Page 1 of 3

challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:09 am
by oceanbreezes423
Does anyone know what the plans are for monthly challenges? If they are not doing them, I would be willing to take one over just to keep it going. The points are always nice, but I like the motivation it gives me. I just thought if they were a thing of the past, if a few of us took one, we could continue with them. Any thoughts, or does anyone know what they plan? I know the guest ct has to do some, but are those actually what were the "old" challenges?

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:20 am
by blbabe1234
Susan...I have no idea whats going on with the challenges. As GCT, I will be offering at least 4 challenges, depending on participants and whether or not there aren't more challenges offered by ACOT. I will be posting my 1st challenge here in a bit.

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:20 am
by croppinmama
I don't think they are changing. I can't remember which post it was in the past, but someone said from ACOT that they were continuing them. I hope I'm right because they motivate me too. I just love doing them each month...they get me to think outside of the box.

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 am
by Ayla
Croppinmama wrote:I don't think they are changing. I can't remember which post it was in the past, but someone said from ACOT that they were continuing them. I hope I'm right because they motivate me too. I just love doing them each month...they get me to think outside of the box.
I would like to see them continue too....even if I don't end up doing a layout that fits the challenge, they still get me thinking in a different direction!

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:46 am
by 4peasinourpod
fyi, I was not asked to continue with mine.

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:39 pm
by 1grandma
Ayla wrote:
Croppinmama wrote:I don't think they are changing. I can't remember which post it was in the past, but someone said from ACOT that they were continuing them. I hope I'm right because they motivate me too. I just love doing them each month...they get me to think outside of the box.
I would like to see them continue too....even if I don't end up doing a layout that fits the challenge, they still get me thinking in a different direction!
that is how I work ,too. I do not usually enter the challenges, but I use them as a jumping point for my own creativity.

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:42 pm
by
Yeah, I hope they continue as well. I wouldn't mind doing one and even offering a prize from my own stash if ACOT doesn't continue them.

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:01 pm
by beachlover
I like them for the motivation too... I have searched other sites for motivation', 'mojo' or whatnot, and nothing else comes even close to this place :( I hope something will be up soon!

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:23 pm
by PezKat
I've been wondering about this as well - as in, does ACOT care if some of us post our own monthly challenges, with or without prizes? I know I would participate in some even if there aren't prizes, and I have lots of ideas for challenges I could post. I love the inspiration, structure, and, well, challenge! of having lots to choose from.

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:43 pm
by Ayla
PezKat wrote:I've been wondering about this as well - as in, does ACOT care if some of us post our own monthly challenges, with or without prizes? I know I would participate in some even if there aren't prizes, and I have lots of ideas for challenges I could post. I love the inspiration, structure, and, well, challenge! of having lots to choose from.
I'd be glad to do this too! I certainly have tons of stash with which I can choose a prize, if someone likes getting a goodie bag!

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:46 pm
by Smiley-Scrap8
4peasinourpod wrote:fyi, I was not asked to continue with mine.


me neither

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:03 pm
by craftyfool
Count me in as being willing to post some!!

I create 5 or 6 each month for my crops anyway, I could just post those. :winkb:

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:06 pm
by heidi
PezKat wrote:I've been wondering about this as well - as in, does ACOT care if some of us post our own monthly challenges, with or without prizes? I know I would participate in some even if there aren't prizes, and I have lots of ideas for challenges I could post. I love the inspiration, structure, and, well, challenge! of having lots to choose from.

Great idea! We encourage anyone wanting to post a challenge or two to go right ahead! This is your board and we'd love for you to have fun with it. Our Guest of the month will be continuing to post challenges, but we'd love to see even more.

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:13 pm
by writerlady
heidi wrote:
PezKat wrote:I've been wondering about this as well - as in, does ACOT care if some of us post our own monthly challenges, with or without prizes? I know I would participate in some even if there aren't prizes, and I have lots of ideas for challenges I could post. I love the inspiration, structure, and, well, challenge! of having lots to choose from.

Great idea! We encourage anyone wanting to post a challenge or two to go right ahead! This is your board and we'd love for you to have fun with it. Our Guest of the month will be continuing to post challenges, but we'd love to see even more.

Heidi - are you saying that there won't be the challenges here that we are used to? Wow... so many changes.

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:16 pm
by jusmedigital
i'd be willing to offer a coupon to my digi shop as a prize if someone wants to host a challenge.

just PM me here for a coupon code.

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:18 pm
by craftyfool
heidi wrote:
PezKat wrote:I've been wondering about this as well - as in, does ACOT care if some of us post our own monthly challenges, with or without prizes? I know I would participate in some even if there aren't prizes, and I have lots of ideas for challenges I could post. I love the inspiration, structure, and, well, challenge! of having lots to choose from.

Great idea! We encourage anyone wanting to post a challenge or two to go right ahead! This is your board and we'd love for you to have fun with it. Our Guest of the month will be continuing to post challenges, but we'd love to see even more.
Well then plan on seeing some from me soon, ladies! :-D

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:25 pm
by Ayla
jusmedigital wrote:i'd be willing to offer a coupon to my digi shop as a prize if someone wants to host a challenge.

just PM me here for a coupon code.
PM sent!

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:34 pm
by PezKat
heidi wrote:
PezKat wrote:I've been wondering about this as well - as in, does ACOT care if some of us post our own monthly challenges, with or without prizes? I know I would participate in some even if there aren't prizes, and I have lots of ideas for challenges I could post. I love the inspiration, structure, and, well, challenge! of having lots to choose from.

Great idea! We encourage anyone wanting to post a challenge or two to go right ahead! This is your board and we'd love for you to have fun with it. Our Guest of the month will be continuing to post challenges, but we'd love to see even more.

Awesome, thanks!

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:49 pm
by AmyTeets
jusmedigital wrote:i'd be willing to offer a coupon to my digi shop as a prize if someone wants to host a challenge.


just PM me here for a coupon code.


I will do the same as well!

Re: challenge changes???

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:54 pm
by Ayla
Thanks Amy! Stayed tuned everyone...challenges are in the works!