July 2017 Holiday Challenge - Edited with Winner

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby Deanna13 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Here's another! I chose Tequila Day and Ice Cream Day for the color....Pistachio Ice Cream.

Photos of DH and I at Riviera Maya, Mexico enjoying our Caprinias and tequila shots. (October 2015)

#Good Vibes


Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
 
Posts: 30097
Layouts: 2196
Location: Southeastern Ohio

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby sherelm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Deanna13 wrote:Hope I understood all this correctly, Sher. I chose National Ice Cream Day (Kaylee with her ice cream cake) with the colors of Cheesecake Day using pink for the Strawberry Topping. How perfect that DGD had an ice cream cake on her birthday!

Photos of oldest granddaughter on her 16th birthday, June 2017.
Sweet 16

I don't think there's a right or wrong way to interpret this, I just wanted to have fun with some other holidays, and YES, btw, this is perfect for the challenge!!  I want also to add I am so enjoying watching Kaylee grow up!  She was little when I first was on the board with you!  Thanks for doing my challenge.  

sherelm
Cherry Cropper
 
Posts: 11866
Layouts: 484
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby sherelm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Deanna13 wrote:Here's another! I chose Tequila Day and Ice Cream Day for the color....Pistachio Ice Cream.

Photos of DH and I at Riviera Maya, Mexico enjoying our Caprinias and tequila shots. (October 2015)

#Good Vibes

My son often takes pictures of his wife and him at a table, how clever to put them together like this!  I love the color, perfect Tequila!!  And thanks for doing the challenge again!! 

sherelm
Cherry Cropper
 
Posts: 11866
Layouts: 484
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby EmtAimee734 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:55 pm

I have my yellow mustard for my hot dog, scatter for cheesecake (in the blue circle), green for the lime for the margarita and my ice cream


EmtAimee734
Cherry Blossom
 
Posts: 264
Layouts: 270
Location: Garland, Texas

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby mrozwood » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:35 am

I hope I'm doing this correctly. 
National Ice Cream Day- I have lots of pics similar to how there's lots of flavors
National Hot Dog Day- I used yellow for mustard and green for relish
National Tequila Day-I have a white border/rim on the far sides
National Lasagna Day -I stacked/layered the 2 main background colors
National Cheesecake Day-I chose this holiday because I absolutely LOVE cheesecake!



close ups



~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.

mrozwood
Cherry Blossom
 
Posts: 308
Layouts: 73
Location: scrap desk

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby sherelm » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:05 am

EmtAimee734 wrote:I have my yellow mustard for my hot dog, scatter for cheesecake (in the blue circle), green for the lime for the margarita and my ice cream


And absolute cutest part of this is her expression!!! I love how kids let it show, why do we quit being kids??  Beautiful colors, and a great take on the challenge!  Thanks for playing along! 

sherelm
Cherry Cropper
 
Posts: 11866
Layouts: 484
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby sherelm » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:07 am

mrozwood wrote:I hope I'm doing this correctly. 
National Ice Cream Day- I have lots of pics similar to how there's lots of flavors
National Hot Dog Day- I used yellow for mustard and green for relish
National Tequila Day-I have a white border/rim on the far sides
National Lasagna Day -I stacked/layered the 2 main background colors
National Cheesecake Day-I chose this holiday because I absolutely LOVE cheesecake!



close ups




Well first off, you can never do one of my challenges WRONG.  That being said , it's PERFECT!  I love the receipts added to the pages, that's always fun when you look back years from now.  And the little ones enjoying the food!  Wonderful!!  You did a great job on interpreting the challenge, WTG!  Thanks for doing the challenge!! 

sherelm
Cherry Cropper
 
Posts: 11866
Layouts: 484
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby 1scrappymom » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:46 pm

OK, I had to put my thinking cap on for this one but I am really happy that you challenged us Sher because I wouldn't have done this layout like this without it!  My daughter and I went to Gatlinburg to celebrate her 21st birthday and let me just tell you, by the time we got to the restaurant, we had hit EVERY winery and distillery on the strip.  It was a blast and I would love to go back.  If you have never been to Dick's Last Resort, the bartendars/waitstaff are intentionally mean to you...which is especially funny for a person celebrating their 21st birthday! (Note the hats we "earned").

OK...so here goes (I had to write this down)...
Theme - Margarita Day
Ice Cream - I used mist splatters like dripping ice cream
Hot Dog - yellow/red (mustard and ketchup)
Lasagna - layering
Cheesecake - so the overall design reminds me of a cheesecake...brown crust on the bottom, vanilla color on the top.
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog
 

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing
 
Posts: 2696
Layouts: 382

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby sherelm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:57 pm

1scrappymom wrote:OK, I had to put my thinking cap on for this one but I am really happy that you challenged us Sher because I wouldn't have done this layout like this without it!  My daughter and I went to Gatlinburg to celebrate her 21st birthday and let me just tell you, by the time we got to the restaurant, we had hit EVERY winery and distillery on the strip.  It was a blast and I would love to go back.  If you have never been to Dick's Last Resort, the bartendars/waitstaff are intentionally mean to you...which is especially funny for a person celebrating their 21st birthday! (Note the hats we "earned").

OK...so here goes (I had to write this down)...
Theme - Margarita Day
Ice Cream - I used mist splatters like dripping ice cream
Hot Dog - yellow/red (mustard and ketchup)
Lasagna - layering
Cheesecake - so the overall design reminds me of a cheesecake...brown crust on the bottom, vanilla color on the top.

Oh I love the way your mind works, and what a wonderful layout! You can see the fun you had on the trip, the layout makes the reader feel it.  WTG!!!

sherelm
Cherry Cropper
 
Posts: 11866
Layouts: 484
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby all4ty » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:59 am



I was inspired by your list...hot dog - mustard - yellow, sauerkraut - washi, tequila - needed one when this was done!, lasagna - layering, cheesecake - toppings - whipped cream clouds, and the ice cream holiday - cake and ice cream for the party!
Pam
 

all4ty
Cherry Blossom
 
Posts: 326
Layouts: 185

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby mrozwood » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:07 pm

I don't know if I'm allowed to submit twice or not, but I had to at least share this.  The challenge is why I made the dessert and page!    Thank you.



Ice Cream Day - have neopolitan colors
Hot Dog Day - lines of alphas like stripes of condiments
Tequila Day - large circles like a glass
Lasagna Day -used layers
Cheesecake Day - theme of page
~Melanie

It's ok, I scrapbook.

mrozwood
Cherry Blossom
 
Posts: 308
Layouts: 73
Location: scrap desk

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby sherelm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:44 pm

all4ty wrote:

I was inspired by your list...hot dog - mustard - yellow, sauerkraut - washi, tequila - needed one when this was done!, lasagna - layering, cheesecake - toppings - whipped cream clouds, and the ice cream holiday - cake and ice cream for the party!

 I love the little girl - I'm sure it's made for a movie, show, something I'm out of touch with, but I still think she's so cute!! And I love the rationalization you used (I need one!!) lol,  Yeah, it was a little tough this month.  I'm making it a little, no make it a LOT easier for August!!  Thanks for doing the tough one!!

sherelm
Cherry Cropper
 
Posts: 11866
Layouts: 484
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby sherelm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

mrozwood wrote:I don't know if I'm allowed to submit twice or not, but I had to at least share this.  The challenge is why I made the dessert and page!    Thank you.



Ice Cream Day - have neopolitan colors
Hot Dog Day - lines of alphas like stripes of condiments
Tequila Day - large circles like a glass
Lasagna Day -used layers
Cheesecake Day - theme of page

You may always submit as much as you like for my challenges, but it's not fair I can't have any of your cheesecake!! LOOKS GREAT!!!  And I promise, like I said above, next month will be easier!! Thanks for participating!!! 

sherelm
Cherry Cropper
 
Posts: 11866
Layouts: 484
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge - Edited with Winner

Postby StacyLee » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:03 pm

Thank you!! I really enjoyed this challenge!
Stacy
Visit my blog - #InMyLife

StacyLee
Sweet Cherry Pie
 
Posts: 1805
Layouts: 361
Location: SW Florida

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge - Edited with Winner

Postby sherelm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:46 pm

StacyLeeD wrote:Thank you!! I really enjoyed this challenge!

You are welcome!!  Thanks for doing a great layout, too!! 

sherelm
Cherry Cropper
 
Posts: 11866
Layouts: 484
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge - Edited with Winner

Postby blbabe1234 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Congrats Stacy!
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 57930
Layouts: 2544
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: July 2017 Holiday Challenge - Edited with Winner

Postby Deanna13 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:18 pm

Congrats Stacy! Enjoy! 


Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
 
Posts: 30097
Layouts: 2196
Location: Southeastern Ohio

Previous

Return to Contests & Challenges



Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat