Support for those on WW [Public]

Moderator: Suzanne_FL

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 506

Walk It Challenge!!!

Post by DolphinSoul » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Hey Everyone!!

Just wanted to let everyone know about the walk it challenge at WW right now. You can go to www.weightwatchers.com/walkit and learn all about it. If you are already apart of the E-Tools or WW Community you can sign in to get all the information and find a walking group in your area.

Even if you are unable to be apart of WW, the concept is to start from not walking at all, to being able to participate in a 5K by June 6th. Just encouragement for all of us to be motivated to start an exercise regimen. You can do it alone or with a buddy system. So I thought it may be cool for us to start our own group here and strive for so many steps, miles, or time a day to exercise.
~ Carissa ~

dismith
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 8

Re: Walk It Challenge!!!

Post by dismith » Mon May 03, 2010 10:25 pm

I try to walk everday and it turns into about twice a week. I did a 3 mile walk for breast cancer the mid of April.

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry

Post by DolphinSoul » Mon May 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Fantastic!!! You are very motivational!! Keep up the fantastic work!!!!!
~ Carissa ~

montana_girl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 276

Post by montana_girl » Wed May 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Love the Walk It Challenge... it happens around the same time we do our Spring Fitness walking program at work! Two for one! LOL
Stacy

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry

Post by DolphinSoul » Sun May 30, 2010 6:30 pm

Don't forget that next Sunday June 6th is the official Weight Watchers Walk It Day!! I hope you are all doing fantastic on your weight loss and activity!!!!!
~ Carissa ~

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry

Post by DolphinSoul » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:10 pm

So did anyone partake in the official Walk It Challenge Day?? 12 members and I actually had a blast doing a Treasure Hunt for our Walk It Challenge. A Member came to me with the idea and we had a great time creating everything for it. We figured out a route that was exactly 3.1 miles and placed sign in baggies throughout the course. Each member was given treasure hunt instructions on where to find the baggies and how to continue on with their journey until they reached the finish line. All of their coded numbers (given to them at the start) were put into a bag and drawn for 2 prize packages of a cookbook and treats from the center!!!! Everyone loved it and we are already coming up with new locations and ideas to continually do this throughout the year!!!!

If you did the challenge, please let me know how it went! If you were unable to but are still staying active and/or losing weight, let us know here! I miss hearing about everyone's progress!!! Even if you are having struggles, let us know!! Take care of yourselves and hope to hear from you soon!!!!!!
~ Carissa ~

Return to “Our Weight Watchers”