Page 1 of 3

When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:15 pm
by SusanZennario
So I told you all how my neck has been hurting and trying to pack and all.....well after a week at he Chiropractor with no relief I called my regular dr who immediately sent me for an MRI. He somehow had the results the next day (last Friday) and had my in the office on Monday to tell me I had some serious issues and called a neurosurgeon who had me come see him yesterday. After looking at my MRI and doing his exam he sat me down, told me I was inches away from being paralyzed and that I needed surgery asap to have ACDF (Anterior Cervical Disectomy and fusion with plates and screws/cadaver bone) Multilevel done on C5/6 and C6/7. In addition, my spinal cord is pinched in two places and one wrong move could sever it as there is no thecal sac protecting it. Surgery is scheduled for 10am tomorrow morning. Please say a prayer for me! I am terrifed!!!! Did the preop testing testing and and just waiting for it to be over with. Nobody can figure out how I simply went to bed three weeks ago and woke up in pain and my spinal chord exposed in two spots. Its bizzarre! I will be having cadaver bone fused to my neck bones in two spots and plates and screws to hold my neck in place. As of now I am ou of work till Aug 1. I hope this is an easy surgery and I have the summer to be home scrapping!!!

I will try to post on the board on Saturday when I get home...if not I will have one of my kids post on Facebook and anyone who's my friend on FB can share on the message board.

Thanks for sending your good thoughtS!!

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:17 pm
by MOM2SNOX
Ouch! Glad to hear you caught it but seriously? Surgery?? Sending healing vibes your way!!

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:20 pm
by Kara
Omgosh!! Good luck

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:21 pm
by jmo95
Wow...that is crazy! Sending lots of prayers and good vibes your way!

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:27 pm
by SusanZennario
Tell me about it! My head is spinning.....I went from Ouch to HOLY SH** in 30 seconds!! I knew it was serious today when my family md had me in to give medical clearance for the surgery and he admitted to me that he "panicked"....thats the word he used....when he saw the MRI results. From what I hear I'm in good hands. The guy that did the chest xray today said that my surgeon is so good that for abou a 2 year period he didn't accept the hospital employees insurance (which strikes me odd but whatever) and he personally knows of three people who paid out of pocket to have him do their surgery. So I take that as he's good. I was asked if I wanted 2nd or 3rd opinions and if I did, was going to be admitted today and the doctors I chose would have to see me in the hospital because its too dangerous for me to be moving around too much wit my spinal chord compromised. So I skipped the 2nd and 3rd opinions and am going with lots of recommendations that Dr. Dellasotta is good. Cross your fingers!

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:29 pm
by Grandma Flowers
Best of luck and good wishes. Hope you heal quickly.

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:31 pm
by LyndaKay
You are in the hands of an expert surgeon, it sounds! You can't do any better than that! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you, Susan.

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:31 pm
by SarahA
Goodness, Susan! I'm sure all will go well- he sounds like a great doctor! Many good, positive thoughts & prayers going out to you!

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:33 pm
by handerful
Goodness! I am glad this issue was found before something really dangerous happened!


I hope you are quick to recover!

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:41 pm
by pawprints
Oh honey good thing you went and the dr found out what was going on in time! I will be thinking of you tomorrow and I hope all goes well AND that you have a smooth, quick recovery. Good luck sweetie!

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:47 pm
by Sandi0805
I am so glad that the doctors were able to find the problems and are able to get you right in for the surgery. Sending prayers and good thoughts for a safe surgery and a speedy recovery. Keep us updated and do as the doctors say and not overdo things with the move.

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:00 pm
by GeriNY
Oh my Susan, how scary. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:00 pm
by Ayla
Glad you found out the problem BEFORE it caused even worse problems! Good luck with the surgery, and here's to a scrappy summer!

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:16 pm
by CherryTat
Wow, Susan, good luck with it!!!! I am sure it'll be fine, sounds like he knows what he is doing!!! I feel silly now worrying about my surgery next week..lol..I will be thinking good thoughts for you!

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:17 pm
by Queen Mum
Many prayers for you.

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:21 pm
by Retiree3
I will keep you in my prayers.

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 pm
by TraciL
ouch - my neck hurts just thinking about it - good luck - rest up and take it s.l.o.w.......

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:28 pm
by Sweyo
Good luck and praying for a quick and speedy recovery.

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:39 pm
by meteechtap
Sending up a prayer for you girl!!! I am soooo glad you went to your doctor!! Scary, and happy your getting the care you need!!! I'll be watching for your thread!!

Re: When I do it, I REALLLY do it!

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:21 pm
by croppinmama
I'm so sorry to hear about your health trouble. Please get well soon. You are in my prayers and will be praying the surgery goes well and your time recovering will be fast.