[Public]

Moderator: Monroe1218

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 20

2019 Secret Sister Questionairre - Random Bits about You

Post by Monroe1218 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:04 pm

1. What are your favorite colors?
2. What's your favorite candy? Favorite chocolate?
3. What's your favorite holiday?
4. What's your favorite weekend activity?
5. Favorite fast food restaurant?
6. Favorite non-fast food restaurant?
7. Favorite television show?
8. Favorite genre of books?  Favorite author?
9. Do you like candles? If so, what kind of scents do you like best?
10. Favorite lotion scents?
11. Do you collect anything?
12. Have any pets?
13. Favorite snack while scrapbooking?
14. Do you have a special place to scrapbook or do you take over somewhere in the house (dining room table, bed??)
15. What type of music do you like?
16. Do you enjoy sports? Playing or watching? Favorite teams?
17. Early bird or night owl?
18. Favorite season?
19. Favorite animal?
20. Do you enjoy coffee? Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf or somewhere different? Make it at home? Keurig or something similar? 
21.  Hot Cocoa? Hot tea? 
22. Do you enjoy the "adult" coloring books?
23. Favorite store other than crafty/scrappy store?
24.  Favorite way to relax?
25.  Anything you absolutely detest?
26.  Other hobbies? 

Anything else you would like to add?
Rebecca
Layouts Complete - 2/100
December Daily - 75% complete!
Cards - 8/24

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1073

Re: 2018 Secret Sister Questionairre - Random Bits about You

Post by beachlover » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Monroe1218 wrote:1. What are your favorite colors?  any shades of green
2. What's your favorite candy? Dark chocolate w/sea salt, peanut butter M&M's
3. What's your favorite holiday?  Halloween
4. What's your favorite weekend activity?  going to the beach or back yard bbq's, sitting by fire pit
5. Favorite fast food restaurant?  Chick Fil A
6. Favorite non-fast food restaurant?  Applebee's and Texas Roadhouse
7. Favorite television show?  Grey's Anatomy
8. Favorite genre of books?  Favorite author?  Thrillers/Mystery, James Patterson (esp Alex Cross series)
9. Do you like candles? If so, what kind of scents do you like best? Love them!!  fresh scents, cinnamon
10. Favorite lotion scents?  Bath & Body has a great Beach series!!!
11. Do you collect anything?  Lighthouses, anything with Labs, beachy stuff in greens/blues
12. Have any pets?  Black lab Lily, choc lab Harley ) both girls
13. Favorite snack while scrapbooking?  cheese and crackers!
14. Do you have a special place to scrapbook-  finishing my scrap room - green walls, white furniture and light oak  floors - need stuff for my walls!  going beachy, love, etc
15. What type of music do you like?  country!
16. Do you enjoy sports? Playing or watching? watch football (Saints) with hubby or racing
17. Early bird or night owl?  early bird
18. Favorite season?  summer!!
19. Favorite animal?  frogs
20. Do you enjoy coffee? Dunkin Donuts daily!'!!!
21.  Hot Cocoa? Hot tea?   warm tea rarely
22. Do you enjoy the "adult" coloring books?  no
23. Favorite store other than crafty/scrappy store?  Christmas Tree Store
24.  Favorite way to relax?  reading, bubble baths and sweet red wine!
25.  Anything you absolutely detest?  aside from lima beans and bills, no :)
26.  Other hobbies?  reading, watching dh and dd race on weekends, cooking and time with grandkids

Love cooking and starting my Pampered Chef business!  Meeting great new ppl!!  going away to scrap retreats more often but I need to pack better (lighter!!)

UPDATED FOR 2019!!
Last edited by beachlover on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by Monroe1218 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:12 am

1. What are your favorite colors?  Blues and greens
2. What's your favorite candy? Favorite chocolate?  Haribo gummy raspberries - can't eat chocolate, so no favorite there!
3. What's your favorite holiday?  Thanksgiving and Christmas - including the time between....
4. What's your favorite weekend activity?  Spending time with my dh Andy, spending time with my nephew Grayson, scrapping, reading, cooking
5. Favorite fast food restaurant?  Chick Fil A, Wendy's or Burger King
6. Favorite non-fast food restaurant?  Cheddars and a local one called Rush Street
7. Favorite television show?  Chopped and stuff like Hunt for the Zodiac Killer on the History Channel
8. Favorite genre of books?  Favorite author?  Biography/autobiography - no favorite author at the moment
9. Do you like candles? If so, what kind of scents do you like best?  Yes, baking scents are my favorite - sugar cookie, vanilla, cinnamon stuff...
10. Favorite lotion scents?  BBW Vanilla Bean Noel
11. Do you collect anything?  Elephants, vintage quilts, jadeite
12. Have any pets? 1 dog Lucky and 4 cats Tiger, Ballot and Nutmeg (affectionately known as Toot - he's deaf so he doesn't know what we call him) and our newest teeny kitten, Clove
13. Favorite snack while scrapbooking?  cheese and crackers, cashews, bbq peanuts
14. Do you have a special place to scrapbook or do you take over somewhere in the house (dining room table, bed??)  Scrapbook room
15. What type of music do you like?  80's/90's - Fleetwood Mac, Jefferson Starship/Airplane, Elton John.... it's pretty eclectic and also contemporary Christian - Bethel Music, Transformation Church, Hillsong
16. Do you enjoy sports? Playing or watching? Favorite teams?  Love watching the LA Dodgers baseball, Tennessee basketball (men's and women's)
17. Early bird or night owl?  Early bird
18. Favorite season?  Fall - not too hot, not too cold
19. Favorite animal?  Can't pick just one - elephant, raccoon, turtles, possum.... weird I know
20. Do you enjoy coffee? Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf or somewhere different? Make it at home? Keurig or something similar?   Nope ....
21.  Hot Cocoa? Hot tea?   Neither....
22. Do you enjoy the "adult" coloring books?  Sometimes, I have a big collection of them but would rather be scrapping or reading....
23. Favorite store other than crafty/scrappy store?  Goodwill
24.  Favorite way to relax?  Read
25.  Anything you absolutely detest?  Mayonnaise and brussel sprouts 
26.  Other hobbies? Cooking - I have a pipe dream to open a restaurant one day....

Edited for 2019!

Rebecca
Layouts Complete - 2/100
Cards - 8/24

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1591

Post by Art_Teacher » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:04 am

Monroe1218 wrote:1. What are your favorite colors?  teal, green, shades of blue, red
2. What's your favorite candy? Favorite chocolate?  Chocolate...Dove chocolate
3. What's your favorite holiday?  Christmas
4. What's your favorite weekend activity?  Reading, watching movies
5. Favorite fast food restaurant?  Taco Bell 
6. Favorite non-fast food restaurant?  Olive Garden
7. Favorite television show?  too many to count...Big Bang Theory, NCIS, Grey's Anatomy, sitcoms and dramas
8. Favorite genre of books?  Favorite author?  Mysteries and Fantasy...don't really have a fave author
9. Do you like candles? If so, what kind of scents do you like best?  Yes...baking scents, vanilla, cinnamon
10. Favorite lotion scents?  Soft scents...vanilla, soft florals
11. Do you collect anything?  Not really
12. Have any pets?  Golden Doodle named Paisley
13. Favorite snack while scrapbooking?  Chocolate
14. Do you have a special place to scrapbook or do you take over somewhere in the house (dining room table, bed??). I have a studio over the garage
15. What type of music do you like?  varied...pop, country, rock, 80's
16. Do you enjoy sports? Playing or watching? Favorite teams?  watching college football...OSU Buckeyes!
17. Early bird or night owl?  Neither...I like my sleep!
18. Favorite season?  Fall
19. Favorite animal?  dogs
20. Do you enjoy coffee? Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf or somewhere different? Make it at home? Keurig or something similar?   Have a home cappuccino maker.  Like Starbucks but nearest one is 20 miles out of my way.
21.  Hot Cocoa? Hot tea?   Like hot tea, especially vanilla caramel
22. Do you enjoy the "adult" coloring books?  Yes, if the designs aren't too small...eyes getting old!  lol
23. Favorite store other than crafty/scrappy store?  Macy's and Bed/Bath/Beyond
24.  Favorite way to relax?   reading, sitting on my back deck when it is warm 
25.  Anything you absolutely detest?  overuse of social media and those who don't fact check...lol
26.  Other hobbies?  Ceramics, painting, music (I play the flute), and other crafts

Laura

ratgirl
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 47

Post by ratgirl » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:41 pm

Reading everyone's responses is so interesting! I'm feeling kind of lousy today, so reading through this thread is a nice diversion. :) Anyway, here are my answers:
1. What are your favorite colors? tiffany blue, aquamarine, violet (deep blueish purple), and black
2. What's your favorite candy? Ooh, I adore candy! I'm vegan but that doesn't stop me from eating candy. :) I love Sour Patch Kids, Twizzlers, Blow Pops (green apple especially!), Mary Janes, Life Savers (tropical and 5 flavor), I could go on, but that seems like a lot already. :)  Favorite chocolate? Junior Mints, definitely. 
3. What's your favorite holiday? I love holidays in general, so it's hard to choose. I love Xmas and Thanksgiving, I love Halloween, Lunar New Year, and Valentine's Day. I don't do Easter, but the Buddha's birthday is right around the same time and is springtime-ish, life affirming, and all that. :)
4. What's your favorite weekend activity? Hanging out with my husband and/or my best friend. Chatting, watching something funny together like a Riff Tracks movie or MST3K. Just being around each other. Crafting together (Scott does Marquetry and I scrapbook/stamp so we share a craft room. :))
5. Favorite fast food restaurant? Subway and Panera
6. Favorite non-fast food restaurant? Most are local so I don't know if they'll ring any bells for my Secret Sister...I love Gringo-a-Go Go (not only do I get to enjoy their burritos, but they sell tiny tacos with just the vegan "chicken" inside just for dogs. Jinkasaurus thinks this is the greatest thing *ever*. :) Then there's Lilly's Pizza, Fiction Kitchen, Neomonde (Middle Eastern food--the best! :)), Udupi Cafe...Raleigh has *great* food. As far as chains go, I love the veggie burgers at Red Robin and Z Pizza has very yummy pizzas, Now I am hungry. 
7. Favorite television show? Bob's Burgers, Bojack Horseman (Netflix), Antiques Roadshow, Law and Order
8. Favorite genre of books?  I love to read so that's hard to answer! True crime, horror, literary fiction, cozy mysteries, non-fiction on animal behavior and health, history books--especially about the 19th century, poetry of course, and more. Favorite author? So hard to say. Maybe William Somerset Maugham, maybe John Irving or Margaret Atwood. I also love Richard Brautigan and so many more.
9. Do you like candles? Yes yes yes! I have candles burning almost every day. If so, what kind of scents do you like best? Violet, Lilly of the Valley, and yummy food scents, especially spicy things like pumpkin pie
10. Favorite lotion scents? Pretty much the same as the candle ones, though if you want something specific, I love coconut scented (you know, that suntan lotion smell! :)), Satsuma from the Body Shop, Fresh Sparkling Snow from Bath and Body Works
11. Do you collect anything? Holiday Inn and other vintage hotel/motel stationery/postcards/memorabilia
12. Have any pets? Yes yes yes! I have a chihuahua named Jinkasaurus Rex, a cat named Violet, 2 degus named Trident and Bubblicia, a mouse named Dentina, two turtles--Walter and Jebediah, plus I am fostering a pair of rats we just picked up from the rescue the other day so we haven't named them yet. They're so cute though. Black and white hoodeds. All of our animals are rescues (I've been doing rescue and other animal related work most of my adult life) and we are hoping to adopt a pair of cats some time this year. 
13. Favorite snack while scrapbooking? Cereal. I love Cinnamon Frosted Flakes and Life Cereal. Oooh and Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. Just for snacks, though. They're too sweet and overpowering for breakfast. 
14. Do you have a special place to scrapbook or do you take over somewhere in the house (dining room table, bed??)  I'm lucky to have a scrap room. :) I kind of craft all over though.
15. What type of music do you like?  Punk rock (old school), honky tonk, dixieland jazz, romany music, nerdcore rap, old timey 1920's stuff, and so on
16. Do you enjoy sports? Playing or watching? Favorite teams? Nope nope and nope. I was that kid that always tried to get out of P.E. though I didn't mind hockey so much and played it with the guys in the nearby dorm at college
17. Early bird or night owl? Night owl, totally. I go to sleep around 1-2 a.m. and it's probably the earliest I've gone to sleep regularly as an adult. Plus my chronic pain makes mornings very difficult.
18. Favorite season?  Autumn and Winter
19. Favorite animal?  Rat
20. Do you enjoy coffee? Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf or somewhere different? Make it at home? Keurig or something similar?  I loooove coffee. Starbucks is the treat I give myself for making it through another awful doctor visit. (My doctor is actually quite competent. It's just...ugh.) I love all kinds of drinks...cinnamon dolce soy lattes, chai soy lattes, occasionally a vegan frappacino or whatever those frozen things are. So yum! I also have a Keurig at home that I love to use. They make a cinnamon dolce Starbucks pod that doesn't have milk in it and it's great! I love flavored coffees and cider pods, and chai tea. Yum.
21.  Hot Cocoa? Hot tea?  Hot Cocoa if it's vegan and tea anytime! I love all kinds of tea *except* rooibos, which I think tastes like wet pipe tobacco probably tastes like. Gross!
22. Do you enjoy the "adult" coloring books? Yes! So much!
23. Favorite store other than crafty/scrappy store? Bookstore. :)
24.  Favorite way to relax? Fire in the fireplace, snuggly dog, great book. 
25.  Anything you absolutely detest? Ted Nugent?
26.  Other hobbies? Reading, writing letters, writing for real (that's what I "do". :)), stitchery (nothing fancy), journaling, plannering, etc.

Anything else you would like to add? Looking forward to this year's Secret Sisterhood! :) I can't wait!

