Click Here to view our Autumn Collections

New Challenge for September...organize it! Winner

Moderator: ACOT Employee

New Challenge for September...organize it! Winner

Postby 1scrappymom » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:41 am

And the winner by random.org is Deanna13!!  Congrats Deanna! I'll be getting your GC soon! Thanks to everyone else for participating this month and getting a little more organized!  

Hey guys...so as some of you might have read, my scraproom was in peril with a pipe bursting.  Luckily, my actual supplies are safe, but the finished basement is a disaster at the moment.  So once it is all cleaned up (I just know it will be eventually)...I am going to be cleaning and organizing which has lead me to this challenge, because who wants to clean alone, right?

For September, I want you to find a drawer, folder, shelf, whatever that you want to organize in your scraproom...and get it done.  But here's the catch...once you have done this...let's make a dent in some of those old supplies!  Do you have a washi drawer that is overflowing?  Buttons gone crazy?  For me, my flower drawer is OUT OF CONTROL!!!  (Well, honestly, that's most of my drawers!!)  

I'm giving you some extra time so that you can figure out what area you want to organize.  

Step 1:  Post a before and after picture of the area you are organizing
Step 2:  Post your projects you do with the contents of that area (must have at least 5 items from the drawer to count...i.e. 5 buttons, 5 pieces of scrap paper, 5 flowers, etc.)  Don't forget to list the supplies that you used as a result of the organization.  

Posting your before/after picture will count as 1 entry.
Any project you post will count as 1 entry (may be projects, cards, layouts, etc.) - no digi please

There is no limit to the number of entries and you may combine with any other challenge that allows it.  The point is to use up your stash...so let's get it done!!

Most importantly...please post all entries in this gallery that has been provided.  This helps me keep track of who has entered.  Projects that are not in the gallery will not be counted. 

All entries must be received by 11:59pm EST on 9/30/17.  
A winner will be chosen via random.org to win a $10 ACOT gift certificate!!

Any questions, PM me.  

Here is a picture of my scraps.  To give you perspective...this is a box that xerox paper reams come in.  I got them all sorted by color and now I am trying to separate a few of them into themes.  This was definitely a bigger undertaking than I originally thought but will be so much better when it's done. I'm now trying to limit myself to ONLY using scraps for the next couple weeks or longer. 

Last edited by 1scrappymom on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 349

Re: New Challenge for September...get ready!

Postby average_kim » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:14 am

Sounds like a great challenge!  I immediately thought of the space on top of my paper boxes--I'm a stacker!  And it's in danger of an avalanche!  Thanks for the push to do something with it!!
Kim

average_kim
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 813

Postby lissahope26 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:49 am

Too funny!  I just went through and organized bunches of stuff because I was tired of not finding what I was looking for! 

Will have to locate something I didn't get to yet.
Melissa H.

lissahope26
Cherry Berry

Layouts: 368

Postby beachlover » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:57 am

OMG, you have been following my home disaster as well right?  Same as you...  My scrap room and supplies are safe but the scrap room closet is where our bathroom plumbing is so I cannot put things back together.  And I have stuff in the dining room, and there is barely room to walk in the back sun room.  So I will be living in limbo for a while too.  Yesterday DH and I were in there and trying to start figuring out a game plan; but really have to wait and see what the ins. co will be giving us first.  Basement is a complete loss and will be gutted.  So I started thinking time to really, really purge!   I will sit down this weekend and decide what I will do/work on.  This is so awesome and your timing could not have been better Shannon
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!

view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Layouts: 997

Postby CarrieG » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:13 am

haaaaaaaaaaaa I just did a total organization.....but there might be something I missed.................

sounds like a fun challenge

CarrieG
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 786

Postby hsblair » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:30 am

Ummm... how about my entire room?  It is so desperately in need of an organization but I don't even know where to start... Thanks for the challenge--I will have to ponder about an approach and try to work it in to this challenge.

hsblair
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 227

Postby 1scrappymom » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:43 am

beachlover wrote:OMG, you have been following my home disaster as well right?  Same as you...  My scrap room and supplies are safe but the scrap room closet is where our bathroom plumbing is so I cannot put things back together.  And I have stuff in the dining room, and there is barely room to walk in the back sun room.  So I will be living in limbo for a while too.  Yesterday DH and I were in there and trying to start figuring out a game plan; but really have to wait and see what the ins. co will be giving us first.  Basement is a complete loss and will be gutted.  So I started thinking time to really, really purge!   I will sit down this weekend and decide what I will do/work on.  This is so awesome and your timing could not have been better Shannon

I did see that and I am so sorry.  Your basement looks a lot worse than mine.  It's such a hassle to deal with, isn't it?  I've complained for years that I wanted my own scraproom UPSTAIRS!  Now that my 21 yo DD is a senior in college, that day may be coming.  I'm not pushing her own but....    We can support each other through this mess.  I'm very thankful we got both my kids in school before it happened, but DH started school this week and well...we're adapting.  One day at a time!!!
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Postby 1scrappymom » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:44 am

CarrieG wrote:haaaaaaaaaaaa I just did a total organization.....but there might be something I missed.................

sounds like a fun challenge

I've often thought about using up a paper line that is getting older or tools.  I'm not real picky, so I'm sure whatever you come up with will be fine!
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Postby 1scrappymom » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:45 am

hsblair wrote:Ummm... how about my entire room?  It is so desperately in need of an organization but I don't even know where to start... Thanks for the challenge--I will have to ponder about an approach and try to work it in to this challenge.

It gets overwhelming doesn't it?  Maybe throw a dart at it and whatever you hit first is where you start?  LOL  I think that might be my approach!  
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Postby emarie803 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:50 am

trying to figure out how I can play along...most of my scrap stuff is in storage (STILL ) but I guess I can just take a picture of one of my tote bags that I did bring with me, organize it (before I have to pack them up next month) and then take the after picture of them all neat inside.

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 683

Postby Shutterbug » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Great idea!
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 436

Postby 1scrappymom » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:09 pm

emarie803 wrote:trying to figure out how I can play along...most of my scrap stuff is in storage (STILL ) but I guess I can just take a picture of one of my tote bags that I did bring with me, organize it (before I have to pack them up next month) and then take the after picture of them all neat inside.

Works for me! 
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Postby beachlover » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:15 pm

emarie803 wrote:trying to figure out how I can play along...most of my scrap stuff is in storage (STILL ) but I guess I can just take a picture of one of my tote bags that I did bring with me, organize it (before I have to pack them up next month) and then take the after picture of them all neat inside.

most of my older stuff is still in boxes on the sun porch, but I do have a 2 drawer shelf in my dining room that has some old and some new stuff so I may just go through that - plus that drawer is on wheels so I can easily roll it in and out of the closet - win-win!

view my blog (new)

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Postby beachlover » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:16 pm

PS:  I have a week's vacation Labor Day week, so this and my front flower (weed) beds are my goals for the week!!!

view my blog (new)

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Postby 1scrappymom » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:34 pm

beachlover wrote:PS:  I have a week's vacation Labor Day week, so this and my front flower (weed) beds are my goals for the week!!!

You can do it!!!  
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Postby beachlover » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:32 pm

I am all over this challenge - already took my 'before' pictures!!

view my blog (new)

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Postby blfonty » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:44 pm

Perfect timing for me! I'm going to get me some more paper storage this weekend and work on my paper stash! My goal is to get all the tote bags filled with paper collections and the stacks on the table and everywhere and move the paper to vertical storage on top of my stack-up cubes. Thanks for the challenge! We will work on this together over the next month.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie
  ***Cherry Bomb***

blfonty
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 440

Postby traveler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:23 pm

my drawers are pretty reasonable, but I have this basket. I put stuff in there including papers and collections and ephemera to scrap a trip I took 2 years ago. the trip is completely scrapped and yet the basket sits there with good papers and collections along with destination specific things that I will never use again, or at least not in the foreseeable future. It's a  big basket too, and it sits on the floor. This challenge might be just what I need to reorganize that basket - or get rid of it altogether. 
Louise 

traveler
Cherry Picker

Layouts: 75

Postby Donna_Coughlin » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:17 pm

Sounds good, I am constantaly organizing and reorganizing. I never can keep anything organize

Donna_Coughlin
Cherry Blossom

Layouts: 87

Postby emmapaige » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:36 pm

I am all over this challenge. I was looking for "something" today and went through several bins with no success. I will pick one and take a photo in the next day or two. Thanks Shannon!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 685

Next

Return to Contests & Challenges

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat