Page 1 of 1

looking for interest

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:03 pm
by TheFiberLady
is there anyone interested in doing swaps of any kind? Now that college is finally done I would be willing to host a couple and see how it goes? Is there anything new and beautiful out there by way of the basic grey lines? lol

Re: looking for interest

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:58 pm
by Art_Teacher
I'm game if you are, Wendy. LOL! I still haven't used enough of my swaps to really justify it, but it would give me some projects to work on this summer. :winkb: I vote that we invite people we know are reliable!

Re: looking for interest

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:40 pm
by love2stamp
I would love to join in on some swaps.

Re: looking for interest

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:54 pm
by Krimpet
Swap? Did someone say Swap? Haven't swapped in a long time, or scrapped for that matter.

Carolyn (aka Carjohn)

Re: looking for interest

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:46 pm
by Ayla
I've never done a swap....how does it work?

Re: looking for interest

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:00 am
by Art_Teacher
I've never done a swap....how does it work?
Basically, the hostess of the swap puts out a list of items that will create a coordinating kit, sometimes around a paper line, or sometimes around a specific theme. Then, people sign up to provide one of the items in multiple quantities, enough to cover one for each of the gals in the swap. All the items are mailed to the hostess by a specific date, along with postage to send back your kit. The hostess separates all the kits and mails them back and you have a beautifully coordinated scrappy kit! :-D It is fun, and it is a good way to get some lovely handmade embellishments that you couldn't find and would have to spend time making yourself. People who don't want to make things can sign up for the papers, for example and provide a sheet for each person. Here are some layouts I made with a swap kit long ago. It was the Cloud 9 Sparkle Dog line and there were enough things in the kit for me to do 6 pages!

Image

Image



:-D Carolyn! We have missed you!

Re: looking for interest

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 pm
by TheFiberLady
I missed you all!!!:-D


I think we have a lot of new people on the board and hopefully any problems there were before stay in the past but if anyone knows of any just pm me. i'm gonna take a look around and see if I can find any papers that i can't live without and get back to you about the line.

Re: looking for interest

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:12 am
by fong33
I may be interested depending on the timing.

Re: looking for interest

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:42 pm
by scrapy1967
Sounds fun! I have done a few card and tag swaps here that Northern brat has hosted they are always fun.

Re: looking for interest

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:31 pm
by elainehall
Hi,


I would be interested in swapping here. I swap on 2 peas and scrapbook.com, and would love a new set of ladies to swap with.

I love making charms, tags, ATC's, inchies, kits, basically anything. I would love also to swap some ribbons and perhaps fibers

to get some new items in my supply.....



Elaine Paullus

Re: looking for interest

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:44 am
by jessinmich
Sign me up! my stash is getting low and i love using them for crops. I have a couple friends that also would like to join the site if there are new swaps.