Well ladies, it's that time for Secret Sister sign ups!
Please sign up on this post if you are wanting to participate for the upcoming year. Please remember this is a year long commitment! I look forward to having another wonderful year with everyone!!
Here is the information that goes along with secret sister. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask here or PM me directly and I will try my best to answer your questions.
Welcome to Secret Sister 2018!! I hope that this will be a fun year for all of us. In order for that to happen, please remember the following rules:
1) Mail your ss a goody (about $5) each month. Please make sure that she receives it during the intended month, not the following month.
2) Mail your ss a little extra (about $8-$10) for her birthday and anniversary/special date, as well as for the Christmas reveal (at least $15). Some people do go above this amount. Whatever you choose to do is fine, as long as you spend the minimum, and send something EVERY month. Please don't send a larger amount to cover the whole year. It's more fun to receive a little goody each month. Please remember that for the Christmas reveal, that you are to shop for your girl. Gift cards/certificates are ok occasionally - but they sometimes seem impersonal and that's not the point of secret sisters. Make sure that your girl knows that you shopped and care for her!
3) If, for any reason, you can't get a goody to your ss by the end of the month LET ME KNOW. Communication is very important with ss, and can make the year go better for everybody. We have a list of Secret Sister Angels that are willing to help out whenever needed, so do not hesitate to tell me. Why do this? Because...
4) If your ss does not receive a goody for any 2 given months (not necessarily 2 months in a row), with no communication to your team leader, you will be replaced. I 'played nice' too much last year, and it made it not-so-fun for some of the girls. So, no hard feelings, but we have to make sure it's enjoyable for everybody. It's good to check your pm's often, as I try to send reminders. But remember -- this is your responsibility. THIS RULE IS MOST IMPORTANT!
5) Remember that this is a year-long commitment, and the idea is for it to be 'SECRET'. In order to do that, you can send goodies to me to be forwarded. Package the goodies as you normally would, including address and postage, and put in a larger envelope addressed to me. Some girls like to send me a few months at a time, which I will send out at the beginning of the correct month. Please write the month you intend it to go out somewhere on the envelope. If you need more info on this, please PM me! Little notes to your ss are always appreciated by them, but not necessary. If you choose to mail it directly -- just remember that even if your ss does not know you now, she might be a friend within the year and have you figured out. Try to remain anonymous!!
6) Check NOW to make sure your bio is updated, and includes your birthdate as well as anniversary or other important date. Please include whether you paper scrap, digi scrap or a combination of both. If you digi scrap, it might not be a bad idea to list some other places you shop for digi items. Also include things that you will be working on in the future/items you like or don't like (scrappy and non-scrappy), etc. There are many templates for this out there. You can copy and paste my bio to use as a template if you choose, or pm me and I will find you some! Don't forget to fill up your wishlist too. The more information you give your girl, the happier you will be with the goodies she sends. In a few days, I will go through everybody's bios and wishlists, and let you know if I think you should add some more. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR WISHLIST UP TO DATE AS THE YEAR GOES ALONG!! If you receive items either from SS or the envelope swap, make sure you delete those that have been received to avoid getting duplicates.
7) Make sure that you send your girl something that she will use. READ her bio, and look at her wishlist! (for example, don't send 'dress up' stickers to somebody that only has boys). Again, it is much more fun when you receive something you can use.
8). Non-scrapbook or homemade stuff is fine, as long as it is in addition to the goody.
9) If you have any questions now, or ever, pm me! Did I mention the importance of communication?
10) Also - don't forget to post a thank you each and every month on the appropriate thread on the message board. There were several girls who lost interest because they never received a thank you!!
11) NEW FOR 2018 - Please make sure you send your goodies to your secret sister so they arrive NO LATER than the 20th of each month. I have had too many issues this last year with packages not being sent in the month they were intended for, so this is a way to hopefully alleviate the problem. I understand things come up - if for some reason you are absolutely not able to send something to arrive NO LATER than the 20th, please let me know. It may be best to send an instant gift card/certificate at that point.
So - here's the real important stuff to take away....
- It's a year long commitment. Make sure that you intend on participating the entire year. I understand that things happen and you may need to drop out during the year and that can be taken care of....
- Keep your wishlist updated.
- If something happens and you can't send for a month - let me know! I have girls that would step in and help out if needed. If your recipient doesn't receive something 2 times - and not necessarily 2 months in a row - without communication to me - you will be dismissed from the SS program and unable to participate the following year.
- PACKAGES NEED TO BE SENT SO THEY ARE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THE 20th OF EACH MONTH!
- Have questions? ASK!!! PM me, email me, message me on Facebook.... Communication is KEY!!