GD Challenge #1 *WINNER*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

GD Challenge #1 *WINNER*

Postby Krystle » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:54 pm

Update: -Tracy- is the winner! I’ll pass your name on to Heidi for your gift certificate. Thanks to everyone who played along!

Hi everyone!  For my first guest designer challenge, I am challenging you to use layering and dimension in your layouts -- specifically in an embellishment cluster.  In this example layout, I used a variety of cardstock stickers in the embellishment cluster above my pictures.  I layered the stickers over each other, using pop dots on the stickers that were on top of the embellishment cluster.  It's a great way to arrange a number of stickers that you like on your layout.  I hope you give it a try.

 

To be eligible for a $5 ACOT gift certificate, post your layout to this thread by the end of the month.  One entry per participant, and your layout can be combined with one other challenge that also allows combining (please note which challenge it is when you post).  I can't wait to see what you create!
Last edited by Krystle on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krystle
Cherry Berry
 
Posts: 984
Layouts: 222

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby lissahope26 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:30 pm

Love it!
Melissa H.

lissahope26
Sweet Cherry Pie
 
Posts: 1239
Layouts: 489
Location: South Louisiana

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby Deanna13 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:08 am

Wonderful challenge and what a great page, Krystle! 


Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
 
Posts: 30819
Layouts: 2359
Location: Southeastern Ohio

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby joannie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:06 am

Great challenge!! Great page too!

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
 
Posts: 12436
Layouts: 1161
Location:

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby blbabe1234 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:20 am

Awesome challenge! I Love doing that
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 59226
Layouts: 2617
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby StacyLee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:23 am

Awesome challenge, I love clustering! Great way to use multiple stickers/embellies in your design!
Stacy
Visit my blog - #InMyLife

StacyLee
Sweet Cherry Pie
 
Posts: 1918
Layouts: 382
Location: SW Florida

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby mgehrke » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:11 pm

This was a fun challenge. I put pop dots under the Rock A Bye Baby flag to lift it up above the rocking horse.

Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 53, 31 and 25) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn.




mgehrke
Wild Cherry
 
Posts: 17808
Layouts: 1233
Location: Minnesota

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby Krystle » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:52 pm

mgehrke wrote:This was a fun challenge. I put pop dots under the Rock A Bye Baby flag to lift it up above the rocking horse.


This is so perfect -- love it!

Krystle
Cherry Berry
 
Posts: 984
Layouts: 222

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby Deanna13 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Here's mine! I used popdots here and there and lots of diecuts.

I combined with the Size Matters Challenge.

Photos of sweet granddaugher Kaylee sledding, January 2016.
Bring On Winter!


Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
 
Posts: 30819
Layouts: 2359
Location: Southeastern Ohio

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby Krystle » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:17 pm

Deanna13 wrote:Here's mine! I used popdots here and there and lots of diecuts.

I combined with the Size Matters Challenge.

Photos of sweet granddaugher Kaylee sledding, January 2016.
Bring On Winter!


This is layout is really adorable!
 

Krystle
Cherry Berry
 
Posts: 984
Layouts: 222

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby traveler » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Here's mine, my cluster is in the lower right corner. It is small, but has fussy cut flowers, chipboard emebllishments, wooden hearts and my sticker is on raised adhesive. 

combined with the color and shape challenge. 
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

 

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
 
Posts: 1181
Layouts: 160
Location: New Jersey

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby Krystle » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 pm

trainmom wrote:Here's mine, my cluster is in the lower right corner. It is small, but has fussy cut flowers, chipboard emebllishments, wooden hearts and my sticker is on raised adhesive. 

combined with the color and shape challenge. 

I love this, and your raised sticker is perfect for this page!

Krystle
Cherry Berry
 
Posts: 984
Layouts: 222

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby karen c. » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:09 am

I like using the stickers and chipboard that comes with the kits to layer. Thanks for the challenge Krystle!
I combined with the March Title Challenge.

karen c.
Cherry Picker
 
Posts: 673
Layouts: 371
Location: South West Florida

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby Krystle » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:26 pm

seastar wrote:I like using the stickers and chipboard that comes with the kits to layer. Thanks for the challenge Krystle!
I combined with the March Title Challenge.

Oh I just love that chipboard sentiment -- fantastic layout!

Krystle
Cherry Berry
 
Posts: 984
Layouts: 222

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby -Tracy- » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:22 am

Here's mine. I layered my papers, popped up my photo, and used chipboard for my clusters.

On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
 
Posts: 16724
Layouts: 439

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby Krystle » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:05 pm

-Tracy- wrote:Here's mine. I layered my papers, popped up my photo, and used chipboard for my clusters.


This is a fantastic layout. I love this prima line!

Krystle
Cherry Berry
 
Posts: 984
Layouts: 222

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby LoreenC » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Congratulations on being a Guest Designer!! This is a Great Challenge!!
Here is my submission. I used a bunch of cardstock stickers from Stash and the sheet is from the Gone Girl Challenge !! Thank you for the challenge, I may have got the idea on how to use a lot of stickers !!Lol

 

LoreenC
Sweet Cherry Pie
 
Posts: 1044
Layouts: 153
Location: Arizona

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby Krystle » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:23 pm

LoreenC wrote:Congratulations on being a Guest Designer!! This is a Great Challenge!!
Here is my submission. I used a bunch of cardstock stickers from Stash and the sheet is from the Gone Girl Challenge !! Thank you for the challenge, I may have got the idea on how to use a lot of stickers !!Lol


 

What a great cluster!  Glad you enjoyed the challenge.

Krystle
Cherry Berry
 
Posts: 984
Layouts: 222

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby KrazSparkle » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:54 pm

the photo is on the pop ups, and there is layering under the photo. 
(Kristi) When life gives you scraps, make something with them.  ~Author Unknown

KrazSparkle
Cherry Picker
 
Posts: 563
Layouts: 189
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: GD Challenge #1

Postby emmapaige » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:45 pm

This is mine - I layered embellies on the right side under the photo.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 
 

emmapaige
Cherry Cropper
 
Posts: 11419
Layouts: 820
Location: Eagleville PA

Next

Return to Contests & Challenges



Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat