Lifted Spirits

Moderator: ACOT Employee

fong33
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 204

Re: Lifted Spirits

Post by fong33 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:50 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It sure is good to know that what i am not alone with what I am experiencing with the loss of my mom this past May. I have been sitting here day after day wondering when the inspiration to scrap will come back to me. Reading your story gives me hope that it will happen.

nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1549

Post by nun69 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:51 am

{{{HUGS}}}
Image~Angie~

4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:31 am

what a wonderful story :)
If you stop scrappbooking, I would kill you ;)
~pam~

GeriNY
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 15

Post by GeriNY » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:31 am

It is amazing how when we least expect it, and at times most need it, a connection happens. so happy you experienced that with your Mom. You have been through so much this past year and I hope now with your spirits lifted, your creativity will soar. You are so talented and I find your layouts to be so inspirational. I love the layout of you and your Mom.
Geralyn
Life is good, and even better when the SUN is shining! :)

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 846

Post by letumom » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:47 am

Awesome story! I was getting chills just reading about the music that kept coming up on your iPad!

So glad that you have been inspired again.
Laurie

bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 571

Post by bluejeans7 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:09 am

Hugs to you Suz!!! And I am so glad that you "heard" your mom. She is ALWAYS with you. I'm also glad you decided not to give up scrapbooking, you know your mom would not want you to give up something you love. :inlove:

scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1319

Post by scrapy1967 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:10 pm

Your story brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad you have finally found peace!
ImageImage 

javalove
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 166

Post by javalove » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:26 pm

What an awesome way to start your weekend. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful story. Looking forward to seeing lots more of your work!!
Lisa

Image Image

SusanZennario
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 357

Post by SusanZennario » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 pm

scrapsakes wrote:aww (((susan))) you have been going through the grieving process and it's only natural how you have
been feeling lately... the ebb and flow of life, and the creative therapy outlet to express what's within
sometimes helps the most, as well as being still & letting the outside noise subside helps tremendously.

oh can i tell you, THAT song by Iz (i know this is morbid, lol) is what i told dh to play at my funeral?
i know that's a crazy thought, but i've loved that song for years & have it on my ipod, ipad, iphone
and pandora :-D i especially love the "i hear babies cry and i watch them grow..." part which makes
me tear up all the time (sigh) so i understand... now i just have to be nicer when playing "words" :winkb:

ETA: i'm just glad you're not going to quit scrapbooking cuz those layouts are wonderful and special!

Its a powerful song......I don't care for the original version at all! Makes me think about Wizard of Oz, then I think about flying monkeys, munchkins and witches!! LOL! I'm not a W-O-Oz fan at all. But Iz's version goes straight to my core everytime!!

And don't worry....I WILL beat you one day my pretty! LOL!!! Said in my best Wicked Witch laugh!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

SusanZennario
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 357

Post by SusanZennario » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:48 pm

I just want to thank you all for your comments. Everyone of you mean so much to me! I talk about some of you as my friends to others and even though I've never met most of you, and probably never will, you are all my friends.

I can't say that I feel 100% better. Of course now that what happened has happened, I'm wanting more of her! LOL! I can't win. And my mojo isn't really all that "back" yet but its a slow and steady climb back into things. I did another layout today...so I am 3/3days. And again, not at all feeling inspired and I think it shows (at least to me) in my layouts. I like the one I did of my mom and I but the others the past week are just not "me" if you know what I mean. But I think whats more important right now is that I am sitting here at my desk with scraps from the last layout around me and I feel peaceful rather than the uneasy feeling I've had since moving here.

I'm not quitting....as much as I did give it some thought....I knew in the end I would regret it. I actually took a 3 year break after my husband died and am glad that I didn't have to start all over when the urge to scrap surfaced again!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 187

Post by 1grandma » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Susan, It sounds to me like you have been serioulsy depressed and going through the wringer! I am so sorry for that. You have taken one step forward now and maybe you will be able to take another step, then another. I hope so. The road is long and difficult but you must take it. We are here and if you need us, we will be here for you. (Even if you don't need us, we will be here for you, giving advice and lots of support!) That is what friends are for. Stay with us, we love you. Keep the faith, your Mom loves you.

I forgot to tell you how much I love your LOs! They are beautiful! I love the flowers, too. So pretty.
Bibi

Sandi0805
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1810

Post by Sandi0805 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Susan, It has been a terribly rough year for you. Losing your Mother and then several different medical issues is alot for anyone to deal with. Just know that you have many friends here that care for you. I lost my Mother 10 years ago and time does help, but I too still think about her. She was just starting to scrap and made cards all the time. I always wonder what she would think of all the new products that are available now and which ones she would have rushed out and bought. You've got so many wonderful memories of your Mother and a smile came to my face when I read that you were going swimming with Susie to continue creating great memories of the two of you. I love your layouts and you have a natural talent for scrapbooking. Just remember, we are always here whenever you need us.
Image Image
ImageImageImage

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1615

Post by oceanbreezes423 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:59 pm

I too found myself near tears reading your heartfelt words. If all you can manage is baby steps right now, then that is sufficient! I am sure your mother is smiling at you, and wanting you to find that mojo again. My heart goes out to you! Just know each day will get easier, and your mother is never really far away. If she is in your thoughts and memories, she is close!
Susan  Image

Return to “General Talk”