Glee

Discuss your fave shows! [Public]

Moderator: ALIASFan

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Glee

Post by koala1966 » Tue May 26, 2009 7:39 pm

I just finished watching what I thought was going to be the season premiere (for summer), but now I guess that was just the preview and it's going to be a fall show? Bummer, because I really like it, and now they are going to make me wait, lol.

The music is great (some good 80's tunes) and the cast can sing. It's not a musical, which was my initial impression, but it is about music, a Glee Club at a high school, to be exact. The teacher, Mr Schuester, pulls together a motley crew of talented but mismatched students - Rachel, Arty, Finn, Mercedes and Kurt (all clearly stereotyped characters, i.e. the jock, the unpopular girl, etc.). It only takes them one episode to pull together as a team, though, so obviously that's not going to be a main plot. I'm guessing it will concentrate more on how they can perfect their routine to win regionals, and how they can make Glee popular around school (currently it's the pariah of all clubs on campus).

my slightly off-topic rant - I seriously hate AI, they are always bleeding over into the next time slot, and I never get to see the end of my shows. I missed the last few minutes of the pilot, grrr. Gotta go find it online. Stupid Brighthouse, they really need to fix that problem. I think the DVR should know if a show has gone over and adjust. It happens with DH's basketball games too - not just 5 minutes over either, but like an entire quarter. I have to tape the entire next program so that he doesn't miss the ends of the games.

BeatrizS
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 222

Re: Glee

Post by BeatrizS » Sun May 31, 2009 11:43 pm

Great show me and my kids LOVED it. Cant wait for the fall! I too thought it was going to air this summer. Oh well guess we all will have to wait!

scrapperqueen
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 140

Post by scrapperqueen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Watched this online and loved it! Can't wait to watch more.

JulianaM
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 259

Post by JulianaM » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 pm

They just replayed this tonight and it got me pumped all over again for it to start! Which, by the way, is next Wednesday! Yeah!!! Who else is planning to watch?

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Post by koala1966 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:37 pm

I am! My DVR is ready and waiting. :bluesmile:

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1644

Post by Art_Teacher » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:18 am

I watched it again last night and I am looking forward to it!
Laura

Return to “TV Talk”