You Betcha Ladies!

Support for those on WW [Public]

Moderator: Suzanne_FL

Scrappy69
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 78

Re: You Betcha Ladies!

Post by Scrappy69 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:08 pm

My weight is a constant battle. It goes up and down frequently. Two years ago I weighed about 20 pounds more, I could still truly stand to lose at the very least another 10 . . . but you know what they say about those last 10 (or is that supposed to be the last 5?).

Anyway, I joined an exercise group "Lean Body Boot Camp" and I go 2 to 4 times a week . . . well, prior to my stress fracture anyway. I'm just now getting back into it with modified workouts 2 times a week. Hopefully I'll get back to 4 days a week again. I've also tried to adapt to the Clean Eating concept and attempt to go carbless at least 2 days a week.

Just wanted everyone to know where I'm at in this . . . again, not betting on weight loss. Just hope to share knowledge and recipes, tips, etc. with all of you. I will love to have somewhere to turn when the candy dish at work is calling my name or when we have the dreaded food day. I hope I can help you through the same crisis:)

milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 67

Post by milmomma » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Hope you don't mind me jumping in... I'm working on trying to loose inches rather than lbs. I want to be lean and toned someday. I try not to focus on my weight. :)

Right now I too am working my water as I hate water and from about three months ago wouldn't drink a glass. Now I'm in taking roughly about 32oz a day. I need to work on drinking more as it really helps me not snack and eat so much :)
Exercise I walk everywhere as I have no car and go to Zumba twice a week at the gym 3 times a week at home. I LOVE zumba. I need to get into swimming as well but still haven't found a way to be kid free to do it. Running is another thing I'd love to get back into. The 124 temp has been making me walk instead of run lately, maybe this fall I can get back into it. For me the more I exercise in a day the less I eat.
For my mindless snacking I make No butter popcorn. Its crunchy and gives me something to snack on that isn't really unhealthy. I also try to keep veggies sliced in the fridge as well. I have little bitty cups I use for some peanut butter to on them.
Carbs are my weakness and I could never give them up. I just try to keep them down to 3-4 days a week. (Like pasta) :)

paperqueen
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 18

Post by paperqueen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:17 pm

megamay wrote:me- I was planning to start off all strong, and I did, but then this weekend I got really sad. I get depression sometimes pretty badly. The latest theory is that it is hormonal, so Im writing it down, and this 'episode' seems to sort of correlate to ovulating maybe.

So here I am wanting to cry, and all I want to do is eat, and definitely not workout. And then of course eating makes me more depressed. I think I did pretty well, considering. I got one workout in in the past 4 days, and I ate a little too much, but it was too much of my good choices, I didnt crash into junk food. So Im counting it as a win, and I think I am coming out of it now. Im still a little down right now, but much much better than yesterday.
Meg, I just went through the same thing. Getting depressed, moody, gaining weight. The doctor thought that I might have been going through premature menopause (I'm just 35!) But that made it worse. I had to wait on test results for about two weeks. But everything was fine, just normal hormone levels. My dr. put me back on birth control and it has helped alot to control the depression and mood swings.
{{{{hugs}}}} to you and hope you can find something that helps.

I have tried a couple of things this week and nothing is making me lose weight. I think I may not be eating enough since I am working out so much. So I have upped my calories to see if this helps getting the weight off. I have done good getting my water in and working out. So we will see if this helps!
Image Image

Missy; Wife, Momma to three boys, and a lover of all things crafty!

check out my blog at:
[url=http:www.papertreats.blogspot.com]http:www.papertreats.blogspot.com[/url]

montana_girl
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 276

Post by montana_girl » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:00 pm

emarie803 wrote:So, besides the water, what helps mindless eating?? I have found that when I am bored, or even not so bored, at night, I tend to go into snacking mode. Even when I am not hungry... :( :x :?

Carissa mentioned the same thing I was thinking when I saw this... gum! I chew a ton of gum and I also use sugar free hard candy when I just have to have something. I like the sugar free werther's and Creme Savers.
Stacy

megamay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 983

Post by megamay » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:04 pm

so, yeah, Im already falling behind in my 'duties' but how are you all doing this week?

I totally fell off the wagon last weekend, but I am back up now. I ran this morning and did a really great job! eating today? not as great as 2 weeks ago, but not too bad.

paperqueen
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 18

Post by paperqueen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:14 am

Hey all! I haven't been around too much. It's been crazy at my house. Getting ready to head to the beach for a week, then Monday after vacation, school starts.
I have been changing and trying to figure out my diet and finally things are starting to get moving again. Since I started on Sparkpeople (thanks Megan!) I have tracked what I eat and talked with my trainers. I had to add 200 calories each day (sometimes more depending on what workout I do) added ALOT more protein, cut out most carbs, sugar, and processed food! I guess my body has gone into revolution against what I was eating!! I know it sounds extreme, but it's working for me and as long as the scale is moving, I can hang with it for a while. I was just glad to lose a few pounds before going to the beach! It's not 10lbs like you Trish!! But it's enough to make me feel a little better in my bathing suit!
Image Image

Missy; Wife, Momma to three boys, and a lover of all things crafty!

check out my blog at:
[url=http:www.papertreats.blogspot.com]http:www.papertreats.blogspot.com[/url]

MindySue
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 164

Post by MindySue » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:09 pm

Hey everyone! I just found this thread. LOL!

Anyway, I'm kind of bummed. I've been doing weight watchers for 4.5 weeks now, and I've lost 13.5 pounds. That is good.... but I weighed myself yesterday (which I shouldn't have done cause my weigh in day is on Sunday) and I have gained about 3-4 pounds since Sunday. I can't figure out why. I've been really good this week with counting my points and exercising. I know I don't drink enough water (or anything else for that matter), could it be as simple as that? Needing to increase my intake of fluids, especially water?

Other than that I'd doing great. I feel fantastic, better than I have in a couple years. I have been a size 24 for I don't know how long, but this past weekend I had to dig out my "skinny pants" .... the 22's that I kept because "someday I'll wear them again". Someday is here!!! I also have a couple of pair of size 20 jeans that are just waiting to come out of hiding next!!!

MindySue
Cherry Jubilee

Post by MindySue » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Meg, sorry to hear you've been struggling. But, don't give up, just remember, today is another day and just get back up and be successful! I know you can do this!!! We all can!

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 691

Post by emarie803 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Help!! I've fallen off the wagon :(

I know that each day is a new day and a new start, but I'm having trouble getting started again. Back to baby steps :(

montana_girl
Cherry Bomb

Post by montana_girl » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:49 pm

For those of you that have "fallen off the wagon" just remember that "falling off the wagon isn't the problem, it's getting back on!" :)

I've been with Weight Watchers for 6 years and had my share of ups and downs but I've managed to lose 109 pounds during that time. The key to any weight loss program is to stick with it. So hang in there, keep trying, and eventually everything will "click" for you again!
Stacy

TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 238

Post by TraciL » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:32 pm

are you gals still doing this?

MindySue
Cherry Jubilee

Post by MindySue » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Yeah, what's going on with this? I've been doing really great with my loss.... 24.5 pounds since June 27th. About 100 more to go. :)

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 506

Post by DolphinSoul » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:44 pm

You guys are doing terrific! I'm not sure what really happened to keeping this going. Maybe we should create a different challenge. Like Holiday Palooza.. to get through the holidays without gaining!!!
~ Carissa ~

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 691

Post by emarie803 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:56 pm

I've been MIA due to life. At least 14 hours of OT a week on top of my reg 40 hours, plus being in a Leadership program which has consumed my little bit of free time (and sanity...)We are down to the final week of the program so I just have to make it through a speech and a team presentation to the big wigs of the hospital, and planning/setting up for graduation. THEN I plan on getting back into my wt loss. On the plus side, I have not gained any more weight. I haven't lost any, but I figured with all the stress, I had gained at least some. The scale told me otherwise this week :-D

DolphinSoul
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 506

Post by DolphinSoul » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:08 am

I sure hope things slow down for you soon! Sounds overwhelming but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end. To have maintained through all of it is absolutely terrific. You have the skills to know how to lose weight and are being conscious of your choices. Keep it up and let us know how everything goes!
~ Carissa ~

Kimandasmo
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 829

Post by Kimandasmo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:20 am

I am here and actually till on track....though this week may be a little slow.

montana_girl
Cherry Bomb

Post by montana_girl » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Things are going okay for me. Finally got Lifetime at WW the beginning of October. Was great to finally get there after 6 1/2 years on program, but a bit under-whelming. The reality is, nothing changes. I still have to journal what I eat, exercise, and attend meetings. But at least now, the WW meetings are free for me. LOL

Hope everyone survived the Halloween weekend. It didn't go so well for me... Friday started with a Pizza, Pop & Crop at the LSS and ended with me munching on leftover Halloween candy and roasted pumpkin seeds last night. But today is a new day! :)
Stacy

zanettac
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 155

Post by zanettac » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Gosh it's been forever since I posted in here. Still haven't seen my final goal number on the scale...but I am really close...another lb and I am there. For those who have fallen off the wagon...don't let it discourage you...it happens...just start a new day, a new week...and you'll do fine! I started my weight loss journey in 2007...lost 70lbs...as of March 2008...then got preggers. Here I am now...all the weight and a couple pounds are still off! Now if I could only tone my arms and tummy area...I'd be set :)

Carol

Return to “Our Weight Watchers”