You Betcha Ladies!

Support for those on WW [Public]

Moderator: Suzanne_FL

User avatar
megamay
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5164
Layouts: 983
Location: Philadelphia, PA

You Betcha Ladies!

Post by megamay » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:18 am

I thought it might be easier for us to communicate here than on the other site, since the message board there is totally lacking, and using PMs doesnt work so well for the whole - threaded thing. No one else seems to be using this forum right now, and besides I thought we could probably keep our whole conversation in this one thread.

So, how did the weekend go? (sorry Im a day late, had a rough monday)

and tell me your goal for this week.

------------------

me- I totally messed up this weekend, it was crazy and stressful and calorie laden. monday wasnt much better. My goal for this week is simple - get back on track. I did soooo well last week. This week I vow to get back on track and NOT totally mess it up on the weekend. A little slip is ok, but 2 days of all out bingeing is NOT ok.

User avatar
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 14745
Layouts: 691
Location: The Mile High City

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by emarie803 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:57 am

I'm sorry you had a rough weekend. It's a new week, so just do your best! As for me, I actually did ok last week with the water drinking. I made my goal 4 days and managed at least 32 oz the other 3. I am going to keep working on the water this week, and keep a food journal this week also. It will help me identify my eating issues if I actually know what they are.

User avatar
DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Posts: 15683
Layouts: 506
Location: Central Florida

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by DolphinSoul » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:52 am

Hey Ladies!! I wondered what had happened to this group!! Glad to see we have some action going on back in here!!

I'm sorry you had a rough weekend! Going all out on the weekend is something I see all the time in the meeting room. The only thing to remember is that Monday or (Tuesday:winkb:) you can turn a new leaf and start fresh again. Sometimes its good for our bodies to just give in and go crazy then get right back on track to get rid of all those cravings and such that may be occurring. As long as you limit that amount of days that you 'give in' to stuff. So its terrific that you see the 'slip up' you had and getting right back on track.

I'm so glad to hear you guys are making goals. Water is a great goal.. but its not ever been proven to help in weight loss or to curb appetite. It actually just keeps the body hydrated the most. Drinking any fluids except alcohol will keep you hydrated.. and of course drinking diet drinks, teas, or low/no calorie drinks like water is better on you, so your not using your calories on just fluids.

Even being a lifetime member and Leader now of WW, I am watching myself creep to ordering cheese sticks or desserts more and more. I'm still within my goal weight, but encroaching in more then I wanted to, where as I was almost 7 pounds away from it. So my goal is to kind of go back and really look at why am I going towards the appetizers and desserts and not happy with my regular meals anymore. I know a lot has been Emotional Issues and I need to get those at bay!!

You guys have a Terrific Week and hopefully we'll get more participates so we can really be here for support in all of our weight loss journeys!!!
~ Carissa ~

Image

User avatar
megamay
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5164
Layouts: 983
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by megamay » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:01 am

DolphinSoul wrote:Hey Ladies!! I wondered what had happened to this group!! Glad to see we have some action going on back in here!!

I'm sorry you had a rough weekend! Going all out on the weekend is something I see all the time in the meeting room. The only thing to remember is that Monday or (Tuesday:winkb:) you can turn a new leaf and start fresh again. Sometimes its good for our bodies to just give in and go crazy then get right back on track to get rid of all those cravings and such that may be occurring. As long as you limit that amount of days that you 'give in' to stuff. So its terrific that you see the 'slip up' you had and getting right back on track.

I'm so glad to hear you guys are making goals. Water is a great goal.. but its not ever been proven to help in weight loss or to curb appetite. It actually just keeps the body hydrated the most. Drinking any fluids except alcohol will keep you hydrated.. and of course drinking diet drinks, teas, or low/no calorie drinks like water is better on you, so your not using your calories on just fluids.

Even being a lifetime member and Leader now of WW, I am watching myself creep to ordering cheese sticks or desserts more and more. I'm still within my goal weight, but encroaching in more then I wanted to, where as I was almost 7 pounds away from it. So my goal is to kind of go back and really look at why am I going towards the appetizers and desserts and not happy with my regular meals anymore. I know a lot has been Emotional Issues and I need to get those at bay!!

You guys have a Terrific Week and hopefully we'll get more participates so we can really be here for support in all of our weight loss journeys!!!

We started a bet group last week and since I havent been able to create our own forum, and no one seemed to be using this one, I thought we could talk here. I think one or two of us are doing WW, but most of us are doing our own things, just supporting each other through the bet and some weekly chatting.

That is so great that you are a lifetime member and WW leader though - I am envious.

User avatar
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 14745
Layouts: 691
Location: The Mile High City

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by emarie803 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:47 pm

DolphinSoul wrote: I'm so glad to hear you guys are making goals. Water is a great goal.. but its not ever been proven to help in weight loss or to curb appetite. It actually just keeps the body hydrated the most. Drinking any fluids except alcohol will keep you hydrated.. and of course drinking diet drinks, teas, or low/no calorie drinks like water is better on you, so your not using your calories on just fluids.
See, I figure with the water, I am not drinking the empty calories that I normally do with soda. That, and I don't drink enough of any fluid everyday, so this will help push me into becoming more hydrated as well :-D

User avatar
megamay
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5164
Layouts: 983
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by megamay » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:29 pm

emarie803 wrote:
DolphinSoul wrote: I'm so glad to hear you guys are making goals. Water is a great goal.. but its not ever been proven to help in weight loss or to curb appetite. It actually just keeps the body hydrated the most. Drinking any fluids except alcohol will keep you hydrated.. and of course drinking diet drinks, teas, or low/no calorie drinks like water is better on you, so your not using your calories on just fluids.
See, I figure with the water, I am not drinking the empty calories that I normally do with soda. That, and I don't drink enough of any fluid everyday, so this will help push me into becoming more hydrated as well :-D

I think that it is good, for hydration, for not drinking soda and it might not be proven but a lot of people think it helps curb appetite or flush fat out, or like for me, I think I have an oral fixation -- :winkb: --- so when I am drinking water, it allows me to put something in my mouth and satisfy that craving, but has no calories. I think it helps with the mindless eating. when Im really hungry, it won't help, but if Im just eating to put something in my mouth, it helps a little.

User avatar
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 14745
Layouts: 691
Location: The Mile High City

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by emarie803 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:29 pm

So, besides the water, what helps mindless eating?? I have found that when I am bored, or even not so bored, at night, I tend to go into snacking mode. Even when I am not hungry... :( :x :?

User avatar
Latte_Memories
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 293
Layouts: 4
Location: Grafton, WV

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by Latte_Memories » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:02 pm

I came home on Sunday from a conference in Nashville. I was there from Wednesday night to Sunday morning. I did pretty good with my food choices however I ate later than normal, but I got two really good desserts......cheesecake......my downfall. I did walk a lot while there in the evenings after the conference was over so that's a good thing. This week I want to continue to work on walking or exercising and eating at an earlier time in the evenings. Hope everyone has a great week!
~Brenda~
No matter how dark the moment,
Love and hope are always possible.

User avatar
paperqueen
Cherry Blossom
Posts: 413
Layouts: 18
Location: Tennessee

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by paperqueen » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Meg-sorry you had a tough weekend. I seem to do the same thing. I think that I have alot of structure on the weekdays, and then on the weekend, I don't so I get off plan easy. I am gonna have to work on that. Even if we don't track, make sure we drink water and get some excercise.


Em-great job on hitting your goals! I hope you do good this week on your water and tracking!



Brenda-You were in my neck of the woods this weekend! I live just outside of Nashville. Glad you got some excercise walking around our great city!



As for me, I didn't go crazy this weekend, but I did go off plan. I gained a little but not as much as I have before. I went to three Zumba classes and burned about 1800 calories!! It's my favorite class, but I am waiting for the boys to go back to school so I can start running again. I want to run in a 10K this fall so I need to get back to training! My goal is to go to three more classes this week, and make sure that I get all my protein and calories for the days!
Image Image


Missy; Wife, Momma to three boys, and a lover of all things crafty!


check out my blog at:
[url=http:www.papertreats.blogspot.com]http:www.papertreats.blogspot.com[/url]

User avatar
Cimorosete
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 7955
Layouts: 233
Location: Elkton, MD

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by Cimorosete » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Love the name of the group Meg..it's perfect. Sorry you had a crappy weekend.

Bravo Em...that is awesome!!!!

Missy...that is wonderful that you've been able to get some exercise in!!


As far as my goal for last week, I did pretty good. Its so much easier to balance what I eat while at work. As far as home, i've done pretty good too. However , there is always room for improvement. I haven't been able to get any exercise in, I'm hoping to start that really soon.


Have a wonderful week girls!!!
((¸¸.·´*~Treasa·´*¨¨))
May LOs-
My Blog

ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 13264
Layouts: 829

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by Kimandasmo » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 am

goals....mine went out the window last night. Dh and I both worked, and ended up getting home really late. The girls had the spent the day with my parents and when they brought them home at 9 pm last night they also brought McDonalds for me and Dan because they felt bad we had worked so late.




I am restarrting today.....no fast food. Keep a better track of calories and drink only diet soda after my initial Dr. Pepper every morning. I know..not great gaols, but I have to start somewhere. I will get it together soon.... especially after school goes back!

User avatar
DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Posts: 15683
Layouts: 506
Location: Central Florida

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by DolphinSoul » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:28 am

I wasn't saying that water isn't a good thing, I've just seen people go crazy with the water intake and not see any changes in their weight and get upset because they have been drinking all of it. The way you guys use it to curb your appetite and everything is perfect!!

Missy, isn't Zumba just awesome!??! I don't know how you are doing 3 classes a week! You amaze me in that aspect! I'm doing on like once a month and working my way up to twice a month etc.!! I love your goals for staying active when the kids are in and out of school!

Cindy you goals are terrific! Its what is most important to you personally that you can obtain!
~ Carissa ~

Image

User avatar
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 14745
Layouts: 691
Location: The Mile High City

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by emarie803 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:51 pm

DolphinSoul wrote:I wasn't saying that water isn't a good thing, I've just seen people go crazy with the water intake and not see any changes in their weight and get upset because they have been drinking all of it. The way you guys use it to curb your appetite and everything is perfect!!

Missy, isn't Zumba just awesome!??! I don't know how you are doing 3 classes a week! You amaze me in that aspect! I'm doing on like once a month and working my way up to twice a month etc.!! I love your goals for staying active when the kids are in and out of school!

Cindy you goals are terrific! Its what is most important to you personally that you can obtain!
Oh, I know what you were saying with the water Carissa :-D


As a WW leader, what tips do you have for me to curb mindless eating? I try to stay busy, but late in the evening, I'm so tired or have reading to do for my leadership program, that I find myself grazing while I read. The only time I don't seem to have this problem is when I'm scrappping :-D

User avatar
Scrappy69
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1522
Layouts: 78

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by Scrappy69 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:22 pm

I don't want to join your bet so much as join your encourgement for each other. If that's ok?? :)
Image

User avatar
Scrappy69
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1522
Layouts: 78

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by Scrappy69 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:32 pm

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "
~ Mary Pickford
Image

User avatar
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 14745
Layouts: 691
Location: The Mile High City

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by emarie803 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:55 pm

Scrappy69 wrote:"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "
~ Mary Pickford
Love this!! :inlove:

User avatar
DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Posts: 15683
Layouts: 506
Location: Central Florida

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by DolphinSoul » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:48 pm

emarie803 wrote:
DolphinSoul wrote:I wasn't saying that water isn't a good thing, I've just seen people go crazy with the water intake and not see any changes in their weight and get upset because they have been drinking all of it. The way you guys use it to curb your appetite and everything is perfect!!

Missy, isn't Zumba just awesome!??! I don't know how you are doing 3 classes a week! You amaze me in that aspect! I'm doing on like once a month and working my way up to twice a month etc.!! I love your goals for staying active when the kids are in and out of school!

Cindy you goals are terrific! Its what is most important to you personally that you can obtain!
Oh, I know what you were saying with the water Carissa :-D


As a WW leader, what tips do you have for me to curb mindless eating? I try to stay busy, but late in the evening, I'm so tired or have reading to do for my leadership program, that I find myself grazing while I read. The only time I don't seem to have this problem is when I'm scrappping :-D


Em, the best thing to curb as you know to keep your mind off of food, like scrapbooking and such. Other tricks are chewing gum or we sell items called Fruities.. they are soft candies yet take forever to completely melt in your mouth, so you constantly are getting flavor and feeling your eating for a long time. Sucking on lifesavers is also a good idea. Even if you are having a craving for something, or want just chips... portion it out on a napkin of what the serving size actually is.. put the bag back in the pantry.... then if your reading, have the napkin near by and just take a bit here and there instead of eating it all in swift motion. Once the napkin is empty, then sit back, evaluate the situation and really listen to what your bodies signals are... it may actually may be needing something.... example.. have you gotten all your fruits/veggies in for the day, your milks, vitamins, etc. If its boredom that is still causing the mindless eating, get up and walk around the house, do laundry, or go out for a walk to get your mind off of the food even just for 5 minutes.
~ Carissa ~

Image

User avatar
megamay
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5164
Layouts: 983
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by megamay » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Scrappy69 wrote:I don't want to join your bet so much as join your encourgement for each other. If that's ok?? :)

thats fine! we need all the help we can all get

User avatar
megamay
Cherry Cola
Posts: 5164
Layouts: 983
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by megamay » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:19 pm

me- I was planning to start off all strong, and I did, but then this weekend I got really sad. I get depression sometimes pretty badly. The latest theory is that it is hormonal, so Im writing it down, and this 'episode' seems to sort of correlate to ovulating maybe.

So here I am wanting to cry, and all I want to do is eat, and definitely not workout. And then of course eating makes me more depressed. I think I did pretty well, considering. I got one workout in in the past 4 days, and I ate a little too much, but it was too much of my good choices, I didnt crash into junk food. So Im counting it as a win, and I think I am coming out of it now. Im still a little down right now, but much much better than yesterday.

User avatar
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 14745
Layouts: 691
Location: The Mile High City

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by emarie803 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:55 pm

megamay wrote:me- I was planning to start off all strong, and I did, but then this weekend I got really sad. I get depression sometimes pretty badly. The latest theory is that it is hormonal, so Im writing it down, and this 'episode' seems to sort of correlate to ovulating maybe.

So here I am wanting to cry, and all I want to do is eat, and definitely not workout. And then of course eating makes me more depressed. I think I did pretty well, considering. I got one workout in in the past 4 days, and I ate a little too much, but it was too much of my good choices, I didnt crash into junk food. So Im counting it as a win, and I think I am coming out of it now. Im still a little down right now, but much much better than yesterday.

(((((BIG HUGS)))))



I know how you feel with the dpression. I've been battling it for 15 years now. As I reached adulthood, they started linking mine to my hormones as well. I definitely see a connection to when I ovulate to my moods darkening. They say that working out helps with the depression, but I never seem to be able to get into it when I'm in one of my moods. I just want to curl up and hide. Good for you for sticking to the good choices, even if you ate too much.



(((((More HUGS)))))

Post Reply

Return to “Our Weight Watchers”