Page 1 of 2

do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:53 am
by anazelia
on the games during the crop? I have always wondered if people look at the answers before them and copy? I will admitt to googling some of them movie questions.

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:56 am
by Beth-W
I think some people do. I noticed in some of my games with a, b, c answers a majority of people got the same wrong answer. So, it isn't always wise to just answer the same as everyone else, kwim? :winkb:

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:57 am
by beachlover
no; the nice thing is you can only see the original post on the screen unless you start scrolling down. I hate knowing others' answers. To me its almost as bad as knowing what you're getting for Christmas, such a letdown! Why ruin all the fun?:-D

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:13 am
by BeatrizS
anazelia wrote:on the games during the crop? I have always wondered if people look at the answers before them and copy? I will admitt to googling some of them movie questions.



I usually will look up the answer but not copy off other people.. If im going to get it wrong im getting it wrong cause google gave me the wrong answer...lol

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:35 am
by grifscap
No cheating here. I just guess.:winkb:

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:40 am
by mandee
I am a googler! So most of the time I knew it or guessed but a few tiimes on the color questioned I googeled.

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:44 am
by kathyt
I googled some of the colors meanings but still got a good deal of them wrong doing it that way :-D Don't know that I thought of that as cheating, since it didn't say you couldn't.

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:56 am
by KBeachy
I don't look until after I have posted my answer. I do do yahoo searched for some of the answers though.....but I don't count that as cheating!

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:17 am
by jodcold
On the multiple choice answers if it involved searching the store or gallery and I couldn't find it right away I would just take a wild guess, figured I had a 1 in 3 chance of being correct. I didn't copy off others because how would I know if they were correct or just guessing like myself.

On some of the trivia that I didn't know the answer to I did google, but only a few times since the board was moving so fast there really wasn't that much time.

I am sure there were people here that were just here for the points and while I love getting points, I love the fun more. The things I really enjoy are searching through the galleries/stores and bringing back my favorites. Usually I don't take the time to browse as much, but during crops the challenges encourage me to check things out and I am so happy about that as there is a lot I miss here.

OK, off to check out a few more things, then I am going to try to complete a few challenges.

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:18 am
by terri04
I just guess. that is the fun of the game

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:34 am
by montana_girl
Nope... If I truly know the answer than I will answer the question. Otherwise, I just read what other people put as the answer but not reply to the threat -- because that would feel cheating!

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:37 am
by lpap0807
I dont copy off of other posters, but I was using Google for some of the questions. I didn't think that was cheating tho...just searching for the correct answer.

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:44 am
by pawprints
If I don't know the answer I guess or skip the thread if it is a trivia question. I don't copy off of other posters, and I don't google anything. I will sometimes go into the store to answer a product or company question, but if I can't find it pretty quickly then I guess.

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:14 am
by JeanG
The very first swap, I googled an answer - I had no idea that wasn't allowed!! Since then, I just rely on my poor little old mind and guess when I have no idea.

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:19 am
by MarthaT
No, I certainly try not to, it makes the games more fun if everyone is honest

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:00 pm
by cynderellaj
Nope. I actually just answer and then move on to the next thing and don't even look to see what others have posted. Then when the winner is announced I go back to see if I was right or not.

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:23 pm
by Grandma Flowers
I usually reply with my answer before I look at the other replies, but if I'm wavering I might look to see what everybody else put. I've been known to Google a bit, too.

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:32 pm
by Art_Teacher
I always try to put in my games if googling is acceptable...sometimes that is part of the game!

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:53 pm
by Nikki_E
If I don't know the answer, I just guess.

Re: do you cheat?

Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:57 pm
by emarie803
Art_Teacher wrote:I always try to put in my games if googling is acceptable...sometimes that is part of the game!



Your Art Chick game and Color meaning games were fab! I'm glad that it was ok to Google for the Art Chicks :-D





I tend to just guess on the ones that are in the store here. It's sad that a lot of times I know because I've added it to my cart or wishlist... :-D