Give the perfect gift! Gift Cards and instant e-Gift cards From ACherryOnTop.com. Click for details

ughh..vinyl

Moderator: ACOT Employee

ughh..vinyl

Postby cort » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Anyone else having some crafting disasters this weekend??  I swear sometimes it is just better to stay away from things.  Tried applying vinyl to a Christmas ball and it is so full of wrinkles, it looks awful.  I had to put it down, save that project for a day when I have more patience! (oh who am i kidding, the day i have more patience will never come)

cort
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 91

Re: ughh..vinyl

Postby karensay » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:20 pm

I put vinyl on a flat surface (shadowbox) and it is off center.  Guess it takes practice.  Don't give up.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 178

Postby average_kim » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:59 am

I tried vinyl on a Christmas ball once,  and it was bad ... the curve is both ways/ or all around, and I gave up. Made the image smaller... but if I try it again, I'll get the ones with flat sides  ...
Kim

average_kim
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 815

Postby cort » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:02 pm

karensay wrote:I put vinyl on a flat surface (shadowbox) and it is off center.  Guess it takes practice.  Don't give up.

Oh I am horrible at centering things too!  I usually have the DH take a look, he has an eye for that sort of thing!

cort
Cherry Bing

Postby cort » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:05 pm

average_kim wrote:I tried vinyl on a Christmas ball once,  and it was bad ... the curve is both ways/ or all around, and I gave up. Made the image smaller... but if I try it again, I'll get the ones with flat sides  ...

Apparently there are ways to warp the files that i have,but of course I don't have that particular version of the software!  I managed to get one made a few weeks ago and had success, but I have found that the new design isn't transferring well. 

cort
Cherry Bing

Return to Scrapbooking Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat