Give the perfect gift! Gift Cards and instant e-Gift cards From ACherryOnTop.com. Click for details

Missing my ACOT Cherries

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Missing my ACOT Cherries

Postby blfonty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:45 pm

I have been dealing with kidney stones over the past month and after two surgeries to break up the stones, I'm finally turning the corner to recovery. I have missed being online and keeping up with all of you! Hope to get back to scrapping soon.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie
  ***Cherry Bomb***

blfonty
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 443

Re: Missing my ACOT Cherries

Postby Deanna13 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:53 pm

WOW! I feel for you! I've been through that a couple of times and the last was pretty bad with ecoli and sepsis. They found it hard to find a vein so it was difficult to get the antibiotic in. I was a total mess and thankfully that's all behind me.

So glad to hear you're on the road to recovery and hope it all goes well! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and sending big hugs, Bonnie!

It has been rather quiet around here lately.

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2153

Postby suewho372 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Oh Bonnie! That is rough! I sure hope all of the pain is behind you and that you are back to feeling good again soon! My friends dh went through a couple surgeries for the same a couple months ago and it was terrible! I feel for you- I hear it’s horrible pain. I’m so sorry 
prayers for a quick recovery, I hope you are able to scrap again very soon! I’m a big fan of your work!!!
Susan

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 620

Postby blfonty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Deanna13 wrote:WOW! I feel for you! I've been through that a couple of times and the last was pretty bad with ecoli and sepsis. They found it hard to find a vein so it was difficult to get the antibiotic in. I was a total mess and thankfully that's all behind me.

So glad to hear you're on the road to recovery and hope it all goes well! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and sending big hugs, Bonnie!

It has been rather quiet around here lately.

Thank you Deanna. I had an allergic reaction to the Sulpha antibiotic, but doing better each day. Working with a new doctor to try and avoid any future stones, too.

blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie
  ***Cherry Bomb***

blfonty
Cherry Bomb

Postby blfonty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:59 pm

suewho372 wrote:Oh Bonnie! That is rough! I sure hope all of the pain is behind you and that you are back to feeling good again soon! My friends dh went through a couple surgeries for the same a couple months ago and it was terrible! I feel for you- I hear it’s horrible pain. I’m so sorry 
prayers for a quick recovery, I hope you are able to scrap again very soon! I’m a big fan of your work!!!

Thank you Susan! The surgeries to breakup the stones and insert stents were very difficult. Really wouldn't want to repeat this pattern again.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie
  ***Cherry Bomb***

blfonty
Cherry Bomb

Postby joannie » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:18 pm

Glad to see you back amongst us!! I haven't had any issues with kidney stones and I don't want to!! (knock on wood!) But I'm so glad you are feeling better!!  

joannie
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 1093

Postby emmapaige » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Oh no, Bonnie.  I never had them but my DH had them several years ago and know how painful they were. 

Hope you feel better enough to join us in the challenges again!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 721

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:30 am

Oh Bonnie! I'm so sorry that you having to deal with kidney stones. And 2 surgeries! Hope you are resting and listening to your doctor's (I know...easier said than done). Glad you are on the mend. Miss seeing you around!!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2525

Postby sdwhru » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Kidney stones are awful, hopefully you will recover soon.
Becca

sdwhru
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 325

Postby Shutterbug » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Glad you are starting to feel better. Take care of yourself.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 452

Postby shoorn » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Wow - sorry to hear that. Kidney stones are painful (understatement).  I  had some problems a year ago. Hope you are back to normal soon!
Hi everyone!       My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

shoorn
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 972

Postby Sandi0805 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Sorry to hear of that you've been sick.  Glad that you are feeling better and can't wait to see some of your layouts again.

Sandi0805
Cherry Jubilee

Layouts: 1331

Postby average_kim » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:14 am

Hi Bonnie! Sorry you've been sick, but hope that will take care of the kidney stones, and that you won't have any more trouble with them. Hugs!
Kim

average_kim
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 815

Postby oceanbreezes423 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:57 am

I pray the worst is behind you, and that soon you will feel 100% and be back to play. Take care of you!
Susan

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 1354

Postby 1scrappymom » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:14 pm

I'm so sorry you've had to go through that.  I had surgery for kidney stones back in April and it was a mess.  I find the older i get the less quickly I bounce back.  So glad you are on the mend!!!
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 365

Postby killarney_rose » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:57 pm

Bonnie, I have no idea what you went through but can only relate to caring for my husband and two  cases with one surgery.  His pain was out of site horrible even on morphine.  Get well soon and my prayers are with you!
http://texassantagertrudis.blogspot.com

Alum Design Team

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 356

Postby Linda S. » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Sorry to hear about your kidney stones and how painful they were. I'm happy to hear your on the mend!

Linda S.
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 298

Postby blfonty » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:05 pm

Thank you all for your well wishes for my recovery. I feel stronger every day and hope to return to work on Monday. Maybe even some scrapping today or tomorrow...
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie
  ***Cherry Bomb***

blfonty
Cherry Bomb

Postby pawprints » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:32 am

Bonnie I feel so bad to hear what you have been going through. Both my dh and my ds have had kidney stones, very large ones, and it was awful for both of them. They are both now on medication to help prevent future stones. And I am allergic to the sulfa drugs too. Terrible reaction with rash and hives. Just awful. I am glad that the worst is behind you and you are getting better every day. Glad to see you back and looking forward to seeing you scrapping again!

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 579

Postby JillinIN » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 am

I'm sorry to hear this. Kidney stones are so painful. Sending healing thoughts your way. It's good to hear from you. I hope you are able to be online more often now.
Jill

JillinIN
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 257

Next

Return to Scrapbooking Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat