Click Here to view our Autumn Collections

*Chinese Whispers teams *schedule revised

Moderator: ACOT Employee

*Chinese Whispers teams *schedule revised

Postby joannie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:41 am

Here are our teams!  The first swap day is August 16.   Here is an example: I'm on team 5. I will send my layout to karen c. and I will receive one from emarie803.  And then I'll begin working on lifting her layout for the next swap day!  

Team 1
lissahope26
karensay
1scrappymom
JillinIN

Team 2
Retiree3
blbabe1234
hsblair
sweetsour

Team 3
StacyLee
beachlover
emmapaige
Linda S.

Team 4
KrazSparkle
Sherelm
love2stamp
oceanbreezes423

Team 5
karen c.
scrappinmom99
emarie803
joannie

Again here are the rules!!
Here is how you play:
It's a game that is set up in teams. The 1st week every participant chooses their own sketch and interprets it in a layout. On Swap day you pass your layout not the sketch to the next person in your group/team. You all have a week to interpret that layout in your own style and then swap again. Eventually you would have interpreted everyone's sketch and at the end, as in Chinese whispers you see the differences to each person's original sketch from everyone's perspective. 

KEY POINTS:
**PRIVATE setting must be turned on when uploading your layout to the gallery
**On SWAP day you send an image of your layout by Private Message to the next person on your team
**When swapping the layouts on Swap day, keep the original owner's name in the subject line of your pm
for example: on the first swap day I will name my pm "joannie's layout" and send it to jackie, who is next on my team. When she sends it, she will also name it "joannie's layout". Makes sense?
**Everyone PLEASE try to swap your layouts on time, you don't want to take time away from the next person 

Schedule and Reveal date
August 8 Sign up deadline 
August 9 Teams are announced
August 16 First swap day
August 23 Second swap day
August 30 Third swap day
FRIDAY Sept 8 SWAP AND REVEAL DAY

On REVEAL DAY
You will pm your 3 completed layouts (the layouts  u made) back to the original 3 owners of the sketch (that is why we need to name those pm's). Once the owner receives all 3 layouts from her teammates. I will have made a new post for each team's reveal. You will need to put the layouts in order, by the SKETCH, your layout version, and followed by the others on your team in order (sketch AND  4 layouts).

If you are completely confused...ask me questions. Since this is our first go of this we will probably hit a few bumps!  
Last edited by joannie on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

joannie
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 1072
Re: Chinese Whispers **teams

Postby sherelm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:32 pm

This is going to be fun!  And I'll no doubt screw it up first!!  DUH!!  Thanks for doing this Joannie!

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 471

Postby oceanbreezes423 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:59 pm

I see I am on team 4, slot four. Does that mean that the first sketch goes to the top of the list for me?
Susan

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 1344

Postby blbabe1234 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Awesome..so I work on my layout, and send it to hsblair on August 16th. I receive one from Retiree3 and lift it by Aug 23rd
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234

Layouts: 2505

Postby emmapaige » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:48 pm

I had some time this afternoon so I already created my layout.  With all my hubby's medical challenges, I figured I'd better do it now because who knows what will happen next! 

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

emmapaige
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 685

Postby joannie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:03 pm

oceanbreezes423 wrote:I see I am on team 4, slot four. Does that mean that the first sketch goes to the top of the list for me?

Yes! and I see I left off your "423"....oops!

joannie
Cherry Cropper

Postby joannie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:04 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:Awesome..so I work on my layout, and send it to hsblair on August 16th. I receive one from Retiree3 and lift it by Aug 23rd

Yep!!  I hope I haven't completely confused everyone!

joannie
Cherry Cropper

Postby joannie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:07 pm

emmapaige wrote:I had some time this afternoon so I already created my layout.  With all my hubby's medical challenges, I figured I'd better do it now because who knows what will happen next! 

Let's hope/pray hubby is done with his medical issues!   I got my layout done early too! I knew I'd have company for the next week or two!!  

joannie
Cherry Cropper

Postby scrappinmom99 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Oh how exciting!!! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 549

Postby joannie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:43 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:Oh how exciting!!! 

IKR

joannie
Cherry Cropper

Postby StacyLee » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:36 pm

How fun, Joannie, thanks for all your hard work organizing & explaining.  I have my sketch picked out to work on at a crop this weekend   Shout out to the cherries on Team 3!! LOL 
Stacy

StacyLee
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 346

Postby joannie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:12 pm

StacyLeeD wrote:How fun, Joannie, thanks for all your hard work organizing & explaining.  I have my sketch picked out to work on at a crop this weekend   Shout out to the cherries on Team 3!! LOL 

Thanks Stacy. I just hope this works like it's suppose to!  lol!

joannie
Cherry Cropper

Postby KrazSparkle » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:38 pm

I'm excited! Ive been looking at sketchs and have it all picked out! I cant wait to start.
(Kristi)  "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."_ Charles M Schulz   

KrazSparkle
Cherry Picker

Layouts: 174

Postby joannie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:43 pm

KrazSparkle wrote:I'm excited! Ive been looking at sketchs and have it all picked out! I cant wait to start.

I need a "thumbs up" emoji!

joannie
Cherry Cropper

Postby lissahope26 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:55 pm

emmapaige wrote:I had some time this afternoon so I already created my layout.  With all my hubby's medical challenges, I figured I'd better do it now because who knows what will happen next! 

Can we send it early if we made it early?
Melissa H.

lissahope26
Cherry Berry

Layouts: 372

Postby joannie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:12 pm

lissahope26 wrote:

Can we send it early if we made it early?

Sure. 

joannie
Cherry Cropper

Postby sherelm » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:35 am

I picked - or should I say FINALLY made a decision on which sketch I'd use last night, so tonight I plan on hitting the paper. 

Just a little warning, though, for sending early.  I was in a circle journal (well, many circle journals) and if we didn't send on or about the day we were supposed, mass chaos ensued. . . I'd suggest at least sending it with a "This is the layout for such and such a day" swap.  Sometimes a gal gets two at once, when you do it that way.  Just saying. . . (Not to be a wet wrap saying this, because I'm excited!!)

sherelm
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 471

Postby joannie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:33 am

sherelm wrote:I picked - or should I say FINALLY made a decision on which sketch I'd use last night, so tonight I plan on hitting the paper. 

Just a little warning, though, for sending early.  I was in a circle journal (well, many circle journals) and if we didn't send on or about the day we were supposed, mass chaos ensued. . . I'd suggest at least sending it with a "This is the layout for such and such a day" swap.  Sometimes a gal gets two at once, when you do it that way.  Just saying. . . (Not to be a wet wrap saying this, because I'm excited!!)

I can see that happening!  My brain is a little fried these days! I can see me confusing the layouts!

joannie
Cherry Cropper

Postby karensay » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Oh, I hope this does not get confusing.  I plan to hold mine until the day it is due(or day before).  Then send it on.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola

Layouts: 176

Postby StacyLee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:52 pm

bump
Stacy

StacyLee
Sweet Cherry Pie

Layouts: 346