Favorite snacks?

Support for those on WW [Public]

Moderator: Suzanne_FL

zanettac
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 155

Favorite snacks?

Post by zanettac » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:03 am

So what are some of your favorite snacks?? I am addicted to the 100 calorie packs of hostess strawberry cupcakes...YUM!! I also found some popcorn...zero points that I love too! So what do you all snack on that is low cal or low points?

Carol

JeanneT
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 37

Re: Favorite snacks?

Post by JeanneT » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:35 pm

The Little Debbie 100 calorie Nutty bars are good too! But my favorite is the 100 calorie Cinnamon Bun cookies! My husband who is not on a diet eats those. If I want them I have to hide them.

I have also heard, but have not tried the Lemon cupcakes that Hostess makes.

Believe me if it is 100 calories I will give it a try.
JeanneT
Cubmaster and Proud Mother to a Tuba Playing son who is also an Eagle Scout."O God, help me to win, but in thy wisdom if thou willest me not to win, then O God, make me a good loser"
- Sir Robert Baden-Powell, Founder of the Boy Scouts

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 506

Post by DolphinSoul » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Mine are the Fiber One Bars!! The chocolate ones are SOO good! Gets my chocolate fix everytime. Every flavor is good, taste nothing like a granola bar!! Which I was leary about b/c everyone said they were so good for you, but I hated the dried out flavor, but Fiber One definitely converted me!!
~ Carissa ~

zanettac
Cherry Jubilee

Post by zanettac » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:59 pm

I forgot about those Carissa---I just bought some yesterday...and of course they were the chocolate ones...YUM-O!!

I'll have to try those little Debbie snacks...sounds yummy!

Carol

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 846

Post by letumom » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:01 pm

I'm trying different 100 calorie treats (keebler stripes is one of my favorites), but my fav snacks are different fruits/nuts.

I'll try to measure out in snack bags when I buy, so that I don't over do it.
Laurie

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 691

Post by emarie803 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:39 pm

DolphinSoul wrote:Mine are the Fiber One Bars!! The chocolate ones are SOO good! Gets my chocolate fix everytime. Every flavor is good, taste nothing like a granola bar!! Which I was leary about b/c everyone said they were so good for you, but I hated the dried out flavor, but Fiber One definitely converted me!!
LOVE these! They are the perfect chocolate fix :inlove:

montana_girl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 276

Post by montana_girl » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:15 pm

If I need a sweet treat, then just about any of the chocolatey 100 cal packs work for me!

My BF got me to try Alternative Bagels (1 pt) and Laughing Cow Cream Cheese (1 pt) -- and now I'm hooked! Yum! :-D
Stacy

allysonc
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 150

Post by allysonc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:08 pm

I just love doing the half bag of popcorn for 1 point.. The Weight Watchers fudge bars for 1 pt.. Yogurt.. sometimes I get those flat bread things and put some marinara on it and then some mozzerella and some canadian bacon.. zap it in the microwave and roll it together or just eat it/pull it apart..kind of like pizza but not the calories.. It's pretty good. :) :-D
Ally

Judy19
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Judy19 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:57 pm

What about other snacks that aren´t found wrapped (like the 100 calorie snacks) at the supermarket? Something that you can prepare with what you have in the the refrigerator etc. Like popcorn.

jcsmaestra
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 411

Post by jcsmaestra » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:52 pm

My 2 favorites:
WW Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sundae for 3 points.

Trader Joe's Organic dark chocolate (73% cacao super dark chocolate with almonds, 1 point per square.

Can you tell I'm a chocoholic? Believe it or not, I can make do with 2 squares of that luscious chocolate bar. It's very satisfying.
Love is all around you. Image

Mary

zanettac
Cherry Jubilee

Post by zanettac » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:01 am

Judy- I eat alot of grapes!! I also enjoy baby carrots.

Carol

jcsmaestra
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 411

Post by jcsmaestra » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:28 am

emarie803 wrote:
DolphinSoul wrote:Mine are the Fiber One Bars!! The chocolate ones are SOO good! Gets my chocolate fix everytime. Every flavor is good, taste nothing like a granola bar!! Which I was leary about b/c everyone said they were so good for you, but I hated the dried out flavor, but Fiber One definitely converted me!!
LOVE these! They are the perfect chocolate fix :inlove:
I'll have to give those a try. How many points are they?
Love is all around you. Image

Mary

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 506

Post by DolphinSoul » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:38 am

The Fiber One Chocolate Bars are 2 points each.

Carol.. the grapes and carrots are excellent to have! Freezing the grapes is also really good and makes you suck on them longer so you want as many

Snacks to have that aren't packaged would definitely be fruits and veggies. Find out when everything is 'in season' in your area and buy those to really get the best flavor from them. If you not a fruit or veggie fan.. definitely have Orange Juice or some sort of fruit juice to get in your daily value. V8 fruit fusion is really good. Also having yogurt on hand is good! If you freeze the Yoplait Whips yogurt it really makes you work for it and enjoy it longer. I had half of one and was full.. where usually unfrozen I would just gobble it up!!! But make sure you freeze only the Whips type, I'm not sure what the regular would do!!!
~ Carissa ~

Judy19
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Judy19 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:17 pm

DolphinSoul wrote:The Fiber One Chocolate Bars are 2 points each.

Carol.. the grapes and carrots are excellent to have! Freezing the grapes is also really good and makes you suck on them longer so you want as many

Snacks to have that aren't packaged would definitely be fruits and veggies. Find out when everything is 'in season' in your area and buy those to really get the best flavor from them. If you not a fruit or veggie fan.. definitely have Orange Juice or some sort of fruit juice to get in your daily value. V8 fruit fusion is really good. Also having yogurt on hand is good! If you freeze the Yoplait Whips yogurt it really makes you work for it and enjoy it longer. I had half of one and was full.. where usually unfrozen I would just gobble it up!!! But make sure you freeze only the Whips type, I'm not sure what the regular would do!!!
Grapes have been one of my favorites - but never tried them frozen before - I´m eager to try that!

reelynn
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 6

Post by reelynn » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:53 pm

I really like veggies with fat free ranch dressing.
Also, I make smoothies (yogurt, milk, and frozen or fresh fruit)

I like the 98% fat free popcorn. Also, you can get some fat free creamer for coffee, put a TBSP in some milk and heat it up.

Have you tried edamame? I get the ones in the pods so it takes more work. They can be found in your frozen food section. Very tasty, but my DH says it makes my breath smell like I ate strong smelling veggies - brush after eating.
Shawnery Mathis

naney1952
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 8

Post by naney1952 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Have you tried the Special K Bars in the new Chocolate Pretzel flavor....yum the are so good and only 90 calories! I'm going to have to try those Fiber One bars though.
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

Return to “Our Weight Watchers”