tragic........*UPDATE*

Moderator: ACOT Employee

CarrieG
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1348

tragic........*UPDATE*

Post by CarrieG »

we woke up early this morning..........to what would seem like a BAD April Fool's prank...but it isn't.......my daughter's high school was/is on fire.............a suspicious fire that at least is contained to the cafeteria building--but this building also housed the band, choir, cheer and dance team rooms........our cafeteria produced food for 6 elem schools and Head Start is located 5 ft away......TOTAL loss...........the one time we are glad for the California style campus!!!!!!!!            devastating on so many levels..................................no school for the high school for the rest of the week..........
so glad that no one was injured!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forget that most of you are not on my facebook....haha  so yes they caught the person that night...it was arson...but not student related and not a specific target......over 1 million in damages but the community and entire state has stepped up to help fundraise for the costs the insurance wont cover.......the drummer from the band Journey will be at the school tomorrow to meet with the band and choir students and give the school a $10,000 donation!    there is so much more I could share but its too early in the morning..haha  I will re-address this when I am more awake
Last edited by CarrieG on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 846

Re: tragic........

Post by average_kim »

That is terrible!  Hope the kids aren't out of school for very long . . .
Kim

Image Image  
stateless
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 293

Post by stateless »

That is awful but at least no one was hurt!!
- Valerie/stateless
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1743

Post by mgehrke »

Thank goodness no one was hurt. Wow I just don't understand people sometimes.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 57, 35 and 29) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (4 1/2) Sawyer (3) and Mazie (7 Months).

Image Image
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1831

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Grateful that no one was injured, but as others have said, who would do this???
Susan  Image    Image
CarrieG
Cherry Cropper

Post by CarrieG »

oceanbreezes423 wrote:Grateful that no one was injured, but as others have said, who would do this???

noooo idea currently but they do believe it was intentional  :(  there was an explosion at 3:30am 
there was also a couple suspicious posts on a twitter account about today being a bad day for the school.......that were posted YESTERDAY

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 302

Post by Flasher »

So glad this didn't happen during school hours!

Unfortunately, the world is full of idiots.  Hope they catch whoever is responsible.
When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

christinec68
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 249

Post by christinec68 »

Thank god no one was hurt but this is so awful.  :(  I hope they find out who and why soon. 
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 786

Post by 1scrappymom »

Glad no one was hurt, but what a loss.  So sorry!
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1923

Post by Art_Teacher »

How awful!  So glad nobody was hurt and I hope they catch the person(s) responsible!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 555

Post by Shutterbug »

How awful!  So grateful that no one was hurt.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1237

Post by beachlover »

that is horrible, so sorry to hear!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

CarrieG
Cherry Cropper

Post by CarrieG »

this is a FB post by one of my friends who is the head of the PE department...AND they are also investgating an explosion of a cargo trailer a block from the school and a house that burnt..all at the same time

Just to be clear, there is so much in the news about our school's cafeteria burning. There is sooooo much more in that building than just the cafeteria. Our home ec department and child development classrooms are housed there, as are the band and choir rooms. All of their robes, uniforms, instruments, music, etc. Also the cheer team practices in there and they have all of their mats and supplies. The dance team's costume and supply closet is housed in this building as well. Decades worth of costumes, and other supplies for the team....all gone. I think I also heard that a lot of the leadership supplies were in there....decorations for the upcoming Prom, etc. And there are probably things I don't even know about that is no longer. Please continue to pray for everyone who is impacted by this. Thank you!
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1743

Post by mgehrke »

CarrieG wrote:this is a FB post by one of my friends who is the head of the PE department...AND they are also investgating an explosion of a cargo trailer a block from the school and a house that burnt..all at the same time

Just to be clear, there is so much in the news about our school's cafeteria burning. There is sooooo much more in that building than just the cafeteria. Our home ec department and child development classrooms are housed there, as are the band and choir rooms. All of their robes, uniforms, instruments, music, etc. Also the cheer team practices in there and they have all of their mats and supplies. The dance team's costume and supply closet is housed in this building as well. Decades worth of costumes, and other supplies for the team....all gone. I think I also heard that a lot of the leadership supplies were in there....decorations for the upcoming Prom, etc. And there are probably things I don't even know about that is no longer. Please continue to pray for everyone who is impacted by this. Thank you!
That is a HUGE loss. A building can be rebuilt, but all the other "things"........WOW!!!! I certainly hope they catch whoever is responsible for this and punish them accordingly.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 57, 35 and 29) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (4 1/2) Sawyer (3) and Mazie (7 Months).

Image Image
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 3989

Post by Deanna13 »

That's just terrible! I'm really sorry, Carrie!
Image Image ImageImage
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 129

Post by gonecamping »

I saw this on the news and immediately thought of you. How horrible! I hope they find the people responsible for this!
***Tanya***
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3223

Post by blbabe1234 »

OMG how horrible!
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 356

Post by DN in MN »

That is just horrible.  I'm glad no one was injured.
Image      Image

2021 ~ 35/75 Layouts       46/12 Cards

killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

It is tragic Carrie!

Carrie, I don't know if your husband has known if he's had an arsonist work on his squad yet.  I had one that I knew of that worked on one of our Livestock Squads.  Let me tell you....they are the most warped of people locked up in a prison next to the serial killers.  I would whole lot rather be around a murderer then an arsonist.  Just so you know most murders are a crime of passion, and as such they live with the guilt forever.  And they would never do it again. For the newer girls on the board I worked 7 years in TDCJ.  I also broke a glass ceiling as I was the first female Agriculture Supervisor to work on a prison farm.
emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1723

Post by emmapaige »

This is just horrible.  What may have started as a prank has affected so many.  I hope they find out who started this and they are punished. That post on Twitter is really disturbing.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”