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1591

Post by Art_Teacher » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:19 pm

Bumping this one back up, too. Answer if you haven't! :)
Laura

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 149

Post by DN in MN » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:15 pm

1. What are your favorite colors? This is tough for me as I love a variety of colors... teal is currently getting my attention... always at the top is black :)
2. What's your favorite candy? Favorite chocolate?  Hot Tamales/Reese Peanut Butter Cup
3. What's your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
4. What's your favorite weekend activity? Hanging out with BF or scrappin'
5. Favorite fast food restaurant? McDonalds
6. Favorite non-fast food restaurant? McKenzies (the local watering hole) 
7. Favorite television show? NCIS
8. Favorite genre of books?  Favorite author?  n/a
9. Do you like candles? If so, what kind of scents do you like best?  yes but, I cannot burn many..scent allergies.  Cinnamon or vanilla
10. Favorite lotion scents? none..see above
11. Do you collect anything?  scrapbook supplies, lol  
12. Have any pets? yes - 1 dog/boxer - Ruger; 3 cats....Simba, Stoli, Mama
13. Favorite snack while scrapbooking? Diet Coke/M&Ms w/almonds/hard candy
14. Do you have a special place to scrapbook or do you take over somewhere in the house (dining room table, bed??) yes, I have a crafty space
15. What type of music do you like? Mostly Country or 80's rock
16. Do you enjoy sports? Playing or watching? Favorite teams? yes!  hockey, football, nascar - UMD Bulldogs, MN Vikings and WILD 
17. Early bird or night owl? Early bird
18. Favorite season? Fall
19. Favorite animal? Dogs
20. Do you enjoy coffee? Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf or somewhere different? Make it at home? Keurig or something similar? I have Keurig Cafe and love Caribou Coffee.  Starbucks is a close 2nd.  I don't think I would survive without coffee  :greenwinkb:
21.  Hot Cocoa? Hot tea?  Yes to both - love chai tea
22. Do you enjoy the "adult" coloring books? no
23. Favorite store other than crafty/scrappy store? Target 
24.  Favorite way to relax?  scrapbooking, walks, glass of wine
25.  Anything you absolutely detest? whisky, bulky scrapbook items, overly glittered embellishments, and some personality traits of others that I won't get into here. 
26.  Other hobbies? cooking, sewing, I play darts, cribbage and love word search puzzles
 Image    Image   

2019 -  21/100 layouts

Christi S.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1417

Post by Christi S. » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:52 pm

Hello again,

1. What are your favorite colors? PURPLE
2. What's your favorite candy? Favorite chocolate? SNICKERS, REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
3. What's your favorite holiday? CHRISTMAS
4. What's your favorite weekend activity? SCRAPPING
5. Favorite fast food restaurant? SUBS AT WAWA
6. Favorite non-fast food restaurant? OLIVE GARDEN
7. Favorite television show? FOOD NETWORK SHOWS, HGTV, BIG BANG THEORY, FLEA MARKET FLIP
8. Favorite genre of books?  Favorite author? MYSTERY, SUE GRAFTON
9. Do you like candles? If so, what kind of scents do you like best? VANILLA
10. Favorite lotion scents? CLINIQUE HAPPY (ORIGINAL)
11. Do you collect anything? TRYING NOT TO
12. Have any pets? BUNNY
13. Favorite snack while scrapbooking? M&Ms AND PRETZELS
14. Do you have a special place to scrapbook or do you take over somewhere in the house (dining room table, bed??) SCRAPROOM
15. What type of music do you like? 80s, SHOWTUNES
16. Do you enjoy sports? Playing or watching? Favorite teams? WATCHING PHILLIES, EAGLES, AND FL GATORS FOOTBALL
17. Early bird or night owl? UNFORTUNATELY BOTH
18. Favorite season? SPRING
19. Favorite animal? GIRAFFE, BUNNY
20. Do you enjoy coffee? Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf or somewhere different? Make it at home? Keurig or something similar?  NO
21.  Hot Cocoa? Hot tea?  BOTH
22. Do you enjoy the "adult" coloring books? NO
23. Favorite store other than crafty/scrappy store? KOHLS
24.  Favorite way to relax? DOING SOMETHING ARTISTIC
25.  Anything you absolutely detest? CLEANING
26.  Other hobbies?  PAINTING, SEWING

~~~~~~~~~~~

Christi_S

Totals for 2016
     Layouts 33
     Cards 42

Totals for 2015
     Layouts 299, Cards 331, Mini Books 5

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: 2019 Secret Sister Questionairre - Random Bits about You

Post by Monroe1218 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:32 pm

Please fill out the little survey so your secret sister can get to know you.... if yours is still on here from last year, you can just edit it for 2019!
Rebecca
Layouts Complete - 2/100
Cards - 8/24

Mommytron
Cherry Tart

Re: 2019 Secret Sister Questionairre - Random Bits about You

Post by Mommytron » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:19 pm

What is this about? How does it work? Thanks!

Return to “Secret Sister”