Your Top 3 Books ...

A place to talk about books! [Public]

Moderator: scrapperqueen

PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 514

Re: Your Top 3 Books ...

Post by PezKat » Fri May 02, 2014 1:22 pm

This is soooooo hard, lol!  For example I want to list a Dickens book... but then I'm not sure I've read any myself!  So here goes...

1) C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Book 1 of Chronicles of Narnia)
2) Dan Brown's Angels & Demons (prequel to DaVinci Code & I think it's better - definitely one of the best books I've ever read for many reasons!)
3) Ann Frank's The Diary of a Young Girl

Yeah, I can't do just 3, lol!  So I'll throw in some runners-up like Watership Down, The Heart of Darkness (Joseph Conrad), and Stephen King's The Stand.

As for current books, I'm really loving Cassandra Clare!  The Mortal Instruments series starts with City of Bones & I think there are 5; then there is a prequel Victorian series called The Infernal Devices which starts with Clockwork Angel.  I'm currently finishing up the 2nd (Clockwork Prince) and it's my favorite so far!  They're supernatural young adult genre.
Image Image

scrappin65
Cherry Tart

Post by scrappin65 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:53 pm

Croppinmama wrote:I don't know about you, but when I read in the summer I have to have beach theme books. So here are mine for the summer:

The Beach House by Jane Green
Dune Road by Jane Green
Fir efly Beach by Luanne Rice

I am the same way!!  Have read the first two but not Friefly Beach-will have to check that one out!!

redsonic20
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 116

Post by redsonic20 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:51 pm

I prefer series novels so I'll just list my favorite three with a word of caution against one:

1. J.A. Jance - J.P. Beaumont (there are two others she has but this is the one that takes place in Seattle which is specifically why I picked it up...ties to where I'm from...I've read bits and pieces from the other two but this is the one I stuck to...they are all good, though)
2. Marcia Muller - it's been a while, so I can't remember the name of the character, but I love the series!
3. Janet Evanovich numbers books - these were really funny and really interesting until book 12 or 13.  They are quick reads, very far fetched in their plotting after a while, but after that, they totally suck and turned into money grubbing...she probably doesn't even write them herself anymore.  If you want a quick 2-4 hour read and want to read after 12 or 13, the best route is the library, they aren't worth the investment from your hard earned money.
Denise

Visit My Blog:  Mamarazzi Scraps

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 342

Post by sdwhru » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:59 pm

1. The Twilight Series
2. The Chronicles of Narnia Series
3.  Tie - Little House on the Prairie or various Chicken Soup of the Soul books
ImageImage

Return to “Book Nook”