Using Your Stash Celebration thread

Challenge Forum [Public]

Moderator: 4peasinourpod

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Re: Using Your Stash Celebration thread

Post by koala1966 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:16 pm

I finished off another package of Cars stickers, and got through quite a few more pictures of my nephew's birthday party too. I think I only have about 2 or 3 more layouts to finish up with that set of pictures.

I also broke into a paper pack I've had forever - it's an 8x8 pack with papers, photo mats, borders, etc. I'm using it for my ABC album.

koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:00 am

I finished up a package of rubons, a package of pearls and 3 different sticker packages tonight - I dug deep into my stash for my layouts today. :bluesmile:

croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 350

Post by croppinmama » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:22 pm

evilqueen wrote:I've been using alot of my stash lately. Done 15 layouts so far this month and that is alot of stuff used.
Wow, 15 layouts...you rock. I'm hoping to do more in Feb, going to a reteat and I usually get a lot done there.
Image  Image Image  Image

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 356

Post by killarney_rose » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Every time I scroll down on the Board Index I need to participate in this thread and forum. The last time I scrolled down I put all older paper together to use on layouts I plan to do in the near future. In most of 2009 and first part of last year I was real limited to what I could purchase, so my embellishments were few and far between last fall. I've been able to replenish but I have seem to have a ton of paper to use up. The organization threads by Jannyf makes me realize I have far less a stash then a lot of you on the board. Although my daughter says it is huge! In fact on my desk right now is older paper from MME Penny Lane I purchased two years ago and hardly touched. I'm using them to do this month's GCT Scraplift Challenge!!! I'll post it here to when done.

By the way I think Nancy is perfect to be a Guest Designer!

koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:09 pm

I'm working on Christmas card layouts this evening and I came across a Christmas Picture (one of those picture cards) that is the perfect colors to match some KI Memories embellishments I've had forever. I could never quite make them match a page before. Finally used them!

croppinmama
Cherry Cola

Post by croppinmama » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:31 pm

I noticed it was easier to scrap this crop than the other 2 I did in the past. I think it was because I got rid of a lot of my stash. The retreat I attend in Feb asks for donations for women and children charities. I packed up a huge bag of paper that was sitting around for a year, alpha stickers left over, so many half finished pkgs of embellishments. They don't care if the pkg is already opened or if you have just a few of an item, they organize it all and put it with other donations. It felt good to "clean house".

scrapy1967
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1291

Post by scrapy1967 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:53 am

I put a serious dent in my stash during the crop! I was able to get 15 layouts done and used full packages of LYB embellies and lots of paper.I also packed a bunch of things up for a yard sale.
ImageImage 

croppinmama
Cherry Cola

Post by croppinmama » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:15 pm

I just finished my glue dots glue lines for my ribbons. I need more and their not in ACOT store. I will have to check Michaels. I need some for an all day crop this weekend.

croppinmama
Cherry Cola

Post by croppinmama » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:11 am

The April Card Challenge helped me finish my tags. I had 2 large ones left from forever ago and used them up :)

koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:30 am

Want a good way to use up some stash? Turn 4 kids loose on a box of scrapbook supplies, lol. I keep a box for my nieces and nephews, I randomly throw supplies in there when I either (A) come across something I think they'll like (either in my stash or in the store) or (B) come across something I know I'm not going to use in my stash. I kept 4 of them on Friday night and they went to town, they each finished 4 pages and used up quite a bit from their box. I actually dug into my underused ribbon stash to keep them going. :bluesmile:

scrapy1967
Cherry Cropper

Post by scrapy1967 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:30 am

I have been putting a serious dent in my stash! I used up several packs of stickers and bling! It feels good to have room on my clip it up! I hope to dig into more of it with the crop coming up and I am trying not to buy anything except tools!
ImageImage 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2829

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:28 am

I have been managing to finish off a sticker sheet here and there over the course of these past weekends this month. And yes, it does feel good!!! I also finished TONS of stuff when I was working on the mini albums. My trash can was FULL! :-D
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:23 pm

So in a completely accidental way, I ended up going all out for Halloween this year - honestly it all started when I bought some candy and realized I needed to share it. :-D I made up treat bags for my family - 7 kids, 7 adults, I think it ended up being, lol. In the midst of all that, I decided I needed to put a card in every bag, so I made cards too. I have a whole drawer full of card kits and pre-cut/scored cards, and I've finished off a whole pack of them in this project, and put a dent in another two sets.

I also finished off a set of deco-squares with this layout:

scrapy1967
Cherry Cropper

Post by scrapy1967 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:26 am

So much for not buying anything, I just ordered a huge grab box of sassafras lass! I guess I better start using my stash again!
ImageImage 

Return to “Use Your Stash!”