Using Your Stash Celebration thread

Challenge Forum [Public]

Moderator: 4peasinourpod

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 846

Re: Using Your Stash Celebration thread

Post by letumom » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:59 pm

Over the last week, I created 27 cards using lots of scraps, except for the bases. Today, I used a full Jolee's package on one layout. And I keep going back to my 'older' papers!
Laurie

letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:02 pm

Yay! Today I finished up a 2 year old package of Christmas Cardstock. How some of these colors qualify as Christmas is beyond me - Magenta, Pink, Lime Green, Baby Blue, and more! Wonderful feeling to use up something.
Laurie

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2514

Post by koala1966 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:07 am

I finished up a package of rubon stitches. I came really close to finishing up another package of rubons, but there just wasn't enough room on the page, lol.

letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

So, I was finally cleaning up my desk and scrappy area tonight! I don't like to start new work, until I have a clean surface - or at least moderately clean anyway. And I found that I had finished off a sheet of pop-dots! I still have three other sheets in the package, but that is a LOT of dots!
Laurie

letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Whoo-hooo! Last night when I was doing my CFH Christmas Cards, I finished off two border/sticker sheets from CM that I've had for at least two years. And I finished off a rub-on package (it only had one sheet) from Tinkering Ink! Yay for celebrating Using Up my Stash!
Laurie

koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:44 pm

I finished off a package of tags yesterday, that felt good :bluesmile:

letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:15 am

I was able to use up an RAK of epoxy slides/trim. Real sticky, wished they hadn't been preglued. Probably why it was an RAK.
Laurie

letumom
Cherry Jubilee

Post by letumom » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:19 pm

So, with all the scrappying this weekend, did anyone use up anything?
Laurie

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1305

Post by scrapy1967 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:47 am

I did. I finished up a pack of pop dots,used alot of scrap paper,finished up a pack of bazzill flowers and a tin of dazzlers. I am going to have to replace the dazzlers because I love them. And yes it felt good!
ImageImage 

koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:20 am

I used an entire package of Making Memories petite signage on one layout! I've had these forever, always wanted to use them but I'm better about buying word/phrase/quote embellishments than I am about using them, so I took the plunge. I used 7 journaling spots and some really old stickers too. :bluelol:

jannyf
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 145

Post by jannyf » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:47 am

Back in the day when I would go to Michael's and wipe out their clearance section with one swipe of the credit card (those days are LONG gone - no more credit card for me), I bought 3 or 4 Jolee's stickers that were baby carriages - really cute. I never used them!!! So when I found out a colleague became a Grandma - I whipped out one of those baby carriages & voila! I made her a congrats card. It felt really good to get rid of it!! Now, I have 2 more of them to use........
- Jan

koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:29 pm

Woot Woot, finally using stuff up again! :bluelol: Working on paper and hybrid projects today, managed to use up a package of die cuts that I've had for YEARS and a sheet of Stickpotamus stickers that were so old they no longer wanted to come off the backing :bludconfused: . I used my Xyron X machine to restick those babies onto my layout.

koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Over the weekend I managed to use up 2 packages of tags too.

immom2anc
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 264

Post by immom2anc » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Totally forgot about this thread but here goes, due to budgets this Christmas, I went handmade with most gifts! So I've used/created this holiday season:

*a 6x6" mini album for a niece with scraps, brads, eyelets & stickers that I'll never use on my own pages
*a dollhouse for my DDs with scrap paper, paint, velcro, fabric, chipboard & stickers
*a canvas painting for my dad
*etched glass vases for my mom using stickers as negatives for the glass (used a whole pack on one vase!)
*an altered sketchpad for another niece using scrap papers & markers
*3 sets of stackable boxes with Christmas papers, ribbons, buttons, brads & stickers!
*the awesome paper wreath that Amy Teets posted with a tut.
*a set of 5 cards for my daughter's teacher using scrap papers, ink, rub-ons, bling & brads

So all in all used over $100 worth of supplies for gifts and it only cost me about $10 for the vases, canvas & styrofoam wreath! Pretty awesome if I do say so! :)
**Kristen**
My photography: http://www.kristencarterphotography.com
Image Image ImageImage Image

koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:23 am

I did some major paper scrapping this weekend with the crop. I used up two packages of Jolee's, a package of die cuts and a piece of patterned paper that were all over 3 years old. Plus I used two packages of acrylic stamps that had never been opened, and used up some scraps.

koala1966
Cherry Delight

Post by koala1966 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:08 pm

I used an entire sheet of stickers on this layout! :bluelol:

hlg1rose
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 127

Post by hlg1rose » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:40 pm

I just discovered this thread! Completed a challenge with some friends that said I had to do 30 layouts using only old supplies. If I bought during this time I had to do an extra one for every time I went shopping. I finished my 32 layouts and used up many things. Especially loved when I used paper from the first paper pack I ever purchased, about 9 years ago!
[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... picker.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

heleneNY http://emptynestscraproom.blogspot.com/[/url:dgoiopbi]

"The skin I'm in is alright with me, it's not old, just older" ` JBJ

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/211014-490.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 187

Post by 1grandma » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:09 am

It is a wonderful feeling when you actually completely use something. Finally, that item is gone and you no longer have to sort through it. Yay! Pat yourself on the back. You deserve it.
Bibi

kiwi-ange
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 8

Post by kiwi-ange » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:54 am

I have just found this thread...but Im so pleased I did. I havent finished off any packages of anything recently, but it is now my goal TO finish packets so I can contribute to this thread more ;)

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1305

Post by scrapy1967 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:38 pm

I used up two packs of paper today that I bought back in 2007 and I do not know why! I think the layouts turned out okay and it felt so good to use it up.
ImageImage 

Return to “Use Your Stash!”