Scrap A Day, January 16th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby blbabe1234 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:35 am

Good morning cherries! Hope everyone stays warm today. I think Mother Nature is off her meds AND drunk. Seriously. South Texas hit a high of 76 degrees yesterday. Front came barrelling in and at 7am, it was 38 degrees wihth wind chill of 17. WInds 50+ mph and rain. Its supposed to turn into sleet later today and eventually ice.

Anyways, I have my Day 16 layout ready to go. Its for the Rewind Challenge (Dec Music Challenge)

~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 60711
Layouts: 2651
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby CarrieG » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:18 am

eeek Brandy...we got spared the ice/sleet etc but we woke up to 5 degrees with a -12 windchill............NO NO NO NO  I heard that the ice and sleet has started around Austin............

yesterday my middle DD who likes in OKC said she showered, threw her hair in a bun to go to the store.....by the time she was at the car her hair was frozen hard...haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

hoping to scrap but I do have a busy Tuesday disguised as a Monday............weeeeeeeeeeeee

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
 
Posts: 6919
Layouts: 879
Location: Texas

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby blbabe1234 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:24 am

CarrieG wrote:eeek Brandy...we got spared the ice/sleet etc but we woke up to 5 degrees with a -12 windchill............NO NO NO NO  I heard that the ice and sleet has started around Austin............

yesterday my middle DD who likes in OKC said she showered, threw her hair in a bun to go to the store.....by the time she was at the car her hair was frozen hard...haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

hoping to scrap but I do have a busy Tuesday disguised as a Monday............weeeeeeeeeeeee
 

Texans did NOT sign up for this kind of winter! Our "normal" temps are 40 for lows....60's for highs.

OMG...frozen hair! Wow!
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 60711
Layouts: 2651
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby beachlover » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:30 am

Ugh girls!  Texas is wild and wicked with the weather!  It is colder there right now than NJ.  We are getting a supposed snow storm (1-3 inches) around dinner time then early tomorrow some more.  THEN it will be in the 50's by the weekend.
I absolutely hate going out when its so cold, so I avoid making any plans that I can.  No social commitments, lol.  And groceries, dr, any necessities I do right after work because once I get home, I hibernate until the next day!  So, very grateful that it will warm up because I am going to a crop this weekend.  Super excited.  And trying to figure out what I will work on.  I need to catch up with the 30/30's but may take my stuff to do my DD-less stuff to pack if I stick to one theme.

Gotta go home today and upload what I  did over the weekend, then finish one that is on my desk.  So yes, I will be scrapping today.

Wishing everyone a great day!  
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

 

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
 
Posts: 23693
Layouts: 1041
Location: NJ

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby suewho372 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:32 am

Good morning! We got about 3.5 inches of snow at my house. The roads of course were packed down and turned to ice overnight. EEEK ! so work was on 2 hour start delay...   I got there about an hour after my regular time. The roads were icy! It was also -10 with windchill here when I got up! At 9:30 it is -4! BRRRRRR   
All is good otherwise. I had a great time playing with the puppies in the snow yesterday! So YES I will have MORE Winter submissions Deanna!!!  

Here is my day 16 for the 30/30.  Still working on my Dec Daily!  No photos but I loved ALL these little cards ! 

Susan


                                 Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
 
Posts: 9042
Layouts: 688
Location: Missouri

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby blbabe1234 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:35 am

beachlover wrote:Ugh girls!  Texas is wild and wicked with the weather!  It is colder there right now than NJ.  We are getting a supposed snow storm (1-3 inches) around dinner time then early tomorrow some more.  THEN it will be in the 50's by the weekend.
I absolutely hate going out when its so cold, so I avoid making any plans that I can.  No social commitments, lol.  And groceries, dr, any necessities I do right after work because once I get home, I hibernate until the next day!  So, very grateful that it will warm up because I am going to a crop this weekend.  Super excited.  And trying to figure out what I will work on.  I need to catch up with the 30/30's but may take my stuff to do my DD-less stuff to pack if I stick to one theme.

Gotta go home today and upload what I  did over the weekend, then finish one that is on my desk.  So yes, I will be scrapping today.

Wishing everyone a great day!  
 

Hi Ann! That's what we're talking about! And just think! Almost 5 months ago....we had a CAT 4 Hurricane barrel thru! Crazy!
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 60711
Layouts: 2651
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby blbabe1234 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:38 am

suewho372 wrote:Good morning! We got about 3.5 inches of snow at my house. The roads of course were packed down and turned to ice overnight. EEEK ! so work was on 2 hour start delay...   I got there about an hour after my regular time. The roads were icy! It was also -10 with windchill here when I got up! At 9:30 it is -4! BRRRRRR   
All is good otherwise. I had a great time playing with the puppies in the snow yesterday! So YES I will have MORE Winter submissions Deanna!!!  

Here is my day 16 for the 30/30.  Still working on my Dec Daily!  No photos but I loved ALL these little cards ! 


 

Glad you made it safe to work Susan. Be careful going home later.

SUPER cute pocket page
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 60711
Layouts: 2651
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby Berta R. » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Oh my gosh, Brandy that really is crazy weather change!  Mother Nature definitely sounds like she's PMSing!  Sounds like a lot of you are really suffering with the COLD!  Hope you all are finding ways to stay warm.  It's not that cold here.  Lows in the 40s and highs in the 50s and 60s. 

I am scrapping today.  This is what I finished last night close to midnight.  Yea, I'm kind of a night owl.  LOL!     One of the perks of being retired.

***Berta***

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
 
Posts: 2223
Layouts: 443
Location: Northern CA

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby Deanna13 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Hey everyone! It's been snowing all night and all morning here! Seems there's no end in sight and it's only 22 degrees. No school anywhere in the area. They haven't even sent out any cinder/salt trucks or snowplows and I am totally snowed in. DH did make it out to work this morning at 4:30 am and I'm just hoping he can make it back home safely this evening. 

I'm just planning on scrapping the day away and I just might get a puzzle out to work on. It gets kind of lonely around here all day long, especially knowing there's no way I can get the car out.

Stay warm everyone! 


Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
 
Posts: 31457
Layouts: 2448
Location: Southeastern Ohio

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby blbabe1234 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:44 pm

GmaBerta wrote:Oh my gosh, Brandy that really is crazy weather change!  Mother Nature definitely sounds like she's PMSing!  Sounds like a lot of you are really suffering with the COLD!  Hope you all are finding ways to stay warm.  It's not that cold here.  Lows in the 40s and highs in the 50s and 60s. 

I am scrapping today.  This is what I finished last night close to midnight.  Yea, I'm kind of a night owl.  LOL!     One of the perks of being retired.


 

Those are our normal temps. But not this winter. Boo!!

Gorgeous layout. Love the different paper you used Berta
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 60711
Layouts: 2651
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby blbabe1234 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:52 pm

Deanna13 wrote:Hey everyone! It's been snowing all night and all morning here! Seems there's no end in sight and it's only 22 degrees. No school anywhere in the area. They haven't even sent out any cinder/salt trucks or snowplows and I am totally snowed in. DH did make it out to work this morning at 4:30 am and I'm just hoping he can make it back home safely this evening. 

I'm just planning on scrapping the day away and I just might get a puzzle out to work on. It gets kind of lonely around here all day long, especially knowing there's no way I can get the car out.

Stay warm everyone! 
 

Oh Deanna! So sorry for all that snow. You can always move down to Florida. I'd say  South Texas..but well..we do get ugly winter weather too! Hope you hubby makes it home okay
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 60711
Layouts: 2651
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby Deanna13 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:00 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Deanna13 wrote:Hey everyone! It's been snowing all night and all morning here! Seems there's no end in sight and it's only 22 degrees. No school anywhere in the area. They haven't even sent out any cinder/salt trucks or snowplows and I am totally snowed in. DH did make it out to work this morning at 4:30 am and I'm just hoping he can make it back home safely this evening. 

I'm just planning on scrapping the day away and I just might get a puzzle out to work on. It gets kind of lonely around here all day long, especially knowing there's no way I can get the car out.

Stay warm everyone! 


 

Oh Deanna! So sorry for all that snow. You can always move down to Florida. I'd say  South Texas..but well..we do get ugly winter weather too! Hope you hubby makes it home okay

I'd definitely love to move south, Brandy. Especially in the Caribbean, but I doubt that's in my future. 

I usually don't mind 'some' Winter and Snow, but this has dragged on for weeks and it's so cold that the grandkids really can't get out in it much and have fun. 


Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
 
Posts: 31457
Layouts: 2448
Location: Southeastern Ohio

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby mgehrke » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Hey Cherries - I feel for everyone in warmer areas that is getting hit with all this cold. Here I guess you can say it's normal to be cold, but not as cold as its been. Today is supposed to be the last "cold" day and will start to warm up tomorrow. Now for us.......20 degrees this time of year is warm and hopefully by the weekend it will be 40. These are not our normal temps but I surely am not going to complain. Anything beats below zero temps.

Any way - I am hoping to scrap when I get home from work. I'm off to see what today's 30/30 is about. Please stay safe and warm
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 53, 31 and 25) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn.




mgehrke
Wild Cherry
 
Posts: 17863
Layouts: 1251
Location: Minnesota

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby blbabe1234 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 pm

mgehrke wrote:Hey Cherries - I feel for everyone in warmer areas that is getting hit with all this cold. Here I guess you can say it's normal to be cold, but not as cold as its been. Today is supposed to be the last "cold" day and will start to warm up tomorrow. Now for us.......20 degrees this time of year is warm and hopefully by the weekend it will be 40. These are not our normal temps but I surely am not going to complain. Anything beats below zero temps.

Any way - I am hoping to scrap when I get home from work. I'm off to see what today's 30/30 is about. Please stay safe and warm
 

Thanks Mildred. IDK how ya'll northern gals do it. Alot of places are closing today. Schools closed today and my client her doors this afternoon at 1pm. DH comes home at 3 today (2 hrs early). It'll be nice to have everyone home
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 60711
Layouts: 2651
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby mgehrke » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:21 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
mgehrke wrote:Hey Cherries - I feel for everyone in warmer areas that is getting hit with all this cold. Here I guess you can say it's normal to be cold, but not as cold as its been. Today is supposed to be the last "cold" day and will start to warm up tomorrow. Now for us.......20 degrees this time of year is warm and hopefully by the weekend it will be 40. These are not our normal temps but I surely am not going to complain. Anything beats below zero temps.

Any way - I am hoping to scrap when I get home from work. I'm off to see what today's 30/30 is about. Please stay safe and warm

 

Thanks Mildred. IDK how ya'll northern gals do it. Alot of places are closing today. Schools closed today and my client her doors this afternoon at 1pm. DH comes home at 3 today (2 hrs early). It'll be nice to have everyone home

I joke that as the temps get lower our blood thickens......LOL Nothing around here closes for the temps unless we are having dangerous wind chills. Otherwise it's business/school as usual. 
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 53, 31 and 25) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn.




mgehrke
Wild Cherry
 
Posts: 17863
Layouts: 1251
Location: Minnesota

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby mgehrke » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:22 pm

 Awwww......Brandy - I couldn't see your LO when I was at work. Now when I look back I noticed Mr Jeffery and the girls
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 53, 31 and 25) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn.




mgehrke
Wild Cherry
 
Posts: 17863
Layouts: 1251
Location: Minnesota

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby emmapaige » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:56 pm

WOW - such crazy weather.  It was beautiful today but tonight we are expecting some snow tonight and tomorrow.  I'm hoping it won't amount to much because I'm supposed to go to my 2nd Weight Watcher's Meeting tomorrow.  Plus DH and I have a rescheduled hair appointments tomorrow (we had to cancel last week since he had a doctor appointment at the same time).

Anyway, I never finished a layout today.  I went to Planet Fitness and then the grocery store.  Took the food home and then DH and I went to meet my step-son for lunch AND he picked up the tab - first time ever!! Then we went to BJ's and Target. So I worked on my Day 15 layout a little more and when the mail came, paid some bills.  Now I've got to go make dinner.  I thought I'd have all this extra time when I retired, but it doesn't seem to be happening.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 
 

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
 
Posts: 12349
Layouts: 875
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby blfonty » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Today is a day of remembrance - my daughter's birthday...she would have been 37 years old if she was still with us. I have been busy today and just thinking of happy memories of her and her sweet laughter.


I got together with some fellow scrappers yesterday and actually worked on two pages for my great niece's album - Just hanging out and Oh Snap!. Uploaded them today as I got home early. Our weather has gone from warm to frigid, too. The snow flurries started about 1:00 p.m. and I was home by 2:30 or so. Bracing for a cold night and maybe another day at home, depending on ice covered roads in the morning. It may be another great day for scrapping...


 
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie               

blfonty
Cherry Garcia
 
Posts: 4162
Layouts: 511
Location: East Tennessee

Re: Scrap A Day, January 16th

Postby mgehrke » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:47 pm

Bonnie I am so sorry for you loss. Your pages are beautiful.

I did this one for today's 30/30 Challenge. I 'might' not have enough hearts......LOL

Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 53, 31 and 25) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn.




mgehrke
Wild Cherry
 
Posts: 17863
Layouts: 1251
Location: Minnesota


Return to Scrapbooking Talk



Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat