Christmas Song I Hate

Hypocrisy at its best! [Public]

Moderator: Flasher

Flasher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 239

Christmas Song I Hate

Post by Flasher » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:46 pm

No one correctly guessed which Christmas song I absolutely hate.  So, I will put everyone's name into a hat and pull a random winner.   I will do that shortly.

While no one made the right guess, I want to thank Deanna for her guess of "Please, Daddy Don't Get Drunk This Christmas" by John Denver.  I had never heard that song before so I Googled it.  What a terrible song.  Just what everyone wants to hear while sipping hot cocoa or eggnog by the fire.  I'm glad that song isn't in the radio rotation.  Even though it's depressing, I'm glad to learn a new song. 

Almost everyone here, and probably everyone in the world, will probably be offended and down right stunned at the Christmas song I hate.  I am well aware that I am in the minority.  I don't even know exactly why I hate it.  I just know that every single time I hear this song start it seems as though I can actually feel my blood start to boil.  One time a few years ago, I left my groceries in a side aisle of the store to step outside until it was over.  Most times I'm out in public, I take out my cell phone to have someone distract me from that wretched song.  I really can't explain it.  Even funnier fact . . . I don't dislike the artist.  Go figure.

And now . . . to reveal the Christmas Song I hate the most . . .

"All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey. 

Ok, go ahead and let me have it.  I'm a big girl.  I can take it. 
I don't have ducks.  I don't have a row.  I have squirrels.  And they're at a rave. 

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2750

Re: Christmas Song I Hate

Post by Deanna13 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:12 pm

I never would have guessed that one, Laura. It's a 'take-it-or-leave-it' kind of song to me.

I found that John Denver song by googling the worst Christmas carols. I'd never heard it before either, but I agree it's terrible.
Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

57Diana
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 359

Post by 57Diana » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:56 pm

Remember the John Denver song from back in the day. Such a sad song. 
An expert at anything was once a beginner!

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 656

Post by pawprints » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:43 pm

I love that song! Lol! (I'm taking about the Mariah song not the John Denver song. I don't ever remember hearing that one.)

The one I hate to hear is the Christmas Shoes song. That song is so depressing whenever it comes on I have to change the channel or block it out. No way is that ever going on my Christmas playlist.

Image Image Image Image

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 233

Post by Scrap Bug » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:28 pm

While I don't hate it, I actually don't care for that song as well.  The song I detest is Silent Night.  As a kid I always thought it was a song about death, someone being dead and I can't shake that feeling when I hear it.  
Melissa

Return to “Flasher Bingo”