Source Code (DVD)

Never miss another good movie [Public]

Moderator: koala1966

sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 2269

Source Code (DVD)

Post by sarahwhithers » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:10 am

synopsis: When decorated soldier Captain Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) wakes up in the body of an unknown man, he discovers he's part of a mission to find the bomber of a Chicago commuter train. In an assignment unlike any he's ever known, he learns he's part of a government experiment called the Source Code, a program that enables him to cross over into another man's identity in the last 8 minutes of his life. With a second, much larger target threatening to kill millions in downtown Chicago, Colter
re-lives the incident over and over again, gathering clues each time, until he can solve the mystery of who is behind the bombs and prevent the next attack.

This movie wasn't too bad. It had an interesting premise and kept me watching. It is a little like groundhog day since he keeps going back to the same 8 minutes, but it changes everytime depending on what he does in that time, so it keeps it interesting. I'd say for sure rent it!
:)

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2525

Re: Source Code (DVD)

Post by koala1966 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:59 pm

This was a great movie! People who want to "understand" probably won't like it, lol, since it severely tests the limits of reality, but I have no such basis in reality. :bluewinkb: We were pulled in right away, and there were some shockers as the details unfolded. I would have been ok without the very last scene, I'm not sure it was necessary, but it didn't ruin anything for me. I definitely recommend the rental.

Return to “The Movie Critic”