Give the perfect gift! Gift Cards and instant e-Gift cards From ACherryOnTop.com. Click for details

NOV What's on TV? CHAL **WINNER

Moderator: ACOT Employee

NOV What's on TV? CHAL **WINNER

Postby joannie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:37 am

****WINNER****
#10 SHER!!! CONGRATS YOU WON THE GIFT CARD THIS MONTH!! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PLAYED ALONG!!!

For this month…What’s on TV?   Doctor Who

Doctor Who is a British science-fiction television program produced by the BBC since 1963. The program depicts the adventures of a Time Lord called "the Doctor", an extraterrestrial being from the planet Gallifrey. The Doctor explores the universe in a time-travelling space ship called the TARDIS. Its exterior appears as a blue British police box, which was a common sight in Britain in 1963 when the series first aired. Accompanied by a number of companions, the Doctor combats a variety of foes, while working to save civilizations and help people in need.

Challenge: I want to see at least one photo taken at a doctor/dentist/vet's office, of an ouchie, a nurse or doctor, or the patient...(something medical related)

Rules:
* You may combine with ONE other NOVEMBER challenge. Please limit it to 3.
* For layouts only
* Due Date: LAST DAY OF THE MONTH, 11:59 PM EST
*There will be a random drawing for a $5 ACOT GC  from all participants who have completed the challenge.
I can't wait to see what you do!

Here is my sample page. Dixie got tangled up in DH's truck tire last June and had to go to the animal hospital.

PARTICIPATING CHERRIES:

emmapaige
sallor
KimberlyE
Retiree3
scrappinmom99
Deanna13
StacyLee
Deanna13
Deanna13
Sherelm
Last edited by joannie on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:11 am, edited 12 times in total.

joannie
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 1093
Re: NOV What's on TV? CHALLENGE

Postby Sallor » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:22 am

Oooooh, the first November challlenge!  I'm so in!

Sallor
Cherry Blossom

Layouts: 30

Postby suewho372 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:30 am

Hi Joannie! I used to watch Dr Who way back when! Not lately but I’m sure it is even better now! 
Your layout is very cute!!! Can ouchies be cute? You know what I mean! 
Great challenge! 
Susan

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 620

Postby Deanna13 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

I've been putting off scrapping photos of poor little grandson Marcus when he fell and hit his head (several stitches) and broke his arm in a couple places at his basketball game. Maybe this will be the push I need. 

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2153

Postby blbabe1234 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:01 pm

I LOVE THIS!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2525

Postby emmapaige » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Hmmm....I might have to scrap my husband's thumb infection this past summer that landed him in the ER and admitted to the hospital for several days.  I promise to only use photos of his bandaged thumb and not his thumb before it was lanced and bandaged.  It was NASTY!!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 721

Postby joannie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:23 pm

Deanna13 wrote:I've been putting off scrapping photos of poor little grandson Marcus when he fell and hit his head (several stitches) and broke his arm in a couple places at his basketball game. Maybe this will be the push I need. 

Aw poor little guy. That sounds awful. 

joannie
Cherry Jubilee

Postby joannie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:30 pm

emmapaige wrote:Hmmm....I might have to scrap my husband's thumb infection this past summer that landed him in the ER and admitted to the hospital for several days.  I promise to only use photos of his bandaged thumb and not his thumb before it was lanced and bandaged.  It was NASTY!!!

I know what you mean about NASTY!    I printed out all the pics of Dixie at the vet but only used the ones that didn't show her ripped open places.

joannie
Cherry Jubilee

Postby MTCanuk » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:59 am

A photo of me???? I'm a nurse!  Tell my story?
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

MTCanuk
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 445

Postby joannie » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:04 pm

MTCanuk wrote:A photo of me???? I'm a nurse!  Tell my story?

That would make a great page!!

joannie
Cherry Jubilee

Postby emmapaige » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:57 pm

Here is mine - I did include a photo of his thumb before it was lanced and bandaged but I made a pocket to hide the photo from the general public but wanted to make sure it was included.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 721

Postby 1scrappymom » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Great job Chris!  I totally remember that!  That poor man!!  

I have some pictures I took of my son's allergy testing that i have been meaning to scrap.  (He'll be thrilled that I post this!  LOL)
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 365

Postby scrappinmom99 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:31 pm

Good challenge! It seems we all have these types of pictures but sort of shy away from scrapping them. I have pics from when DS went to the ER with a sprained ankle. It was the first time in about 16 years I had to take him to the ER so I count myself lucky! I have about a dozen pictures but haven't scrapped them yet. That's my plan for this month!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 561

Postby Sallor » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:46 pm

This layout came together so quickly!  I combined this challenge with the Sketch With a Twist Challenge.

http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery/240977-hello-welcome-athlete-life

Sallor
Cherry Blossom

Layouts: 30

Postby KrazSparkle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:54 pm

This is so exciting!! My son just had his first eye exam and I got pictures! I cant wait to have them printed so I can scrap them!!
(Kristi)  "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."_ Charles M Schulz   

KrazSparkle
Cherry Picker

Layouts: 181

Postby KimberlyE » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:29 pm

My son broke his leg a few years ago. Shockingly, I didn't take a single photo of him in the ER or at any of his doctor visits. He was back on the ice 32 days later. Crazy. (I added clothes to the otherwise inappropriate for public consumption photo at top left.)

KimberlyE
Cherry Tart

Layouts: 116

Postby Retiree3 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:17 pm

My husband is looking over information about hearing aids. He is waiting for the doctor to come back and fit him with the hearing aids.
I combined this challenge with the patterned paper challenge.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

Retiree3
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 2969

Postby scrappinmom99 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:07 am

Here's mine! And we used the same sticker sheet, hahahaha!!!   DS and I will do journaling on the tags at a later time but after the fact, we talked about how I was making a point to take pictures not only for scrapping (duh lol) but so he would think it wasn't too bad a situation and he was in pain but smiling for the camera so that he wouldn't worry me. What a pair, huh? LOL!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 561

Postby Deanna13 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Here's mine and I found some photos of a couple other grandkids with broken parts. This was really a difficult page for me, Joannie but thanks for the push! I find it a struggle to scrap the not so happy times.

Catching up on these photos of sweet little grandson Marcus when he had a basketball accident. Had to have stitches in his forehead and there's still a scar. Also broke his arm in a couple places. Thankfully his arm healed correctly. (January 2016)
Be Brave

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2153

Postby StacyLee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:00 am

Here's mine, Joannie, thanks for the challenge! This page has pictures taken at the vet's office, the patient is Malcolm and it was his first visit. Also combining with the Nov Rewind challenge.
Daddy? What's a vet?
Stacy

StacyLee
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 355

Next

Return to Contests & Challenges

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat