August 2017 Holiday Challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

August 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby sherelm » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 am

AUGUST Holiday Challenge 2017

So what holiday is in August? HMMMMM.   Yes, I know about Left hander’s day, and Nat’l Dog Day, and few other minor holidays.  But this month I want a bigger August Holiday

So, I want you to do a layout of one of your family celebrations/holiday that you celebrate or celebrated in the past in August.  This can be a birthday, an anniversary, even of someone(s) who has passed, but what does or did your family celebrate in August?  Is it a back to school party, or a last day at the pool party?   Do you go on one last family vacation before school? 

I just want an August celebration special to your family this month.  Anything.

For a twist, since this is a celebration – I want to see a balloon on your page.  It can be in your photos, or on the page as an embellishment. 

Now for the details:  Challenge closes at 11:59PM the last day of August.  You may enter as many times as you want.  You may combine with any challenge that allows it.  At the end of the challenge, your entry(ies) will be entered into a drawing for a $5 GC, chosen by Random.org.  Any questions, you may ask on here, or PM me.  

Happy Holiday to you and yours!

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 478

Re: August 2017 Holiday Challenge

Postby Deanna13 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:37 am

Wonderful challenge! We're off soon to the beach in celebration of the end of Summer, Back-to-School, etc. 

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2122

Postby sherelm » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:46 am

Deanna13 wrote:Wonderful challenge! We're off soon to the beach in celebration of the end of Summer, Back-to-School, etc. 

PERFECT!! 

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Postby pawprints » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Awesome challenge Sher!! My grandson was born at the end of August!!

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 575

Postby Yankeegirl » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Hah....no August birthdays in our family!  So I am thinking another photo from our awesome 2015 August family Disney trip, or my nephew's wedding Aug. 2008.  Hmmmmm........
"Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects."

Kathy

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 806

Postby blbabe1234 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Awesome! I have an aunt and uncle who got married in August and a few family members who have August birthdays
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2517

Postby sherelm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:29 am

I've read all the ideas you have so far, and they not only work, they are great!!!! 

Now, do I do a "my ex-husband's" birthday?  LOL  NOPE.   (My dad was born on August 12/13 - maybe I'll tell the story about how my grandmother said she had him on the 13th, and the doctor wrote down on the birth certificate the 12th, and how she screwed us all up when it came to dating anything for him, including Social Security. - SHE WAS NUTS)

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Postby emmapaige » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:23 am

My hubby's birthday is in August so I love this idea!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 708

Postby EmtAimee734 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:21 pm

EmtAimee734
Cherry Blossom

Layouts: 270

Postby EmtAimee734 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:09 pm

EmtAimee734
Cherry Blossom

Layouts: 270

Postby suewho372 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:30 pm

MY birthday is this month! Maybe I will celebrate ME lol! 
Susan

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 614

Postby Donna_Coughlin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:03 pm

We have SO many birthdays the first week of August it is crazy, so this was an easy one to find a photo.

Donna_Coughlin
Cherry Blossom

Layouts: 87

Postby sherelm » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:23 pm

EmtAimee734 wrote:

These two pages are adorable!!!  How fast they grow, and I remember the princess parties I had as a kid - no one has them when you are 60 plus.  But I'd still like that!! LOL   The colors, and layout both are wonderful!  Nothing shines more than her smile, though!  Thanks for participating!

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Postby sherelm » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Donna_Coughlin wrote:We have SO many birthdays the first week of August it is crazy, so this was an easy one to find a photo.

I used to have that situation in August, a wedding anniversary, and two birthdays.  But the wedding is now a divorce (my sister's) and the birthdays were my dad's (now deceased) and my ex-husband (but I still remind our son so he doesn't forget!!)  I love the masculine layout - with stars - looks wonderful and he looks like he still enjoys birthdays and isn't shy about the camera!  Thanks for doing my challenge!

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Postby Retiree3 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:40 am

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

Retiree3
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 2959

Postby sherelm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:37 am

Retiree3 wrote:

I am so impressed that you followed the #1 cardinal rule of scrapbooking : Scrap the photos as soon as you can to remember the moment best!  And you did!  YAY!!!  I love your design, and the design on the cupcakes!! This is so cute!! And his T shirt is a sweet birthday attire for a 12 yo boy.  Which you don't see much of anymore. . .  Congratulations on a great young man!

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Postby 1scrappymom » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:30 am

sherelm wrote:
These two pages are adorable!!!  How fast they grow, and I remember the princess parties I had as a kid - no one has them when you are 60 plus.  But I'd still like that!! LOL   The colors, and layout both are wonderful!  Nothing shines more than her smile, though!  Thanks for participating!

Clearly you have never been to my house!  LOL  My daughter's 18th birthday was a Beauty and the Beast party!  LOL  I don't see an end to the princess cakes...or the parties!  Birthdays are the one day that is just about YOU.  We celebrate birthdays like no other because we all deserve a special day...princess crown and all! 
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 357

Postby suewho372 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:04 pm

1scrappymom wrote:
sherelm wrote:

Clearly you have never been to my house!  LOL  My daughter's 18th birthday was a Beauty and the Beast party!  LOL  I don't see an end to the princess cakes...or the parties!  Birthdays are the one day that is just about YOU.  We celebrate birthdays like no other because we all deserve a special day...princess crown and all! 

We do too!!! Lol!!! Last Jan my dd turned 24 we had a beautiful unicorn cake!!! I love it !!!
Susan

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 614

Postby Yankeegirl » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:04 pm

So here's my August holiday page:  Our first ever family trip to WDW in August 2015 with our two grandkids.  It was wonderful!
Twist:  Left page, middle bottom row photo has balloons that Disney has out at every parade!
Combined with the Aug. Manufacturer challenge.

"Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects."

Kathy

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 806

Postby sherelm » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Yankeegirl wrote:So here's my August holiday page:  Our first ever family trip to WDW in August 2015 with our two grandkids.  It was wonderful!
Twist:  Left page, middle bottom row photo has balloons that Disney has out at every parade!
Combined with the Aug. Manufacturer challenge.

This is simply awesome. I love how your colors, embellishments, everything just emits the happiness of this trip.  I'm in awe.  Beautiful well done layout.

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Next

Return to Contests & Challenges

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat