WWYD - Chore Chart

Moderator: ACOT Employee

anazelia
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 803

WWYD - Chore Chart

Post by anazelia »

Ok so I want to make a magnetic chore chart for my girls (ages 3-5). I saw these totally cute little magnetic chore buttons on etsy that I really want, but I do not want to have to buy the magnetic chart too. So I have a few different ideas

One- I am thinking about getting a very thin cookie sheet and using that. But I want to either, frame it. Either with an actual picture frame or covering the edges with paper and modge podge.

Two- getting a clipboard or something similar and painting it with magnetic paint.

Any other ideas or comments to help me with this?
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 561

Re: WWYD - Chore Chart

Post by ScrapGoo »

I like the cookie sheet idea. Depending on how heavy the magnets are I wonder if magnetic paint will be enough?

Also, if you want to buy the frame first I am pretty sure you can get a piece of metal sheeting cut to size at Home Depot or Lowes. :) Make sure you show us when you finish!
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

Have you seen THIS Prima Video, it might give you some ideas :)
ImageImageImageImageImage

aceason
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 683

Post by aceason »

I've done the cookie sheet thing and it works awesome! I got some sheets at the dollar store and used magnets from the pizza place which you can cut with a paper trimmer. It's easy to cover the cookie sheet with paper and Mod Podge and I hung mine with a ribbon and holes punched with my Crop A Dile. I imagine it would be pretty easy to frame it too.
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 358

Post by SarahA »

ScrapGoo wrote:I like the cookie sheet idea. Depending on how heavy the magnets are I wonder if magnetic paint will be enough?

Also, if you want to buy the frame first I am pretty sure you can get a piece of metal sheeting cut to size at Home Depot or Lowes. :) Make sure you show us when you finish!

What she said! I have some magnetic paint and even after putting on more coats than the can said, it still would hardly hold a piece of paper and only very heavy magnets would stay.
txbelle26
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 232

Post by txbelle26 »

I have never heard of magnetic paint...learn something new everyday LOL. The chore chart sounds like a great idea! I need a chart for daily things like "brush your teeth" "pick up you toys" things like that for my 5 yr old. I totally am going to hit Dollar Tree today now...of course getting the items together is the easy part, actually getting to the project done not so much HAHA.
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

anazelia
Cherry Cola

Post by anazelia »

aceason wrote:I've done the cookie sheet thing and it works awesome! I got some sheets at the dollar store and used magnets from the pizza place which you can cut with a paper trimmer. It's easy to cover the cookie sheet with paper and Mod Podge and I hung mine with a ribbon and holes punched with my Crop A Dile. I imagine it would be pretty easy to frame it too.

Perfect. Thank you. And you hole punch the cookie sheet with your crop a dile? Or the paper? LOL. This is what I am going to do.
anazelia
Cherry Cola

Post by anazelia »

txbelle26 wrote:I have never heard of magnetic paint...learn something new everyday LOL. The chore chart sounds like a great idea! I need a chart for daily things like "brush your teeth" "pick up you toys" things like that for my 5 yr old. I totally am going to hit Dollar Tree today now...of course getting the items together is the easy part, actually getting to the project done not so much HAHA.

Jeanne that is exactly what I need. For my five year old. Here is something I found http://www.etsy.com/listing/81910185/cr ... t=handmade

And this one too- since it has monetary values on it. http://www.etsy.com/listing/83249330/se ... t=handmade I told her that we would start a money system where if she did what she was supposed she would get paid, but if she whined, fight her sister or other things she would be fined.

Return to “General Talk”