Scrap A Day, December 9th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Scrap A Day, December 9th

Postby blbabe1234 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:18 am

Good morning cherries! Up early this cold Saturday morning. The babies got up at 5:45am....that's DH's alarm on some days during the week, and they don't know the difference between a weekday and weekend. Not yet anyways. LOL. So everyone has been fed and got towels in the washer already. Hoping to squeeze in a nap later today before we have to leave for DH's company Christmas party later this evening!

Who has scrappy plans for today? I sure hope I can scrap. Bene wanting to all week just never got a chance to.

If you're needing inspiration, check out Sketches in Thyme's latest sketch, by our very own Sara M:

I immediately fell in love with the white space and the large title. And here is my take on it:

My babies! Look how little they were!

This will be my last layout for Sketches in Thyme as a DT member. Its been very difficult for me to stay on top of my assignments the last few months, so I've decided to step down. It wasn't a decision made lightly but so much stuff has happened lately, I was starting to stress out. And that's not good. But mayve I can play along next year when things get better.
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Layouts: 2569

Re: Scrap A Day, December 9th

Postby karensay » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:27 am

Sometimes, you just need to take a break.  

I am actually in my scrap room!  I am moving things around (pile to pile).  I would love to finish the pages I have on the table, but I am just not happy with what is there and I have no idea what to do next.  I might just stick it all down as it is and move on.

Need to get family/friends Christmas Cards addressed and in the mail.  

DD is Marching (High School Band) in the the Lights of Lugoff parade tonight.  It is at night and all participants wear lights or decorate with lights.  It is going to be pretty cold out.  I heard there were 45,000 people last year watching!  Really?
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 197

Postby Deanna13 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:48 am

Beautiful work with that sketch, Brandy!! 

It's really cold here, about 25 degrees. brrrr..... I've been scrapping this morning and trying to get a few challenges done. Need to start wrapping gifts and do alittle each day. 

Have a good day, everyone! 

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 2244

Postby MTCanuk » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:57 am

Your layout is so adorable!  
I am sure you will appreciate the break from the DT and not feel so stressed!
 This is suppose to be a relaxing outlet for you!
not sure where my day will take me.  Need to finish addressing cards for sure.  
And maybe get a couple of gifts wrapped up too!!!
The 2 boxes that needed to be shipped oot have gone!  
We just need to make a trip to DH parents while the weather is still good!
DH can't seem to get motivated to get our lights up this year!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

MTCanuk
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 483

Postby emmapaige » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:35 pm

Great sketch and wonderful interpretation, Brandy.

I actually scrapped this morning because it is snowing and which mean scrapping!!  But it's not really snowing that much so I'm headed off to the shower and then we're running out to pick up some kind of dessert for a party we are going to tomorrow. 

I did this one for the December Title Challenge.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 767

Postby emmapaige » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Brandy, I had seen earlier you were going to be stepping down from SIT but didn't want to say anything until you did.  We hate to see you leave but it's totally understandable.  I feel that I've taken on more than I can handle at times, too.  When I said I would be the Team Leader for Team 1, I had no idea how much time would be involved.  But at least I've learned out to do stuff on Blogger that I didn't know before!  LOL!! 

I hope things calm down a little for you and you can play along next year! xoxo
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 767

Postby pawprints » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Brandy I love your layout and what a great take on the sketch! You did a fantastic job with it! I am sorry to see you stepping down from the DT but when it becomes stressful to scrap a page then you know it's time for a break.

No scrapping for me today. It started snowing much later than they said so it has only started accumulating the last few hours. Not too much down yet. The girls have been out in it a few times already and of course they love it. I was expecting to be able to take pics of them plowing through it by now but not enough down yet. Today is a stay in day (yay) and I'll be working on wrapping presents and putting up our tree.

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Layouts: 591

Postby beachlover » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Happy Saturday Cherries,

at a crop and watching the snow from thre 
 Windows across the room. 

Brandy and Chris ove your ayouts and think I will use your sketch for one today Brandy!  ,
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!

view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Layouts: 1023

Postby suewho372 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi Cherries! I have been mia for the last few days. Work was crazy busy and then Thurs had to take memphy in to the vet. She has several things, some that are not great. Most immediate she has a horrible infection and they don’t know what caused it. So for the past 2 days she has barely moved. Today she wagged her tail and greeted me at the door. That was very encouraging to see. So pretty much everything for me has been on hold until today when I needed to go to Walmart and needed to get a few extra grocery things. My group at church was also ringing the bell so I thought I would do that. So when I got home that was an amazing surprise. 
Dont know if I will get to scrap. Was really looking forward to it last week and to work on a few of my dec pages. 
But you know how that changes with life. 
Brandy yeo you need a break- I know they will really miss you there . You can always go back when things slow down. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous!!! Have fun at your party!
chris I love your layout too!!!! So beautiful! 
Im on the couch now and just watching hallmark Christmas movies lol, and doing laundry. Maybe I can get motivated to scrap. Maybe I will take a nap. Memphy is sleeping again. 
Have a great Saturday afternoon! 
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 660

Return to Scrapbooking Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat