The Eagle

Never miss another good movie [Public]

Moderator: koala1966

sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 2269

The Eagle

Post by sarahwhithers » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Well, I love movies based on knights and that have a medieval feel to them, which is what i thought this movie would be like, but it wasn't. I was expecting battlefields with swords and fighting and such, but in the end, it was about a roman knight trying to bring honor back to his family name by finding a golden eagle.

I was disappointed. Half way through I was yawning and hoping that the movie would pick up. There were a few fight scenes, but not many. This is a movie I would not recommend unless you can see it for free on TV.

Movie synopsis: In 2nd-Century Britain, two men - master and slave - venture beyond the edge of the known world on a dangerous and obsessive quest that will push them beyond the boundaries of loyalty and betrayal, friendship and hatred, deceit and heroism...

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Re: The Eagle

Post by koala1966 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:09 am

Thanks for the review - we were thinking about watching this but since our theater time is so limited these days we'll probably wait for DVD.

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Re: The Eagle

Post by koala1966 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:26 pm

You were right, this was disappointing. It wanted to be a cheap Gladiator but it wasn't even really that. I didn't like it at all.

Return to “The Movie Critic”