FREE SHIPPING* on orders over $69!
FREE SHIPPING* on orders over $69!
Hi there!
Login | Create an Account

What do you think?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

What do you think?

Postby Shutterbug » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:55 am

I have a friend who lost her husband two months ago. She lives in assistant living and does not have room for a tree.  Not even a tiny one.  I created a tree she can hang on her wall it was made from a sheet of 12 x 12 paper.  She is going to be getting rid of all her scrappy and craft supplies. So with that in mind... Do I decorate it  with stickers, ribbon etc. or send it to her to decorate It?  Thanks for your ideas and feedback.

Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Layouts: 464

Re: What do you think?

Postby SherrieLynne » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:49 am

What a sweet thing to do for your friend Kimber. I think she would enjoy decorating herself. 

SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia

Layouts: 552

Postby beachlover » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:29 pm

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift!! I would let her decorate it too 
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!

view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

beachlover
Chatty Cherry

Layouts: 1055

Postby Linda S. » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:59 pm

I would take it and tell her you thought it would be nice to visit and decorate it together.  

Linda S.
Cherry Bing

Layouts: 418

Postby suewho372 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:28 pm

That is awesome of you! Yes I agree with Linda. She would probably really appreciate it and enjoy a little company. 
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Layouts: 690

Postby Shutterbug » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Linda-1949 wrote:I would take it and tell her you thought it would be nice to visit and decorate it together.  

I love this idea. She lives about 2 1/2 hours away if it take the para transit. We have been planning to try and meet have way. Maybe I will have to just wait. I really love this idea. Thanks.  
Kimber

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Postby ratgirl » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:10 pm

What do I think? I think you are a pretty amazing friend. That's so kind of you. She's going to love it. I also think it's neat to let her decorate it with the stuff you put together. I'm so sorry she's going through such a difficult time. Maybe she could keep a little of her crafting stuff if you guys could make a few little project kits together? I hate to think of someone having to completely give up her craft stuff.

ratgirl
Cherry Berry

Layouts: 46

Postby Shutterbug » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:13 pm

ratgirl wrote:What do I think? I think you are a pretty amazing friend. That's so kind of you. She's going to love it. I also think it's neat to let her decorate it with the stuff you put together. I'm so sorry she's going through such a difficult time. Maybe she could keep a little of her crafting stuff if you guys could make a few little project kits together? I hate to think of someone having to completely give up her craft stuff.

Thanks you are so sweet.  She has not scrapped for about 6 years. Yes it breaks my heart too. Thanks for the idea. 
Kimber

Shutterbug
Cherry Addict

Postby sdwhru » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:21 pm

The idea of you two decorating it together is amazing.  Hopefully you get to see your friend soon 

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper

Layouts: 332

Postby 1scrappymom » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 pm

What a sweet thing to do!!  I agree...let her decorate, unless one of the reasons she is getting rid of her supplies is because it is too difficult for her.  
~Shannon
My Blog -->  blinnsblog

1scrappymom
Cherry Bomb

Layouts: 425

Postby Countess » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Let her decorate it. Maybe it will spark something in her to get started crafting again.

Countess
Cherry Blossom

Postby Julie M. » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Does she have any of her scrapbook stuff with her that she can use to decorate it? If not I think it would be nice if you decorated it for her. 
What is she doing with her scrap stuff? Do you know if she has thought of donating it to a school or Girl Scout troop or even to the Assisted living place? They usually have various activities that they can do together right?

Julie M.
Cherry Blossom

Layouts: 61

Return to General Talk

Free Newsletter
Inspiration. New Techniques.
Sales. Events.

Additional Options

Chat