Scrap A Day, January 19th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:32 pm

Good morning cherries! Its a cold and dreary day here and I just posted Day 19 of 30/30. You can find it here.

And here is my layout for today. Manufacture Challenge and Use Your Stash challenge

~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 61118
Layouts: 2683
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby mgehrke » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:08 pm

What a cute LO Brandy. Check out the PM I sent you.

I'm hoping to scrap today after work or maybe during lunch if Orahn is sleeping. DD#2 might get off work early and come hang out at our house. If she does, then scrapping has to be put on hold. I only got one page done last night, so I am still 2 behind for the daily challenges. Also this weekend might not be a bust for scrapping too since we will have company and Orahn is having a slumber party here. Not sure what time his parents pick him up on Sunday, so I will have to play it by ear.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 53, 31 and 25) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn.




mgehrke
Wild Cherry
 
Posts: 17888
Layouts: 1253
Location: Minnesota

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby Berta R. » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Gotta love the slumber parties, Mildred!  Our DGDs who are teenagers now still like having friends over at OUR house.  Had a house full just 2 weeks ago. 

Love your kitty photo, Brandy.  Too funny! 

WOOHOO!  It's a beautiful sunny day here today!!   Don't know how long it will last but I'll take what I can get!  I plan to scrap today!  Have a plan in my head for today's 30/30. 
Here's a LO I finished last night just for fun (2 of my great grandsons)

***Berta***

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
 
Posts: 2234
Layouts: 443
Location: Northern CA

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby emarie803 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Cute LO Brandy!

No scrapping for me today, I am trying to get some boxes sorted through while Monkey plays with some puzzles, but took a break to file my taxes and pop in here to say hi . It has been a very busy week for me. Last Friday was my last day at work in Abilene. Saturday, my dad hooked up the trailer to his truck and drove 700+ miles back to Colorado. Sunday, we unloaded the trailer and I started to unpack a few boxes. There isn't much room for my stuff, so I am having to figure out what is going to stay in the room with me and monkey, and what is being stored in the basement. I brought almost all of Monkey's stuff so that the transition will be easier for him.  On fb, I joined in Melody Ross' Soul Shaker (I can't pay for the actual class, but the fb group is free and for anyone who wants to follow along). It is about simplyfing down your life so that you can find your true self. I wish I could buy the class, but right now money is sooooo tight...but being able to follow along in the group is helping me also!
I had to go do new hire paperwork and a health screen for the new job, I found Monkey a daycare (OMG daycare is expensive...!!!) and he starts on Monday when I go to hospital orientation. I was hoping for part time day care as I only work 2-3 12 hr shifts during the week (some shifts will be on the weekend so my mom will watch him) but this place only does full time. It will be great for him to have that routine and experience, but hard on my wallet. My parents are working on helping me get a car so that I can get to and from work much easier as they live a good 45 miles away from where I will be working and they are going to be the primary ones taking and picking up from daycare on the days I work. Thank God for them!!! I don't see how single parents with no support do it- my hat is off to them.
I have spent this past week trying to balance getting everything I need done along with spending lots of time playing with Monkey as he is having a hard time with the fact that his daddy is not here with him.
I am hoping in the next week to get to my scrappy stuff and make a couple LOs and hopefully distress a bit!

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
 
Posts: 14742
Layouts: 689
Location: West Texas

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby Deanna13 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Hey everyone!! No scrapping for me today. Been busy with DH being off work, got groceries, ran errands, had lunch out. Grandson Brady will be here after school shortly and then DGD Kaylee has a basketball game to cheer for this evening. 

Have a great day, all!


Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
 
Posts: 31573
Layouts: 2472
Location: Southeastern Ohio

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby CarrieG » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:30 pm

good afternoon!
phew another busy day....babies leave in about an hour tho.,,gotta love days they leave early *wink*..then I have some errands to run.........but I am hoping to scrap tonight...not planning on doing anything else but scrap/be lazy...been a long week
our weather is glorious today...it is 60 degrees out.......was cold this morning but its trying to warm up nice...they are saying could hit 75 tomorrow.....oh my  yay!

 

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
 
Posts: 6989
Layouts: 890
Location: Texas

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby Linda S. » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Beautiful day here too. Temp is 44 above and I have my capris on. Oh I love this weather. I can even see some brown grass, the sun is doing its job.  I finished my layout. Got the sheets changed, clothes washed, dried and put away. Thinking what to do next. Have a great weekend everyone. Brandy and Berta I love those layouts. 

Linda S.
Sweet Cherry Pie
 
Posts: 1982
Layouts: 401
Location: Menahga, MN

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:50 pm

mgehrke wrote:What a cute LO Brandy. Check out the PM I sent you.

I'm hoping to scrap today after work or maybe during lunch if Orahn is sleeping. DD#2 might get off work early and come hang out at our house. If she does, then scrapping has to be put on hold. I only got one page done last night, so I am still 2 behind for the daily challenges. Also this weekend might not be a bust for scrapping too since we will have company and Orahn is having a slumber party here. Not sure what time his parents pick him up on Sunday, so I will have to play it by ear.
 

Replied
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 61118
Layouts: 2683
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:54 pm

GmaBerta wrote:Gotta love the slumber parties, Mildred!  Our DGDs who are teenagers now still like having friends over at OUR house.  Had a house full just 2 weeks ago. 

Love your kitty photo, Brandy.  Too funny! 

WOOHOO!  It's a beautiful sunny day here today!!   Don't know how long it will last but I'll take what I can get!  I plan to scrap today!  Have a plan in my head for today's 30/30. 
Here's a LO I finished last night just for fun (2 of my great grandsons)


 

Sweet layout. Love the different papers
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 61118
Layouts: 2683
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:01 pm

emarie803 wrote:Cute LO Brandy!

No scrapping for me today, I am trying to get some boxes sorted through while Monkey plays with some puzzles, but took a break to file my taxes and pop in here to say hi . It has been a very busy week for me. Last Friday was my last day at work in Abilene. Saturday, my dad hooked up the trailer to his truck and drove 700+ miles back to Colorado. Sunday, we unloaded the trailer and I started to unpack a few boxes. There isn't much room for my stuff, so I am having to figure out what is going to stay in the room with me and monkey, and what is being stored in the basement. I brought almost all of Monkey's stuff so that the transition will be easier for him.  On fb, I joined in Melody Ross' Soul Shaker (I can't pay for the actual class, but the fb group is free and for anyone who wants to follow along). It is about simplyfing down your life so that you can find your true self. I wish I could buy the class, but right now money is sooooo tight...but being able to follow along in the group is helping me also!
I had to go do new hire paperwork and a health screen for the new job, I found Monkey a daycare (OMG daycare is expensive...!!!) and he starts on Monday when I go to hospital orientation. I was hoping for part time day care as I only work 2-3 12 hr shifts during the week (some shifts will be on the weekend so my mom will watch him) but this place only does full time. It will be great for him to have that routine and experience, but hard on my wallet. My parents are working on helping me get a car so that I can get to and from work much easier as they live a good 45 miles away from where I will be working and they are going to be the primary ones taking and picking up from daycare on the days I work. Thank God for them!!! I don't see how single parents with no support do it- my hat is off to them.
I have spent this past week trying to balance getting everything I need done along with spending lots of time playing with Monkey as he is having a hard time with the fact that his daddy is not here with him.
I am hoping in the next week to get to my scrappy stuff and make a couple LOs and hopefully distress a bit!
 

Good luck with your new job. I can't even imagine how much day care is and glad your parents can help you out.
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 61118
Layouts: 2683
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:05 pm

Deanna13 wrote:Hey everyone!! No scrapping for me today. Been busy with DH being off work, got groceries, ran errands, had lunch out. Grandson Brady will be here after school shortly and then DGD Kaylee has a basketball game to cheer for this evening. 

Have a great day, all!
 

Have fun with the grandkids Deanna! I too got groceries this morning
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 61118
Layouts: 2683
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:22 pm

CarrieG wrote:good afternoon!
phew another busy day....babies leave in about an hour tho.,,gotta love days they leave early *wink*..then I have some errands to run.........but I am hoping to scrap tonight...not planning on doing anything else but scrap/be lazy...been a long week
our weather is glorious today...it is 60 degrees out.......was cold this morning but its trying to warm up nice...they are saying could hit 75 tomorrow.....oh my  yay!


 

YESSSS!! They are saying we should hit 70 tomorrow too! OMG I sure hope so! Its sooooooooooo ugly out with the rain.
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 61118
Layouts: 2683
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby blbabe1234 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Linda-1949 wrote:Beautiful day here too. Temp is 44 above and I have my capris on. Oh I love this weather. I can even see some brown grass, the sun is doing its job.  I finished my layout. Got the sheets changed, clothes washed, dried and put away. Thinking what to do next. Have a great weekend everyone. Brandy and Berta I love those layouts. 
 

Glad you're thawing out too!
~ Brandy Williams ~


 
 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
 
Posts: 61118
Layouts: 2683
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, January 19th

Postby Berta R. » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:21 pm

I did this page for todays 30/30.  My son and daughter both work for Lifetouch Photography.  This is what they did for their annual holiday photo.  Journaling..."He said, she said...and they just could NOT agree.  This is why siblings should not work together!" 

***Berta***

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
 
Posts: 2234
Layouts: 443
Location: Northern CA


Return to Scrapbooking Talk



Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat