Give the perfect gift! Gift Cards and instant e-Gift cards From ACherryOnTop.com. Click for details

October 2017 Book Lover's Challenge - UPDATED WITH WINNER!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

October 2017 Book Lover's Challenge - UPDATED WITH WINNER!

Postby rachel0017 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Congratulations to this month's winner, as chosen by random.org: #4, sweetsour! Thanks to everyone who participated!

As far as I’m concerned, when October 1st hits, it’s Halloween. It’s my favorite holiday, and one of my favorite books to read with my kids this time of year is Five Little Pumpkins.

OPTION 1: Pumpkin Everything
Create a layout focusing on something having to do with a pumpkin. It can be pumpkin carving/decorating, your favorite pumpkin spice latte, Jack the Pumpkin King (a personal favorite), or that time your cutie baby dressed as a pumpkin for Halloween. The sky’s the limit! Just make sure there’s a pumpkin involved. : )

OPTION 2: Rhyme Time
The words to this story are presented in a fun rhyme:

“Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate,
The first one said, ‘Oh my, it’s getting late.’
The second one said, ‘There are witches in the air.’
The third one said, ‘But we don’t care!’
The fourth one said, ‘Let’s run and run and run.’
The fifth one said, ‘I am ready for some fun.’
‘OOOOOOO’ went the wind, and out went the light,
And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.”

Therefore, for this option you must present EITHER your title or journaling in rhyme form.

Sample for Option 2 using a rhyming title: The Lion King's the Thing

This month, you'll get a BONUS ENTRY if you include FIVE of an element. Be sure to point out which element you have five of, so it doesn’t slip past me!

The Fine Print:
1. HAVE FUN MAKING YOUR PROJECT!
2. Entries open to new projects - paper, digital, & card making.
3. May be combined with one other challenge that allows it.
4. Due October 31st, at 11:59 PM.
5. One lucky winner, chosen at random, will receive a $5 ACOT gift card from us!
6. Up to 3 entries permitted per month.
7. A RAK is awarded to a second winner if there are more than 15 unique entries (not including bonuses) during the month.

Participants:
1. LoreenC
2. LoreenC (bonus)
3. LoreenC
4. sweetsour
5. Retiree3
6. Retiree3 (bonus)
7. tmp718
8. tmp718 (bonus)
9. lissahope26
10. lissahope26 (bonus)
11. CarrieG
12. joannie
13. pawprints
14. sweetsour
15. sweetsour (bonus)
16. Sandi0805
17. Sandi0805 (bonus)
Last edited by rachel0017 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

rachel0017
Cherry Blossom

Layouts: 113

Re: October 2017 Book Lover's Challenge

Postby Yankeegirl » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:26 pm

The fun has come, to all and one!    Great challenge, Rachel.  Love your page example!
"Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects."

Kathy

Yankeegirl
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 811

Postby pawprints » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:34 pm

I love this challenge! And sucht a cute layout!

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 579

Postby LoreenC » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:55 pm

Wouldn't you know it?! I just did this for Sept. Organize it Challenge!!!

Pumpkins Galore !! Well, now all my supplies are organized, I should be able to get one done for this Challenge, ... Now if I can find some Halloween photos ..
lol.  Thanks for  this Challenge!! I Love, Love , Love Halloween also.

LoreenC
Cherry Berry

Layouts: 133

Postby Berta R. » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Halloween is one of my faves too!  Fun challenge!

Love your Halloween page, Loreen!
***Berta***

Berta R.
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 298

Postby blbabe1234 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:44 pm

super cute layout and great challenge
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2524

Postby LoreenC » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Here is my , October ,All about Pumpkins submission, Option 1. This is my Grandson Last year with his Aunt as Helper! I think he took advantage because his Aunt came to visit !!! I also have a bonus, I used 5 puffy sets of glasses on the skulls!!

LoreenC
Cherry Berry

Postby LoreenC » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Here is my submission for Option #2 . The journaling rhymes , it's under the title that I made a flap. I never quite know how to use this type of paper,(with a scene on it) , but can't resist buying it. This worked perfect for this LO!
I also Scratched my Grandson & Granddaughter's initials and the Year in the tree trunk !!

It is better in the gallery.  I  am still trying to get my sizing since the Change. Very frustrating.

LoreenC
Cherry Berry

Postby sweetsour » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:32 pm

2 old pix I found from when our 1st dgd - LOL  was 2 mos old, would've been the little pumpkin's 1st Halloween!  lol
Option 2  - pumpkins
Also submitting to the Oct  Manu. chall.
 Karrie

sweetsour
Wild Cherry

Layouts: 751

Postby killarney_rose » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Great Challenge!  Like you when it is October it's a huge three to four days around our house depending what day Halloween falls on.  Two birthdays either side of Halloween!

But because of our move those photos are burried in a box somewhere........sigh! 
http://texassantagertrudis.blogspot.com

Alum Design Team

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 356

Postby Retiree3 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 am

I chose option 2.

[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

Retiree3
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 2969

Postby rachel0017 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:09 pm

LoreenC wrote:Wouldn't you know it?! I just did this for Sept. Organize it Challenge!!!

Pumpkins Galore !! Well, now all my supplies are organized, I should be able to get one done for this Challenge, ... Now if I can find some Halloween photos ..
lol.  Thanks for  this Challenge!! I Love, Love , Love Halloween also.

Wow, perfect timing indeed! I love all your Halloween details, from the paper to the accents to the photos! Thanks so much for sharing it!

rachel0017
Cherry Blossom

Postby rachel0017 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:12 pm

LoreenC wrote:Here is my , October ,All about Pumpkins submission, Option 1. This is my Grandson Last year with his Aunt as Helper! I think he took advantage because his Aunt came to visit !!! I also have a bonus, I used 5 puffy sets of glasses on the skulls!!

Oh my gosh. What a fun touch to add the puffy glasses to the skeletons on the background paper. I love all the pumpkin accents, too, to highlight the photos. Thanks so much for playing along this month!

rachel0017
Cherry Blossom

Postby rachel0017 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:15 pm

LoreenC wrote:Here is my submission for Option #2 . The journaling rhymes , it's under the title that I made a flap. I never quite know how to use this type of paper,(with a scene on it) , but can't resist buying it. This worked perfect for this LO!
I also Scratched my Grandson & Granddaughter's initials and the Year in the tree trunk !!

It is better in the gallery.  I  am still trying to get my sizing since the Change. Very frustrating.

Yes! That "carving" in the tree trunk is a stroke of genius. I love how you worked with the background paper and integrated it into your design. And your journaling is so cute! Thanks for submitting another layout!

rachel0017
Cherry Blossom

Postby rachel0017 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:18 pm

sweetsour wrote:2 old pix I found from when our 1st dgd - LOL  was 2 mos old, would've been the little pumpkin's 1st Halloween!  lol
Option 2  - pumpkins
Also submitting to the Oct  Manu. chall.

Super cuties! I like how you made this a Halloween page even though your papers weren't necessarily Halloween themed. Thanks so much for playing along this month!

rachel0017
Cherry Blossom

Postby rachel0017 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Retiree3 wrote:I chose option 2.

I really like your accents on this one, especially the curly border on the right side! I also see at least five buttons, so you'll be getting a bonus entry! Thanks so much for playing along this month!

rachel0017
Cherry Blossom

Postby sherelm » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Rachel, I loved your little story about the book so much, I bought it (in board book style) for the little sister of the new baby - I'm going to the shower tomorrow.  I think it's adorable.  Now - to get a layout done!!!

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 484

Postby rachel0017 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 am

sherelm wrote:Rachel, I loved your little story about the book so much, I bought it (in board book style) for the little sister of the new baby - I'm going to the shower tomorrow.  I think it's adorable.  Now - to get a layout done!!!

Oh, Sher, this makes me so happy! It is truly a favorite book in our house (we have the board book version, too!) and they rhyme is so catchy that my girls recite it even when we’re not reading the book! Thanks for sharing this with me!

rachel0017
Cherry Blossom

Postby sherelm » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:40 am

rachel0017 wrote:
sherelm wrote:Rachel, I loved your little story about the book so much, I bought it (in board book style) for the little sister of the new baby - I'm going to the shower tomorrow.  I think it's adorable.  Now - to get a layout done!!!

Oh, Sher, this makes me so happy! It is truly a favorite book in our house (we have the board book version, too!) and they rhyme is so catchy that my girls recite it even when we’re not reading the book! Thanks for sharing this with me!

Ok, at the shower, some gals KNEW the book by heart (the Mom-to-be's idiotic cousin felt the need to shout the words while Mom was trying to read it - I almost punched the witch) but when grandma to be  came out she said "OOOHHH I want to read that, it looks really cute!!  It was a hit!! 

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 484

Postby Tammey » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:07 am

For the book lovers challenge I did option one, and i used five purple enamel dots for the bonus. I combined with the pattern paper challenge.

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/240554

Tammey
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 635

Next

Return to Contests & Challenges

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat