Feeling Fit...January 21, 2014

Support for those on WW [Public]

Moderator: Suzanne_FL

kennabeans
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 39

Feeling Fit...January 21, 2014

Post by kennabeans » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:00 am

Good morning ladies. Today needs to be a new start for me. I lost 30 pounds and have gained 12 back. Ugghhh... Today I am going to add my water back into my routine. I am going to do everything a little bit at a time. I have an exercise bike at the salon and I plan to get on it today.

Good luck with your life changes today!!
ImageImageImage

ncokely
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 601

Re: Feeling Fit...January 21, 2014

Post by ncokely » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:00 am

This thread was harder to find that I thought!
Exercise the last 24 hours---30 mins on elliptical machine=2 miles
                                             3 sets of bicep curls with small weights

Food today---Chai tea to wake up (my one vice!)
                      Skim milk
                      Thin bagel with peanut butter
                       Lunch will be yogurt, granola, carrot sticks
Water count----
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:13 am

ncokely wrote:This thread was harder to find that I thought!
Exercise the last 24 hours---30 mins on elliptical machine=2 miles
                                             3 sets of bicep curls with small weights

Food today---Chai tea to wake up (my one vice!)
                      Skim milk
                      Thin bagel with peanut butter
                       Lunch will be yogurt, granola, carrot sticks
Water count----
Great start to the day!!!
ImageImageImage

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 343

Post by sdwhru » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:39 am

My day had to start early today so no morning walk for me today.  But last night for supper I had a rice cake (piece of cardboard as my dh calls it), small glass of Soy milk and 2 pieces of turkey bacon.  I might try to get the walk in tonight when I get home; it just depends how late I will get home.

kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:45 am

sdwhru wrote:My day had to start early today so no morning walk for me today.  But last night for supper I had a rice cake (piece of cardboard as my dh calls it), small glass of Soy milk and 2 pieces of turkey bacon.  I might try to get the walk in tonight when I get home; it just depends how late I will get home.

Great start to the day. My mom eats rice cakes like a sandwich. She haw one rice cake and puts her toppings on top and sometimes even warms it in the microwave. 

Hope you have a chance to get the walk in. Have a great day!!
ImageImageImage

kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:46 am

sdwhru wrote:My day had to start early today so no morning walk for me today.  But last night for supper I had a rice cake (piece of cardboard as my dh calls it), small glass of Soy milk and 2 pieces of turkey bacon.  I might try to get the walk in tonight when I get home; it just depends how late I will get home.

Great start to the day. My mom eats rice cakes like a sandwich. She haw one rice cake and puts her toppings on top and sometimes even warms it in the microwave. 

Hope you have a chance to get the walk in. Have a great day!!
ImageImageImage

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 129

Post by gonecamping » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:48 am

Yay! I am so glad this is getting started. I started weight watchers the first of Jan and joined the local gym. So far I have lost 1 pound. But I had a bad week last week. Today I am going to the gym after work. It's right on the way home so I have no excuses. I love zumba class but today I will do weights and treadmill. My struggle is not getting all my water for the day. That is something I need to make a priority.
***Tanya***

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 129

Post by gonecamping » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:50 am

I buy PB2, which is powdered peanut butter, mix it with a little cinnamon and water until it is the right consistensy (spelling?) and spread it on a rice cake. LOVE IT!
***Tanya***

Melissa S.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 85

Post by Melissa S. » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:51 am

How weird!  I posted a reply to this and now it's gone!  But I'd just checked in for the morning saying hi.  I am on my second water.  I'm usually kind of thirsty so drinking enough water isn't a problem for me.  

I logged into MyFitnessPal and logged in my breakfast and lunch.  I made a great salad for my lunch that I brought to work with me, so I'm off to a good start!

I'm taking a medication that has a side effect of a 30-pound weight gain, and did indeed gain that and more :(  It makes me feel SO hungry all the time.  I'll try for even more water and need to start working out to get a handle on it.

kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:00 am

Good morning Tanya and Melissa. Looks like you both had a great start to your morning! Glad to have you both.

My biggest problem with the weight loss is organization. I forget to buy stuff at the grocery store. And, our closest store in 20 miles away. So, to just run and grab stuff is not an option. So, I need to work on my organizational skills or I will fail again. ;)

Have a great day lovely ladies!!
ImageImageImage

Melissa S.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 85

Post by Melissa S. » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:18 am

kennabeans wrote:Good morning Tanya and Melissa. Looks like you both had a great start to your morning! Glad to have you both.

My biggest problem with the weight loss is organization. I forget to buy stuff at the grocery store. And, our closest store in 20 miles away. So, to just run and grab stuff is not an option. So, I need to work on my organizational skills or I will fail again. ;)

Yes, yes, yes!  That is a huge downfall for me as well.  I need to be prepared for the whole week because not having the right foods and having to go get them mid-week is when I usually don't keep up with whatever I had in my head...preparation is key!

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 256

Post by cajenkins81 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Good morning! Finally figured out where to look to find the thread. 

Today food-wise has been a same-ol' same-ol' start for me as I eat the same thing every morning. because I love it! one piece of low cal whole grain toast with 1tbsp peanut butter and my coffee. Otherwise, TOM is here and while I don't usually ever have a difficult time, well, the past several months of easy-times are ganging up on me today - I was seriously considering going home a bit ago! So far the FOUR advil I took seem to finally be kicking in. So I just had a cheese stick that I had put in the fridge a couple weeks ago. and I have some granola bars in my purse (90-100 calories each) that I can have if I need. 

Lunch today will be cafeteria food - hamburger steak and brown gravy, but I won't get the potatoes. I'll get whatever veggies they have and my side salad. 

I went walking after work yesterday even tho I didn't really want to because my legs were sore from jogging/walking Sunday. But I went and of course felt so much better even 5 minutes into it. The worst part is the end - 64 steps to climb to get back to my building to my car. OMG!!!  lol. 

Had turkey sloppy joes for dinner last night with one piece of toast (which is how I prefer to eat it actually) and instead of the chips I gave the kids, I had some green beans. was really low on my calories for the day and a little hungry so I had some raisin bran crunch, and well, after more than one serving (lol!) I made up my calories! haha. 

I too use MyFitnessPal - my name is PsyDCarolyn if anyone wants to follow me - I like the added support. You should post your name if you use it here, if'n ya want, of course. 
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:12 pm

cajenkins81 wrote:Good morning! Finally figured out where to look to find the thread. 

Today food-wise has been a same-ol' same-ol' start for me as I eat the same thing every morning. because I love it! one piece of low cal whole grain toast with 1tbsp peanut butter and my coffee. Otherwise, TOM is here and while I don't usually ever have a difficult time, well, the past several months of easy-times are ganging up on me today - I was seriously considering going home a bit ago! So far the FOUR advil I took seem to finally be kicking in. So I just had a cheese stick that I had put in the fridge a couple weeks ago. and I have some granola bars in my purse (90-100 calories each) that I can have if I need. 

Lunch today will be cafeteria food - hamburger steak and brown gravy, but I won't get the potatoes. I'll get whatever veggies they have and my side salad. 

I went walking after work yesterday even tho I didn't really want to because my legs were sore from jogging/walking Sunday. But I went and of course felt so much better even 5 minutes into it. The worst part is the end - 64 steps to climb to get back to my building to my car. OMG!!!  lol. 

Had turkey sloppy joes for dinner last night with one piece of toast (which is how I prefer to eat it actually) and instead of the chips I gave the kids, I had some green beans. was really low on my calories for the day and a little hungry so I had some raisin bran crunch, and well, after more than one serving (lol!) I made up my calories! haha. 

I too use MyFitnessPal - my name is PsyDCarolyn if anyone wants to follow me - I like the added support. You should post your name if you use it here, if'n ya want, of course. 

Great idea to post our FitnessPal user names. I will have to get on mine and see what I posted mine as.

Great job on make better food choices! Sometimes we have to eat meat with gravy because that is what we are served. But, We don't have to eat a huge plate full of it or 2 or 3 servings. So, it wounds like you are on the right track. I am a firm believer in eating "normal" foods. But, within reason.

Glad you found us!! Have a fabulous day!!
ImageImageImage

kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:17 pm

MelissaSmith1 wrote:
kennabeans wrote:Good morning Tanya and Melissa. Looks like you both had a great start to your morning! Glad to have you both.

Yes, yes, yes!  That is a huge downfall for me as well.  I need to be prepared for the whole week because not having the right foods and having to go get them mid-week is when I usually don't keep up with whatever I had in my head...preparation is key!
Glad to hear I am not the only one struggling in this area. I do plan to run to town tomorrow and get a few groceries and organize my kitchen.
But for today....I need to get back into drinking my water!!!
ImageImageImage

anazelia
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 795

Post by anazelia » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:30 pm

today is not a day for me to start anything.  haha.  The girls are home from school, it is snowing and we are trapped indoors.  No one is even out of their pjs.

But I did just log back into my fitness pal since you all are doing it.    If we have school tomorrow, then I have my exercise class and will start logging and charting and counting

kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:38 pm

anazelia wrote:today is not a day for me to start anything.  haha.  The girls are home from school, it is snowing and we are trapped indoors.  No one is even out of their pjs.

But I did just log back into my fitness pal since you all are doing it.    If we have school tomorrow, then I have my exercise class and will start logging and charting and counting

Great job getting back into your app! Is it bad that I was slightly jealous when you said you are all home in your pj's? I was hopng for at least a late start today. Probably a good thing we didn't have a late start. I would have sat on my booty all day. ;)
ImageImageImage

anazelia
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 795

Post by anazelia » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:22 pm

and I wonder why this thread doesn't appear in the side bar?  I wonder if Brandon can fix it so that it does.

jnet
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 43

Post by jnet » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:32 pm

OK, I did my walk for today.  I'm only down 16oz of water though, and it is already 1:31pm.
Jeannette

cajenkins81
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 256

Post by cajenkins81 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:56 pm

anazelia wrote:and I wonder why this thread doesn't appear in the side bar?  I wonder if Brandon can fix it so that it does.
yeah, I was wondering that too. Only thing I can think that is different is that this thread is under "user forums" as opposed to the "regular" board forums, so maybe that's it? if it were posted in the general talk it would show up tho, and I wouldn't think it would clog up the board any more than any of the other "general talk" we do on a daily basis. Just my thoughts. 
Carolyn, mommy to Olivia (precocious preschooler) and Owen (rambunctious toddler).

2013 Page Totals: April - 3. May - 17. June - 25. July - 20. Aug - 20, 2 tags. Sept - 5. Oct - 13. Nov - 8. Dec - 14 LO, 2 projects, 1 card. 
Year: 125, 1 card, 2 projects, 2 tags 
2014 Page Totals: Jan - 15, 2 cards. Feb - 9, 1 project. Mar - 21 (I was busy!) (45 this year already)

My New Blog! Scrapper, Interrupted

kennabeans
Cherry Cola

Post by kennabeans » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:25 pm

So, as of tomorrow, lets post in the general forum. what shall we title the post each day? And whomever is the first personto the boards in the morning can start the thread. Does that sound ok to everyone??
ImageImageImage

Return to “Our Weight Watchers”