We will be making the base of a 6x6 flip album during this class...photos and embellishments will be added at your leisure. This fun little album is perfect for a gift or even to display on your desk. The flip album contains 5 pages (2 flipping pages).
1 12x12 sheet of cardstock
4 sheets of coordinating pattern paper
12" ribbon (1 or 2 different types)
1. Label your cardstock by dividing it into 4 equal 6x6 sections:
Upper Left = 1; Upper Right = 2
Lower Left = 3; Lower Right = 4
2. Cut out section 1 (6x6 square in upper left corner), see image below:
3. Fold section 3 over the top of section 4, see image below:
note - make sure your folds are completely against the other sections to use the measurements given.
4. Folding section 2 down, over section 4, fold at 5 3/4" and again at 6". This will allow your album bulk room and allow it to stand.
5. Open your cover (section 2)...cute 3/8" off the bottom of sections 3 & 4. This will allow your album to stand, see image below:
**This is your album base. Now we will continue adding the pattern paper and ribbons.
6. From your 1st pattern paper, cut one piece 5 1/2" x 5 3/4".
7. Adhere that to your cover as shown below:
8. From another sheet of pattern paper, cut a strip 5 3/4" x 1".
9. Adhere that to your cover 1" from the bottom of the 1st pattern paper, see image below:
10. Open your cover so you are working on the back side of your cover. Cut a piece from your 3rd pattern paper, 5 3/4" x 4".
11. Cut from your 4th pattern paper, 5 3/4" x 2"
12. Adhere the larger of the two pieces you just cut to the bottom of section 2. Adhere the smaller to the upper of the section. The two pieces will overlap slightly. See image below:
13. Cover the seam of the two pattern papers with ribbon and/or rick-rack, see image below:
14. Using the same two pattern papers as above, we are going to cut one at 5 3/8" x 4" and the other 5 3/8" x 2".
15. Adhere the larger of the two pieces to the right side, smaller to the left side. Again, they will slightly overlap, see image below:
**Open your album, next we'll work on the inside of section 3.
16. Using any pattern paper, cut a piece 5 5/8" x 4".
17. Using another sheet of pattern paper, cut a piece 5 5/8" x 2".
18. Adhere the larger pattern paper to the top portion of the inside of section 3, and the smaller to the lower portion of the section. The papers will overlap, see image below:
19. Cover the seam with rick-rack as shown in the image above.
20. Cut from pattern paper, 5 5/8" x 5 3/8".
21. Cut another piece from pattern paper, 1 1/2" x 5 3/8".
22. Adhere the larger piece, centered on section 4. Adhere the smaller piece vertically 1/2" from the right side, see image below:
23. Cover the left side of the smaller pattern paper with ribbon. See image below:
And that is your Mini Flip Album...just add photos and embellishments and your album is complete!
Some finished Mini Flip Album examples:
Li'l Davis Designs has everything a scrapbooker needs to make a gorgeous layout...paper, embellishments, paints, stamps, ribbons and more. Li'l Davis carries a large variety of themes too...who doesn't love Li'l Davis products?! The Creative Team put together some fabulous layouts featuring products from Li'l Davis Designs and we would like you to do the same. Stop by the Shoppe and get your Li'l Davis Designs products today and be sure to enter into the latest contest here at ACOT...click here for details.
(Layouts created by Grace)
(Layouts created by Jackie)
(Layout created by Miranda)
(Layout created by Janet)
(Layout and Card created by Tristann)
There's No Place Like Home
Album Created by CT Member, Elsie
Elsie used entirley Lil Davis Designs products to make this entire album (excluding the album, ink, pen and ribbon)
The ACOT Creative Team would like to thank Li'l Davis Designs for their generous product donation.
I am pleased to announce the winners of our Piggy Tales contest!
Congratulations ladies!! You will be eligible to win another contest November 23!
Can a digital page inspire a paper page? Can paper inspire digital? Are the two in hopelessly separate worlds?
|Explore your inner Creativity --- THe newest Collaborative Kit by the ACOT designers includes: 34-Patterned Papers, 6-Solids, 2-(12x12) Overlays, 2-Alphabets, Lots of Bows, Ribbons, & Stitching, 4-Color Coordinating Brads, 1-Silver Brad and Staple, 4-Flowers, 3-Coasters,...|
Ghosts, goblins, and ghouls...Amy Teets is helping us celebrate Halloween with an ACOT-excluisve kit, "Boo"! Read more for her chat and contest details and see what our Creative Team did with her kit.
MaisyMo Designs...from poker chips to paint cans (not to mention the paper and ribbon in between), MaisyMo has such a wonderful selection of fun and unique products to offer. The Creative Team put together some fabulous layouts and altered&nbs...
ACOT would like to invite you to a special chat with ACOT designer Michelle Underwood. She has recently released a charity kit with proceeds going toward her family members. Please read below for more details and see additional previews of the kit...
Don't stress it! Distress it! Distressing is all about imperfection. It involves distressing papers and page elements to give a vintage, well-worn look to them. Many products available today come pre-distressed but here are a few things you can try fo...
I am pleased to announce the 3 winners of our American Crafts contest!! They are impressive!
|Welcome to the CT Spotlight, a regular feature in which the Creative Team will put the spotlight on superior layouts that have caught our eye in the gallery. We'll show you the layouts, tell you who made them and why we love them. The first CT member quoted is th...|
A bulletin board - what a fun project to create for your house, family, friends, or even a gift. Learn how to make one in several easy instructions.
1. Buy a bulletin board at an office store or Walmart. The one used is by RoseArt and is approximately ...
OK, maybe not ALL caught up, but maybe a little?? There were 60 entries into the Let's Play Catch-Up contest!! Is that not wonderful? That's a lot of entries to go through and pick the 'best'. They were all so wonderful, creative and in...
First, thank you to everyone who participated in this contest, this was such a hard contest to judge, there were so many wonderful entries. You all did wonderfully! And special thanks to Dani Mogstad who not only offered a Grand Prize gift cert...
Today I'm thinking about family photos.
Page 1 of 2