Summer 2018 Motivation Challenge!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Summer 2018 Motivation Challenge!

Postby beachlover » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:29 am

Okay, I gave us all a break in May with iNDS and all.  But we need to get the Motivation Challenge going again.
Remember this is a challenge for points.  

So from now until Sunday Sept. 9th at midnight EST, your challenge is to find a project that you need to complete and GET IT DONE!! 
If you finish one project and want to start another, DO IT!!

Save a spot here and list the project, then each time you complete a LO (or card if you make cards), come back and add it to your thread.
If you complete a project and want to work on completing another - start another thread and note that it is a second project!

Does it make sense?  The idea is to get those unfinished projects done!  Me, I am in the middle of 3 recipe albums, 2 baby albums, 2 wedding and 2 misc.  
ALSO, THESE DEFINITELY CAN BE COMBINED WITH ANY MONTHLY CHALLENGE THAT IS ALLOWED BY THAT CHALLENGE HOSTESS!!

Points will be awarded to the top 3 winners.   Any Cherry wishing to add gifts (RAK's, GC's) to this Challenge are more than welcome!!
Let's have fun and get MOTIVATED!!!  

Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!

view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Layouts: 1041

Re: Summer 2018 Motivation Challenge!

Postby traveler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:34 am

I want to finish:

1. London trip

2. Benjamin's middle school album (he graduates this month)

3. Sophomore year of Zach's high school - there isn't much to scrap there, but his first job, maybe the school award ceremony and his sophomore field trip it he took any photos and actually shares them with me.
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 187

Postby scrappinmom99 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:52 am

I don't know how to handle this. Literally everything I have is unfinished. I have been scrapping since 2000 and have NEVER COMPLETED AN ALBUM!!! This is my dirty secret. I just have layouts in boxes all over the place. I need to get a handle on that. Also I am terrible at printing out pictures.

Hmmm...maybe I'll go with the 8x11 album of pictures of my kids with Santa. It is mostly done. Out of 18 years worth of pictures (yes, my 18yo will literally still pose with Santa for me even if it was an inflatable Santa like we had to settle for last year LOL! ), about half are done. Every year I say I'm going to finish it so I can put it out fully done and every year it ends up out with the pics in the right spot but no layout done. The more I type, the more I'm ashamed ROFLMAO!!! 

OKAY YES I AM COMMITTED TO IT THIS YEAR!!!  I want to finish our Santa Album....

-------------
So here are the pics to be scrapped. The one with DD in white and the one with the inflatable Santa (rofl) are color printouts so I need to order 5x7s of that. And if anybody has good 8x11 sketches with 5x7 photos..........send 'em my way LOL!

Last edited by scrappinmom99 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Layouts: 651

Postby scrappinmom99 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:53 am

3. Sophomore year of Zach's high school - there isn't much to scrap there, but his first job, maybe the school award ceremony and his sophomore field trip it he took any photos and actually shares them with me.

I have a teen and a tween so I can relate..."if they share with me"!!!! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Postby CarrieG » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:18 am

1)  I have a stack of photos I need to go thru and do at least 5 layouts from......they are random photos that I have just pushed to the side

CarrieG
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 881

Postby beachlover » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:25 am

trainmom wrote:I want to finish:

1. London trip

2. Benjamin's middle school album (he graduates this month)

Excellent!!!  

view my blog (new)

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Postby beachlover » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:26 am

CarrieG wrote:1)  I have a stack of photos I need to go thru and do at least 5 layouts from......they are random photos that I have just pushed to the side

Yes!!!  

view my blog (new)

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Postby beachlover » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:27 am

scrappinmom99 wrote:

I get most of my grandkids' photos now  by stealing them off daughter-in-law's FB and Instagrm pages!

view my blog (new)

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Postby beachlover » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:30 am

I scrappinmom99 wrote:I don't know how to handle this. Literally everything I have is unfinished. I have been scrapping since 2000 and have NEVER COMPLETED AN ALBUM!!! This is my dirty secret. I just have layouts in boxes all over the place. I need to get a handle on that. Also I am terrible at printing out pictures.

Hmmm...maybe I'll go with the 8x11 album of pictures of my kids with Santa. It is mostly done. Out of 18 years worth of pictures (yes, my 18yo will literally still pose with Santa for me even if it was an inflatable Santa like we had to settle for last year LOL! ), about half are done. Every year I say I'm going to finish it so I can put it out fully done and every year it ends up out with the pics in the right spot but no layout done. The more I type, the more I'm ashamed ROFLMAO!!! 

OKAY YES I AM COMMITTED TO IT THIS YEAR!!!  I want to finish our Santa Album....

view my blog (new)

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Postby traveler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:38 am

If you complete a project and want to work on completing another - start another thread and note that it is a second project!

I put 3 projects into one post. Should I separate them when I actually do them?
Louise

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie

Postby scrappinmom99 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:40 am

beachlover wrote:
scrappinmom99 wrote:

I get most of my grandkids' photos now  by stealing them off daughter-in-law's FB and Instagrm pages!

My daughter doesn't have FB but does do Instagram. how do you get them off Instagram? It doesn't seem to be the right click and copy? My son has both but rarely uses FB. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Postby joannie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:46 am

I need to finish:
1.  Kyle's Graduation Party pages(6)
2.  Bri's Graduation Party pages (2)
3.  Grade 7 Abby's School Album
4.  Grade 8 Abby's School Album
5.  Grade 9  Abby's School Album
6.  Grade 10 Abby's School Album

joannie
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 1211

Postby CarrieG » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:54 am

My daughter doesn't have FB but does do Instagram. how do you get them off Instagram? It doesn't seem to be the right click and copy? My son has both but rarely uses FB. 

I screen shot them and then edit or I just get them printed and crop later

CarrieG
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 881

Postby scrappinmom99 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:04 pm

CarrieG wrote:My daughter doesn't have FB but does do Instagram. how do you get them off Instagram? It doesn't seem to be the right click and copy? My son has both but rarely uses FB. 

On the phone or computer? I think I know how to do screenshots on the phone.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Postby traveler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:33 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
CarrieG wrote:My daughter doesn't have FB but does do Instagram. how do you get them off Instagram? It doesn't seem to be the right click and copy? My son has both but rarely uses FB. 

On the phone or computer? I think I know how to do screenshots on the phone.

My son doesn't really post much to instagram and never to FB. I have done the same things with instagram, you want to do it with a computer as the phone will have much less resolution. I use picasa on my computer and when I do a screen shot, it is automatically accessible from picasa so easy to crop down. 
Louise

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie

Postby scrapy1967 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:10 pm

I want to finish my December album. I’m always way beh8nd and usually finish it in July. I’m going a bit similar this year so I can ge5 it done quicker. 

scrapy1967
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 1275

Postby KrazSparkle » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:20 pm

I have two,

1- My girl scout trip to GA in 2016, its almost done but I just need to do it.

2 - My daughters homecoming. Its only like 4 or  pages but im dragging my feet.
Last edited by KrazSparkle on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Kristi) When life gives you scraps, make something with them.  ~Author Unknown

KrazSparkle
Cherry Picker

Layouts: 217

Postby sherelm » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:10 pm

I'll save a spot here. Just today I spent the afternoon finding supplies with photos I had packed for crops. Lots of them!

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 517

Postby beachlover » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:39 am

trainmom wrote:

I put 3 projects into one post. Should I separate them when I actually do them?

/
If you can...  it may make it easier for me to count totals at the end

view my blog (new)

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Postby shoorn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:21 pm

I want to finish:
   1. My DS's 1974 - early 75 album (not too many pages left depending on where I stop). This will be a Christmas present
   2. DGD's older photos - 2002 - 2004 visits 
   3. Our 2017 - February (Holt - zoo, Destin - beach & anniversary) 

Do I separate these into 3 threads? Wait just read your reply. I will separate them as I do them
Hi everyone!       My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

shoorn
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 1107

Next

Return to Contests & Challenges

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat