Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming!
I get so excited this time of year! I love Christmas...everything about it! I love crafting, decorating, baking, card making, photo taking and of course enjoying what the season is all about!
For this months reveal I worked with We R Memory Keepers Merry & Bright line! When I first saw it, I was immediately drawn the wonderful color combination of yellow, pink, red and green. And then to make it even better it had a fun retro, distressed feel to it! Of course it is perfect for Christmas, but the reverse side of every paper could easily be used for layouts and other projects that are not Christmas or holiday related.
For the last several years I have baked sugar cookies during the holidays to take to family get togethers, to take to parties, to give as gifts and of course just to eat! I use my Grandma Toots' recipe and it always brings back wonderful memories of her every year when I smell the cookies baking. I can't help but think of her baking and lovingly sharing dozens and dozens of them all through the Christmas season. This year, as I began to decorate the cookies, however, the icing just wasn't doing right. As my frustration level rose, I decided to call my Mom. She of course, came to rescue and I learned one valuable lesson in making homemade icing...do not use the cheap powdered sugar! It does not work! LOL!!!!
Last year I decided my niece Emma was old enough to do a craft project with her aunt. I thought it would be great fun working with her to create some Christmas ornaments for their Christmas tree. Well, it was fun, but 3 years old really know how to make a mess! Once I got over that, it was great fun and she really had a blast making her gingerbread creations!
Christmas in your Heart
"Remember, if Christmas isn't found in your heart, you won't find it under a tree."
When I saw this quote on the patterned paper I knew that I would have to create a layout with some photos of me and my DH from last Christmas. It fit perfectly with the reality of our Christmas last year and the focus we put on family and our love for each other, rather than the gifts under the tree. The small flowers are created using a tutorial I found online for making paper roses I just modifed it and used the Kaiser paper flowers instead. The leaves for the large flower are cut from the patterned paper.
Just a fun little Christmas card I created using some of the stickers and patterned paper. I hand cut out several of the Santa's from the paper and then layered them to give my "Santie" a bit more dimension!
Peppermint Dreams Ornament
I have made several of these to use as Christmas gifts this year!
1. Cut the die cut scalloped circle into quarters. Each quarter is then curled into a cone shape and glued along the edge.
2. Add flowers and leaves to embellish the front of the cone. (I cut the leaves from the patterned paper.)
3. Fill the cone with holiday picks from a craft store.
4. Add a ribbon for the hanger, running it through the holes in the die cut paper.
5. Hang from your Christmas tree and enjoy!
1. Cut out the number strip from the patterned paper.
2. Next, cut several 12 inch x 1/2 inch strips from the striped paper.
3. Lightly mist each strip with water and then pleat it.
4. Once dry, glue the pleated pieces to the top and bottom edge on the back of the number paper strip using a hot glue gun.
5. Cut a strip of chipboard and adhered it to the back of the number strip.
6. Punch holes in each end.
7. Cut the circle pattern from the paper and then adhere it to the back of this strip.
8. Add pearls in a circle around the number 25.
9. Tie a ribbon through the holes and fasten it around your glass candle holder.
10. Add a candle, light it and enjoy!
I hope you found some holiday inspiration from these creations!
Happy Holidays and Happy Scrapping!!!
Wow! These are amazing! I love the curled ribbon!
great reveal - love all your creations
Wonderful reveal! Thank you for the tutorials... you ROCK!
almost makes me want to go back to paper crafts -- or at least hybrid... :D
To tell you the truth, I didn't like this line when I first saw it. Now, I think I love it!!! You did an amazing job with it and love all of the original stuff you come up with!
Juliana! These are all awesome projects! You rock!
These are awesome. Especially love the crafty ideas!
You did such a beautiful job with these papers Juliana! Great reveal!!!
Juliana, you totally rock!!! Trully!
Beautiful layouts and card! I like the Christmas ideas, too. Great job with the line!