I get heartburn from that LOL.

You sound like me - we  def go if it's Star Wars or Harry Potter related. Han Solo was good :) I would like to see Christopher RObin but that is not DH's type of movie. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie



scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
 
Posts: 4257
Layouts: 665
Location: NYC

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby shoorn » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:53 pm

CarrieG wrote:do you go to the movies often?

I don't....ugh  I prefer to eventually watch them at home.....I can never get comfy in the chairs and good grief...everything is so spendy......popcorn should NOT cost that much..LOL



I agree! We very rarely go and usually wait until we can watch at home. The last one we went to was in Jan 2016 - a Star Wars movie and went at first showing of the day.  Can't believe the prices for everything! I usually bring 2 small bottle of water in my handbag. 
Hi everyone!       My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

 

shoorn
Sweet Cherry Pie
 
Posts: 1972
Layouts: 1151
Location: Livingston,Texas but we are often on the Road

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby 57Diana » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:17 pm

Love to go. I even have Movie Pass!!! 
  
An expert at anything was once a beginner!


 

57Diana
Cherry Bing
 
Posts: 2286
Layouts: 358
Location: Northeastern Ohio

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby traveler » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:20 pm

I go about once a year, generally for the Star Wars or Star Trek movies, but we did not see Han Solo. I would like to see the new Mamma Mia movie and also Crazy Rich Asians, both of which come out later this summer. Maybe I will go with my Mom. 
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

 

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
 
Posts: 1627
Layouts: 205
Location: New Jersey

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby Berta R. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:15 pm

It's been at least 10  years since I saw a movie in the theater.  Love all the Star Wars and action hero movies but I'm very patient.  I know my son will buy them when they come out on DVD.  I'm anxious to see Solo.  But I can wait.  Not paying $8 for a bucket of popcorn when I can make my own here for 20 cents.  LOL!
***Berta***

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
 
Posts: 2243
Layouts: 441
Location: Northern CA

Re: july 18 Qotd

Postby karensay » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:22 pm

I can't wait to go see MAMA MIA-Again, it is being released this Friday, I hope to see it july 24 or 31.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola
 
Posts: 6140
Layouts: 208
Location: Elgin, South Carolina

Next

Return to General Talk



Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat